Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Nick if chip couldn't win the big games in college with these players he isn't going to magically win the big games in the NFL with the same players. That makes no sense to even assume that.

CCL... do you think Chip got all the guys he wanted to go to Oregon? Really?

I'm a stud recruit ... let me go to Oregon for the great weather and the chicks! I'm sure that was said a lot!

@BleedingGreen93: "I mean I see CCL and Snow on here every off-season and complaining about every move we make???? What moves would you guys like to see made????" Fair question. Drafting wisely at positions of need, not "best player available" and realizing FA is an expensive bandaid. A franchise is built ground up, not bank account down. Look at what happened to the Phillies when they let their farm system go into disrepair and had crappy drafts. Problem is execs in the NFL are like your boss - they just want to keep their paycheck coming. On one level, I respect what Kelly is doing: Bringing in what he perceives as HIS kind of players. On a higher level, I do not because he has nothing to show in terms of championships for his system, scheme, or whatever blah, blah word you choose to attach. Not in college. Not in big games with the Eagles in two years, the time it took Marion Campbell, Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes to explode. They were in over their heads. Not Kelly. He's in charge. And you're gone if you don't salute him. But being a bully is not being a leader. He's just a different kind of bad.

CCL-well haters always goona hate.Would like to see the team YOU wnat and how you get that done I'll wait

*gonna

Now Alonzo didn't face any top RBs? Really... its one on one now with RB vs ILB? How was our run D last year... half a season with Casey Matthews in there... actually almost all the season with Casey Matthews in there? Our pass D ws the worst part of our team ... coverage from the LB spots needed help on top of the secondary.

Another another note kiko only faced one team his rookie year with a top 15 back, and that was jamaal Charles. And had wins against the Dolphins twice, jets, Ravens, panthers, Jaguars. Yea he played some good teams /end sarcasm.

riiight, because he was the only one on the defensive side of the ball

Eagles did a real good job against the run last year, with Alsonso in the fold, I don't expect a drop off at all

Wasn't kelly facing sanctions from recruiting befor running to the NFL? How about all that money the Nike CEO poured into the ducks organization? Don't act like its some run of the mill jr college lol.

Now Alonzo didn't face any top RBs? Really... its one on one now with RB vs ILB? How was our run D last year... half a season with Casey Matthews in there... actually almost all the season with Casey Matthews in there? Our pass D ws the worst part of our team ... coverage from the LB spots needed help on top of the secondary.

:lol:

BG.. you will never get names from Snow or CCL ... I didn't even read his post, just scanned for names ... so that tells us everything we need to know. No solutions offered, just overall philosophy BS without specifics. Maybe he is related to our previous coach or better yet Banner... talk in generalities and basically say nothing.

Wasn't kelly facing sanctions from recruiting befor running to the NFL? How about all that money the Nike CEO poured into the ducks organization? Don't act like its some run of the mill jr college lol.

Pete Carroll says hello

Ok the team stunk so bad then why the universal disappointment in 8-8? It went from the fans all the way to the owner. AR should have been coach of the year instead of Lurie lame ducking him if that was the belief.

I forgot our 15th ranked run defense was the reason we lost games, not our 31st ranked passing defense. Kiko must be switching to DB to help us! Thanks for clearing that up.

Yea Kelly faced some sanctions so did Pete Carroll

HAhahahaha really we talking about college boosters now all big name colleges have boosters

running out of excuses  :lol: