Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Agree,but he's gotta show me something now.Time for learning 1s over-you got it or you dont lol

93-been bleedin for a SB since '71.I'm nearly out of blood HAHA

If Marcus Smith does turn into a stud player somehow. Does Howie get credit for the great pick that was part of the reason he got promoted-demoted? or does Chip get credit for coaching up Smith into a stud?

The Shady trade was a surprise,but can't say it was terrible deal.We have LB's for the nest 5 years lol(fix it and move on theory) Now that position is something we can forget awhile(but yeah grab some back-ups lol)

PH-yes lmao(aka fence sitter)

Not real worried about who gets credit for what.It;s all moot when you rase the Lombardi lol

Did you guys know a Narwhal can beat a Polar Bear in a fight?

DC, That Sprint commercial cracks me up.

DC, That Sprint commercial cracks me up.

I like the one with the goat and the new "we slash your bill in 1/2" with the donkey at the end, wow I couldn't put jack

and a** together

all I know is with Alonso, Kendricks, and Jenkins, we should no longer have any sort of the problems guarding the TE position like we have over the past decade.

GBFL, I look at draft choices as long term investments. So if its a little WIP, I don't mind. My issue with this pick if it fails ... I believe it was because of the old school Eagles AR/ Banner way of prioritizing positions too much. There were players they could have drafted, the reason they went after MS2 was the position he plays. Basically Howie said so. That bothers me ... I think that is why they went Graham over Earl Thomas. Dude, just take the best player.

I think Chip was dead set on drafting J Matt with trading up in round two. First year he went Johnson and Ertz. So it was a throw the D a bone thing. One of the huge shakeups that I have to agree with came out of this though. The scouting department needed to improve. It will be years until we know if it did improve or not. That's what Baltimore and GB have over most everyone. That great GM with excellent scouting. Improve the scouting and wins will never be far behind.

Imagine if we drafted the defensive rookie of the year instead of trading the face of our franchise for him.......but then again anyone who read Chips philosophy on drafting you just choose whoever regardless of round....cause you know the best players might still be there in round 7.......fml

Some in hated cowboys media say our birds got the better of the pending deal shady v kiko. They say the trade shows how devalued a RB is in today's nfl. They are hoping this trade sends a signal to the rest of the nfl not to give Murray $10 mil a year on a multi-year contract. They think that the hated cowboys have a much better chance of keeping Murray if those $$$ stay lower from other teams.

official now

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles · 6m6 minutes ago #Eagles release LB Trent Cole.

Eagles Insider @EaglesInsider · 6m6 minutes ago The #Eagles have released LB Trent Cole. “We spoke with Trent and his agent and expressed a desire to have him back,” Chip Kelly said ...

Eagles Insider @EaglesInsider · 5m5 minutes ago Kelly cont'd: “We have been talking for a couple of weeks. However, at this point, we think it’s best to let him explore other options.”

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 2h2 hours ago Eagles spent long time w/ him. RT @NFL_CFB: OL coaches from 4 NFL teams check out Pitt's T.J. Clemmings. --> http://at.nfl.com/Mkbw5Do 

Yes, i see #58 has been removed from our roster. Long live the hunter but not against us.

That gil brandt knows his football.

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane · 2h2 hours ago For those asking, DeMeco Ryans' rehab is progressing as expected. He was recently cleared to start running and is full go in weight room.

That's good news.

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane · 3h3 hours ago RE: Mychal Kendricks. Way early, but #Eagles haven't approached him about extension. If ever in plans, doesn't seem likely now with Alonso.

TJ Clemmings looks real good to me. Looks like he has all the tools.

Agreed, so maybe they don't trade up for Mariota and they target some of these guys in the draft, we'll see, should be fun.

Don- I couldn't figure that one out either, but from what I have been reading reports are saying it's not guaranteed DeMeco is gone, or will not be starting next year. If Alonso is healthy he's almost a given to start, so if he and Ryans starts what happens to Kendricks? We can't have 3 starting ILBs...

Going to miss Cole was a great Eagle I would say maybe we could sign him back cheap if he doesn't get pick up in FA but apparently multiple teams already have been reported to be interested in him if cut.....