Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

Don- I couldn't figure that one out either, but from what I have been reading reports are saying it's not guaranteed DeMeco is gone, or will not be starting next year. If Alonso is healthy he's almost a given to start, so if he and Ryans starts what happens to Kendricks? We can't have 3 starting ILBs...

I'd probably cut Meco and extend Kendricks, you get younger at the position with Kendricks and Alonso, how much drop of would there be between Meco and Kendricks/Alonso?

Only thing you really losing with cutting Meco is the exp. he isn't getting fooled often by OC or QBs...Meco was great at playing the chess game at the line before the snap

I wish we could trade Meco but with his cap number age and coming off injury seems unlikely :(

Meco brains at the pre snap that is gonna be hard to replace.. Alonso n Kendricks who would have thought Eagles would have 2 studs at LB??

So, are we going to have a where will he go, when, and for how much contest for T. Cole or Maclin? We did for Desean last year...

Trent Cole to the Carolina Panthers?

@joemas6: "Snow... Maclin gonna get a big deal from KC? They are over the cap bro ... you gotta know some facts. You think AR will spend big for a WR? And put his team deeper in the hole?" KC did not score a WR TD ALL YEAR. Yeah, they would pay big for a Missouri guy to come home.

The ticket and apparel sales will cover the cost, lol.

DC!!!! You are NOT making sense! There is no way that a Narwahal can cover slot receivers and TEs in this Defense. He is better suited to the Predator position. Pinning his... "ears" back, and getting after the QB.

That's not just my opinion, either. That's a Scouting Report from Levar Arrington.

Is "Carry on" appropriate here? :roll:

DC!!!! You are NOT making sense! There is no way that a Narwahal can cover slot receivers and TEs in this Defense. He is better suited to the Predator position. Pinning his... "ears" back, and getting after the QB.

That's not just my opinion, either. That's a Scouting Report from Levar Arrington.

Is "Carry on" appropriate here? :roll:

All I know is, the Polar Bear can't cover, he's worse than Bradley Fletcher, the Narwhal is awesome though, he can probably play multiple positions

Free agency will be telling but these moves seem indicative of a coach thats looking 2-3 years down the road to me. Makes a trade up for Mariota also seem more likely. Can't wait to see where this goes. The more it runs through my head the more i'm ok with the trade. 

After that trade last night I won't be believing anything I read any time soon. I don't think anyone has any idea what Chippa is going to do. In fact i'm not even sure he knows what he's going to do at this point.

With the cr p offer to Polk (which he'll take) and the trading up rumors, it has dawned on me what Kelly is doing. He's the usual corporate manager. You all know this guy. He comes in. Usually invited by an ambitious sort who expects an ally. But he sees problems. Says it will take years to solve them. Seeks to eliminate equally ambitious enemies. Like the guy who recruited him. Like himself. But their ambition loses to his ambition. Because the guy at the top appreciates his cutthroat tactics more. Because they are like his own. Green light. Embarks on this grand plan. Taking years. Drawing a huge salary. Achieving something. Or maybe nothing. But that's OK, because he's "building." Doesn't work out. Gets canned or retires. With the money. Which was the object all along. You all know this guy.

RESIGN MACLIN SIGNING DEVIN MCCOUTRY IS A MOST!!!!!!! SIGN MAXWELL IF NOT GET FLOWERS OR CULLIVER FROM 49ers......GET TF RID OF FLETCHER ASAP

You do know Bradley Fletcher is set to hit FA? I thought a deal for Maclin would happen over this weekend, we'll see, but it looks like he may hit the market.

We can call it the "M & M" signing.

Maxwell and McCourty on Day 1.

Then you get Flowers and Suh on day 2.

But why not sign Maclin? He's going to be even better this year as he is two years removed from injury.

Eagles focused on the wrong db. They should've locked up McCourty prior to Maxwell. Now McCourty is back with the Pats and the Birds are still stuck with Nate Allen or another inferior safety. Maxwell had his mind set on coming here anyway why not focus on the guy that needed persuading. Although it did say he turned down more money to stay in New England.