Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

wrangler- Goldson is set to make a base salary of $7.5mil this year, the Bucs will have $0 dead money if they trade and will safe the full $8mil he is due if they cut him they save $4mil and have $4mil in dead money. So, it is more likely TB will try to trade him vs release him. He is a decent safety but is 30 years old now, and if have the choice of giving up a draft pick or player and taking on his $8 mil contract or waiting and try signing McCourty (if not resigned by NE) who is said to be looking for $9-$10mil/year. I would much whether do?

@PHEagles - Wasn't aware of his salary but the rumor going around was he could be had for a fourth or fifth round draft pick as he never liked playing in the cover 2 defense of Smith.

3/4 of the starters gonna be newbies along side Jenkins this season.. Could see them signing top CB n plugging Nolan next to him.. Saves aiming for a top CB in the draft.. All this cap space Eagles are gonna be big players in the FA market

BG93- I would be fine with FA if we do any of these combinations:

Get starting WR, CB, G / Get starting WR, CB, S / Get starting CB, G, S / Get starting CB, S, OLB, DE, Get starting WR, CB, OLB, DE

BG- I'd be ok drafting a G also, but not if we don't fill some of these big wholes needed via FA. We need by my count 7 starters, so FA must go well.

>>>Fraak: Jimmy Kempski had the scoop on DJax last season. He must have ears like no one else!!

Tampa talking to Winston.. So guess hes going no.1

Nah, we're trading everything plus Foles and McCoy to move up to #1  :lol:

>>>Fraak: Jimmy Kempski had the scoop on DJax last season. He must have ears like no one else!!

He also said the Eagles were trading all the way up to #1

@GENETIC - It will be interesting to see who gets the larger contract between Mike lupati and Orlando Franklin. I have been reading some articles that state that Franklin would be the better fit for the Eagles.

I really think they should sign Andre Johnson to a 2 or 3 year deal worked with t.o. I think this would be a good pick up plus our receivers would learn from this veteran

@depressed - My thinking is McCourty OR Maxwell and not both. I'm leaning toward Maxwell because McCourty really wants to stay with New England. If either of the two were going to give their current team a home team discount my money is on McCourty.

Philly1987- Andre Johnson will probably get close to what Steve Smith did last year. 3yrs 12mil around that range, about what we pay Cooper per year. So, I would be fine signing Johnson as an upgrade to Cooper, but Cooper will probably not be cut until next year when it makes more since financially due to his contract structure.

PH Eagles - I am really curious how Chip Kelly and the offensive coaching staff feel about Huff. That is whether they believe Huff is ready to take over for Cooper by sometime next year.

This guy has some serious speed.

LATEST NEWS

Image: Blazing-fast 40 Blazing-fast 40

Unheralded running back prospect Corey Grant -- who wasn't even invited to the Scouting Combine -- ran unofficial 40 times of 4.25 and 4.27 at Auburn's pro day, creating a major buzz on Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476055/article/auburns-corey-grant-runs-blazing-40-times-at-pro-day

It would be a HUGE mistake for the Eagles to sign Byron Maxwell. The guy can't cover to save his life. He, like Sherman, is a product of the 7 guys in front of him, and the 2 behind him. You put either of those guys on a team with average pass rushers, and average safeties, they would be terrible. I'm a diehard Philly fan who happens to live in Seattle. I see the Hawks play every week. Maxwell will be much more of a FA bust than Walter Thurmond was. PLEASE DON'T DO IT KELLY!!!!!!!!!

I have seen Sherman on an island by himself and have a WR on lock down, Hell watched him play 1 armed and still hold his own think he can cover.... As for Maxwell no he probably isn't a shutdown CB but he is good and way better then what we had in WIlliams and Fletcher