Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Usually we've seen college coaches use their experience and familiarity to pick up quality players. I can't think of any instance before that a college coach came to the pros so he could coach the same players. Chip is on a record setting pace of adding Ducks.

Peyton went out and got his QB though for the Saints he loved Brees and thought he was the perfect QB for his system any surprise they are winning...Kelly could be aiming for the same thing with trying for Mariota

CCL-stop whining man,at least wait until we have the team set,then whine away if you think it sucks.One move and the world ends? doubtful.What's Chip plan,maybe you know? If so,we'd all love to hear it

CCL - So all Chip was missing in a passer driven league was a guy to pass the ball, and the guys who are supposed to stop the guy passing the ball? Well then, surely we should have a SB by now

Usually we've seen college coaches use their experience and familiarity to pick up quality players. I can't think of any instance before that a college coach came to the pros so he could coach the same players. Chip is on a record setting pace of adding Ducks.

Didn't Spurrier do it with the Redskins?

Eagles will not spend $50mil in FA they have players to resign next year, but will they spend $40mil...

expect extensions for Fletcher Cox and a few others that have contract set to expire next season.

Oregon has a system(CHIPS system),most other colleges do not.Thus you take players who know you(and you know them)unless the talen level is so different you have no choice lol

Since Kelly came here in 2013 we have only draft 2 Oregon Ducks Hart and Huff I don't care that he add Ducks as UDFA that makes sense roster bubble guys/camp bodies who already know the O....

Don who was on the seatle and saints team when both coaches took over? No one. Chip inherited a team with more than enough talent. Yes he needed a QB and a secondary but beside that he had what he needed to win. Now he is dumping people for no reason at all. You think the Eagles are going to spend 50m in fa? I doubt they do at all.

Of course not, they'll probably extend some guys like Thornton, Polk, Fletcher Cox and a few others, that's going to eat into that. But, they very well could target McCourty and or Revis should either one or both not re-sign with the Pats, there's Kareem Jackson, Chris Culliver, Antonio Cromartie, there's Clint Boling, Orlando Franklin and Mike Iupati at the guard position, maybe re-sign Maclin and even go after Randall Cob. 

There's plenty of moves they can make and they would have enough money to sign some of the guys I just suggested

DC-Culliver not a Chip guy" I would take Perrish Cox though lol

not saying I want him, but those are the names off the top of my head, I forgot to put Worilds in there

I could see a top flight team with little needs snagging him as their only FA pick(Pats anyone?) They could lose McCourty for him lol(and can afford to do it)

More will be released,let's see who goes on the block.worilds here would be a terrific move IMO(and Ingram but lets not go there again) lol

Really do hope Maclin gets resigned he came out bet on himself and gave this team 110% think we should reward him...Not to mention he loves the system and is about as team first of a player you will ever find in the NFL

I know Eagles are getting called the Philly Ducks or something with Oregon Ducks comparison.. Come draft 2 players from Oregon could be good value.. Well make that 3 Mariota, Armstead n Fisher