Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Snow ... how did Maclin do last year? Will Alonzo need to pass a physical for the trade to go through?

@joemas6: "Tim Hasselback just showing Alonzo's impact on a football field on ESPN. Funny, every analysis that really looks at this trade loves it for us, but all the emotional ones don't." Any 2010 or 2014 highlights? Was the rehab facility nice? Was he a beast swirling around in his wheelchair?

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  How did Maclin do coming off his ACL tears? Remember, he tore an ACL in college too.

So what is the most tackles in a season for a LB???? thinking Kiko could be bordering the 200 range for us 160 as a rookie for the Bills and the way our team plays our D will be on the field a lot

@Don Corleone: Being a wise a*s doesn't and won't make you a smart a*s. You're still stuck at yesterday.

ahh, but at least my a** will be wise, I can live with that.

Snow, when was Alonzo injured? In the Bills playoff game in January?

Interesting hearing we are interested in Ingram and going to attempt for Worlds hard as soon as FA starts

GB has been talking that mark ingram up for weeks coming here. Get on the bandwagon. He says.

OK-so I am in the Ingram doghouse lol 2014-ran for 964 yards on 226 carries=17 touches per game.What if he got 22 touches? 9TD's 47 first downs(and this is on a basically passing offense.4.58 40 at the combine-but yeah a definite LOSER here.BTW he aint afraid to run anyone over either and he won't fall down on contact like Shady did.So say whatever you want(and you will) he's still young and can still improve-so bash away.Also he and Sproles know each other,those unteachable nuances of those who have played together.I ain't backin down lol

3D....Ed hand could be in on Ingram pretty sure Ed had a hand in recruiting the kid sure he talking him up to Chipper as well... Plus Ingram excels at attacking the hole he isn't going to dance around in the backfield

OK-so I am in the Ingram doghouse lol 2014-ran for 964 yards on 226 carries=17 touches per game.What if he got 22 touches? 9TD's 47 first downs(and this is on a basically passing offense.4.58 40 at the combine-but yeah a definite LOSER here.BTW he aint afraid to run anyone over either and he won't fall down on contact like Shady did.So say whatever you want(and you will) he's still young and can still improve-so bash away.Also he and Sproles know each other,those unteachable nuances of those who have played together.I ain't backin down lol

GBFL, all you need is, he's averaging 4.2 ypa. That shut the muffin up that was complaining about Ingram.

Maclin has the benefit of only being on the 10 minutes of a 60 minute game. Let's see how an ACL last when it's being used for 35 minutes, having to constantly stop and run and also change directions while also running into other players to make tackles. Comparing an ACL injury of a WR to a RB is apples and oranges.

GBFL, Ingram makes more sense now ... really didn't if we still had Shady. He doesn't offer much other than carrying the ball, and with Sproles and Polk taking carries already, that's taking away a roster spot. I'm ok with getting him now, but I think they look in the draft.

Maclin has the benefit of only being on the 10 minutes of a 60 minute game. Let's see how an ACL last when it's being used for 35 minutes, having to constantly stop and run and also change directions while also running into other players to make tackles. Comparing an ACL injury of a WR to a RB is apples and oranges.

WR's don't have to stop, run and change directions? Eagles bolster the defense, Kiko wont be on the field for 35 minutes. If it's a 60 minute game, you only account for 45, where's the other 15?

Pair this guy with Sproles OR Polk and there you have a defensive nightmare lol(if they cover,hit our stellar TE's) Is this like rocket science here?

Has read that the Eagles trade up for Mariota could be on the Horizon saying if we are going to make the deal makes sense to do it before the new league year so we know what we need going into FA to fill holes.....Also heard that the Eagles plan is still to focus on building up the D

@joemas6: Humor, right? Maclin (from my alma mater BTW) did just fine betting on himself. So much so that the Eagles will have to pay him all the cap money people say they saved on Shady to sign him IF he wants to be in a locker room where Sproles and Boykin and others have tweeted less-than-loving support for the trade. Maclin is about to get very rich somewhere - why do it in a place where your performance means nothing if you are not sucking up to the coach? Don't think he won't seriously look at Kansas City - as in Missouri, his alma mater. As for the trade, it is not a done deal until the 10th and I would assume Kelly will perform the physical...wearing lemon-and-lime colored blinders.

CCL, Maclin was on the field for a ton of snaps ... in a hurry up O. Was targeted a ton and had to block on run plays. Besides .. the trade for Alonzo isn't just about one year... is it?

See Mark as more of the power back type,which all top teams have.How many 3rd and shorts did we fail at???Polk good,can he stay healthy? We don't know.Call it "insurance"

93-we need a secondary on D,Mar trade has zero to do with this lol

Snow... Maclin gonna get a big deal from KC? They are over the cap bro ... you gotta know some facts. You think AR will spend big for a WR? And put his team deeper in the hole?

Joe-Ingram is not the end all,Play all 3 in rotation and yes DRAFT another one!!! We can do better than Barner or Tucker can't we?

KC could be an option for jmac. Going home and connection to AR but their cap space is miserable right now. We have the advantage.

Has read that the Eagles trade up for Mariota could be on the Horizon saying if we are going to make the deal makes sense to do it before the new league year so we know what we need going into FA to fill holes.....Also heard that the Eagles plan is still to focus on building up the D

Saw this a little earlier, we shall see

Matt Lombardo @MattLombardo975 · 3h3 hours ago Schefter on Mariota: They may get it done, but I don't see how it can happen. #Eagles