Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

I hate when people say chip is 20-12 in two seasons. How many of those wins came against teams with winning records? My count is 4. Great we beat 4 teams who have been in the play offs. What a great accomplishment. You know what speaks even louder? The games last year against GB, Seatle, and San Fransisco. We couldn't beat a 49ers team that we're having issues with coaching and management. Damn shame.

Blindly trust chip, all it's going to get you is false hope and another 5-10 years until we are able to compete again.

DDD... You think Maclin bet on himself to take less money to go to KC? Isn't the draft class supposed to be a good one for WRs?

Joe, i don't know what jmac is worth. So, i don't know what less money means right now. Did you read the rest of my sentence? I said KC is in miserable cap space. It could be an option for jmac but we have the overwhelming advantage.

This is looking like a good wr draft.

Snow... a LB gets hit at the knees on every single play????? HUNH? You do know they pass the ball in today's NFL? Dude, please stop exaggerating EVERY point.

they hyperbole is strong in these two

I hate when people say chip is 20-12 in two seasons. How many of those wins came against teams with winning records? My count is 4. Great we beat 4 teams who have been in the play offs. What a great accomplishment. You know what speaks even louder? The games last year against GB, Seatle, and San Fransisco. We couldn't beat a 49ers team that we're having issues with coaching and management. Damn shame.

Blindly trust chip, all it's going to get you is false hope and another 5-10 years until we are able to compete again.

This isn't college, you don't move up or down based off of style points. It's not Kelly's fault, he didn't make the schedule, he just took a 4-12 team and won 20 games in 2 seasons with them.

joemas6: "Snow .. lets see the perception of the players after FA. If we sign nobody good, then you have a point. If we get a few top FAs, then it just sounds like you are being emotional about one of your favorite players."

Ha, ha, no!!!! He is not one of my favorite players. Actually, I have remarked repeatedly that he needed to shut his mouth, remove the 5-pound diamond stud from his ear and produce! I've written he reminded me of Cole Hamels after the WS. Stay off the dinner and talk-show circuit and prepare to do your job. But this season will have been a wake-up call for him. Watch next year when he is so PO'd, he plays lights out. Or not. Right now, he's offended and feeling disrespected. We'll see how that transfers onto the field.

CCL... we had an OL in shambles vs the 49ers .. come on dude. Look what happened to NE vs KC ... that's a tough matchup going across the country with 3 stiffs starting on your OL, and we were banged up. But name me the last impressive win for the Eagles then? AR beat a bunch of stiff teams too .. .went 11-5 in 2009 ... lost 5 times to playoff teams ... 3 to Dallas.

According to you guys it doesn't matter how good the player is, so what does it matter if it's a back up or not? isn't that the point you guys are trying to make in releasing shady? Or is that argument only good when your trying to make a point. I understand its hard and all but no point being in denial.

Come on now this wasn't a 4-12 team talent wise. In fact it was the huge disappointment in the year before only being 8-8 that forced Lurie to lame duck AR. This was a team that needed the secondary blown up and rebuilt to contend.

@Don Corleone: "Snow... a LB gets hit at the knees on every single play????? HUNH? You do know they pass the ball in today's NFL? Dude, please stop exaggerating EVERY point." Yes and no. Think a LB with two ACL tears is not a target in the NFL?

Snow ... who cares what Shady does in Buffalo ... its about what are Eagles do here. Will his stats translate into a playoff win ... they haven't here in 6 years. I'm interested in improving our defense and our OL. WE need 3 guys on our OL soon, Mathis and Peters won't last too much longer.

According to you guys it doesn't matter how good the player is, so what does it matter if it's a back up or not? isn't that the point you guys are trying to make in releasing shady? Or is that argument only good when your trying to make a point. I understand its hard and all but no point being in denial.

Who said that? You're acting as though Shady was traded for some scrub. Alonso is/can be a stub LB for us, it bolsters the defense. There are some really good RB's in this draft, Ameer Abdullah, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, T.J Yeldon, Todd Gurley, now why can't the Eagles draft one of them?

I have no disrespect for AR was a great coach(our greatest coach) but we had to part ways...AR biggest mistake in my eyes never finding a true replacement at DC when JJ passed(could even agrue he should have given Mcdormett(probably spelled his name wrong) more time)

@Don Corleone: "Snow... a LB gets hit at the knees on every single play????? HUNH? You do know they pass the ball in today's NFL? Dude, please stop exaggerating EVERY point." Yes and no. Think a LB with two ACL tears is not a target in the NFL?

Except I didn't post that, Joe did, try and keep up.

We have sniffed a contender since though. In my opinion it really was that simple: get rid of NNamdi and the rest of the secondary and this team was a contender. Moved nothing but laterally since. i'm not saying Chip isn't a good coach. It's just obvious that he didn't fit the talent he inherited in Philly.

Snow and CCL, you guys say comparing LB to WR is pointless.. Go research Thomas Davis and see what he did after 3 ACL tears

CCL-cant speak for others.We have 2 outstanding LB's now-good for 5 years.RB's come and go(see all of them on FA?) Why was Shady #1 before,but now it's Murray? Who will be #1 next year?AP? Who knows.it's a team game.If we beef the O line,many RB's could be #1 next year(for us I mean).Maybe one we DRAFT.Chip wants the team to play as a team,individuals don't matter.This should be obvious by now

Snow... is this the NHL... do you expect teams to slash Alonzo in his knee? CCL ... OL matters... listen here. Why did Dallas and Pittsburgh offenses improve and our take a little step back ... OL. And Ham, this team stunk when Chip took over, don't kid yourself. The Dream Team had no shot, flawed in how it was put together at LB & S. AR with Foles and Cooper would not have put up anywhere near the production on offense. Part of the reason why the FAs didnt'work was also a weak culture in the locker room ... mostly the guys that we got rid of the last two years, including this week.

I love all the people who were on Chips d**k when he was first hired, praising him. I don't understand, did you not expect change??? Chip is building his team, with players he knows can handle his scheme. Think about it, Chip took his unorthodox style to the pros with a majority of players whom he did not choose and still found success. Try to go outside your little box (all those crying) and think of what Chip could produce on Sundays with the type of players he prefers. McCoy was my absolute favorite player and I am able to accept this move for the better of the team. The only thing we should be crying about with this whole trade is the fact that they sent him to Buffalo... I live in Buffalo currently and it is garbage, everything about this place, so for that fact alone I feel horrible for McCoy as he probably won't see a championship.. Anyway, I trust Chip has a vision and I for one and very excited to see where this takes us. Fly Eagles Fly!

Another another note kiko only faced one team his rookie year with a top 15 back, and that was jamaal Charles. And had wins against the Dolphins twice, jets, Ravens, panthers, Jaguars. Yea he played some good teams /end sarcasm.