Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Mike Vick and the Eagles O broke franchise records. So the team was setup to play with a lead. They had weakness against the run. But if you have a lead teams coming back on you is the concern. It's pass D time.

Ham, no shto at contending ... they had a splash O with Vick prior to the Vikings game... then they figured out to blitz him from his left... checkmate! The D couldn't stop the run, you need that to then go into 3rd down passing situations. The middle of the D was useless at LB & S .. come on man ... you don't win with a D that has 5 HUGE holes in the middle of it! That's what I mean, you were disappointed because you were fooled. Hypnotized that the Eagles old ways were the way to win ... over estimating each player. . ie a Trent Cole type... once he ate Halloween candy he was useless the rest of the season.

Ham... AR & Banner forgot the game started wit ha score of 0-0 ... that's my point, the philosophy from the get go was flawed! Vick's scrambling was the reason the O put up stats. How were they when they needed to score. The game is all about what the Pats do on O. Score when needed. Seattle and GB do the same... not about flash or big plays... can you score when you need to. That Eagles team had ZERO clutch... except for that Giants comeback... again because Vick escaped pressure.

CCL- I don't see anyone here ready to service Chip as you are suggesting. I suggest you stop fantasizing about such things, and take a lesson from the majority of the board, and do as we do as most of us here seem to be taking the be patient let's see what happens then form an educated opinion about Chip.

And this next regime has still been running with Nate Allen. It's hard for me to see Cary Williams and Fletcher as better players either. That's where the team was at. Blow up that secondary and fix it and this team is was a contender. They didn't make the right moves though.

CCL- Are we moving backwards. 10-6 year one 10-6 year 2 with multiple injuries from starters and tougher schedule. Is that moving backwards, or are basing this off of our off season roster right now, you know the unfinished one given that FA & the draft haven't hit yet, yeah that roster?

Waiting and seeing for 2 years has produced what exactly. We are moving backwards.

Make no mistake, Kelly doesn't get a pass on the last 2 years, he's going to have to have results in these next 2. If he makes all these moves and falls flat on is face, he will be shown the door, there will be no reset button.

We needed depth at oline, a wr, and an ilb and 3 db. Now we need a starter at guard, a starter at rb, 3 starters at db, an olb, 2 wr. Yep we're moving forward.

DC-agreed

CCL-FA hasn't even hit yet and you are tossing in the towel already? I guess your name on here says it all lol

So 10-6 is the end game goal. I guess 50years of nothing leads to that when it comes to expectations.

Who said that's the end game? 10-6 is pretty damn good for what we've had in the secondary, plus the injuries of this past season. The goal is always to win the Super Bowl, for every team, yes, even the Browns, Jags and Raiders, teams that have been in the toilet for a very long time.

CCL-Maybe time for you to consider a team fan switch? Or are you a "fair weather" fan"? The Pats board would love to have you

We needed depth at oline, a wr, and an ilb and 3 db. Now we need a starter at guard, a starter at rb, 3 starters at db, an olb, 2 wr. Yep we're moving forward.

There have been people on here wanting a guy like Mike Iupati, Clint Boling or Orlando Franklin, even before Herremans was released, that was also know to be a need, yeah, we need O-Line dept, but we can and should grab an FA safety, corner, guard and an OLB, then spend the draft picks, maybe trade up a few spots to get a Trae Waynes, grab a WR, get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, etc.