Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

LOL... that it only rumors, there has been no trade yet... wink wink!

How attractive is this team for FAs? I hope this is a place that the best want to play at. I hope they see this team as a winner ... Even contender. Is it more attractive for certain positions than others? O guys know the opportunity is there to put up big stats. Especially with no go to O weapon currently. Can Chip sell the big D FA guys on what Davis has brewing?

Ham, do you want the big name FAs on D? Seems like you were all Dream Team negative about that idea? I can't follow your thought process. Yes or No to a quality FA or multiple FAs for this defense?

GB: noticed on the last article you were talking about my boy Eli Harold. He's has been on my one and only mock so far since early February. I knew he would be a possibilty

OK .. so why all the negative stuff on the last post when I said I want them to get the right guys that fit there schemes and it was the right time to go after these guys?

Eli Harold,Byron Jones,Phillip Dorsett are my first 3 rounds

If we could snag Perrimans I woud love that(outside speeder),but we;d probably have to go for him at 2

Getting the right guys next week and having long term success with them as building blocks, justifies letting all these AR guys go, especially #10 last year. The idea is long term success and getting back to being a contender. And correct in the fact that if these guys do sign with us then it shows that we are a FA destination. If we sign big time D players then it shows Chip does care about defense and the 6 extra snaps a game are no big deal in preventing players from coming here. It's HUGE right now, because the current group of players is a combo of AR guys, Chip's draft picks and a few decent FA starters or ST guys. If a new group of All Pro quality type of defensive FAs come here, then all the negative perception goes down the toilet and is proven meaningless.

2013 Chip was an unknown .... 2014 he had a year of success and had a positive vibe ....now we are coming off of a negative finish and negative vibes about this team. There is a body of work now of 33 games. So if FAs want to come now, its different than the last 2 years. It shows that Chip's way of doing things can attract good talent to want to come here. That people on the outside believe he can win.

The team has righted the ship so to speak with the salary cap. Build off that going forward. Let's not sign guys to big contracts while back loading them. Take fiscal responsibility. Pay a good amount up front cap wise. Create a situation as the cap goes up it creates that much more of an opportunity to improve. And PAY THE GUYS THAT EARNED it HERE. Take care of Cox, Thorton, Kendricks and so on

Ham, I think its smart to wait to pay these current guys. No need yet. Let the offseason play out, perhaps close or after the draft you take care of whoever you think will be here long term. Thorton, I would offer the tender. Not sure you look to lock him up long term and have to commit starter money to him. Backloading the contracts is the smart way to do business. Its about low cap hits early on. As you see this year, the Eagles still have plenty of cap room even with all the dead money they took on. If hey believe the player is worth it, they will keep the big contract, ie Jason Peters. If not ...adios!

GB: I had Havenstein on my mock as well. This is how I had it: my mach: 1: Eli Harold OLB, 2. Arie Kouandjio G, 3: Kurtis Drummond S, 4: Rob Havenstein OT, 5: Eric Rowe CB, 6: Karlos Williams RB, 7: Amarlo Herrera ILB. By round... Ill be updating after free agency

I think the low cap hits early on creates problems. When you have to set up a multi year contract as only a 3 mil cap hit year one and it becomes 12.5 year three of the contract it doesn't make sense. Not in this position with plenty of cap space.

GB: I actually like and think phillip dorsett might go late 1st round to early 2nd round. With that speed he will be a playmaker imo

so many good players to choose from lol