Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

with the recent moves we have made, i have never felt how unpredictable or which way our team might go... Its like chip is calling plays right now in the offseason and everyone hasn't a clue in what he might do. Probably his whole plan in making teams guess, whats next? Never thought Shady would be gone. Happy Alonso is here though.

Ham: its hard to choose for me. I will definitly be changing my mach one more time before the draft but i might be keeping Eli Harold there.

I'm worried guys aren't going to want to come here because we don't take care of star players and pay them. Especially if we allow Maclin to hit the open market. I'm worried they are going to ask us to over pay because of a combination of that and cap space as well. Some will say we are a contender and others will say we are self destructing. Will be interesting to see how the chips fall come Monday afternoon though. I am both excited and nervous to see how this team turns out.

Now don't stop posting because i started to lol

DWD: I know what you mean... Hope Maclin is back or we are going to lose another weapon

I believe in having a great defense but we still need good players on offense... If Maclin goes, all we will have is Ertz and Matthews. We need a game changer with blazing speed. GB: I hope Dorsett comes to philly

I would take a guy like Brandon Marshell who is a polished all around player over a guy like Mike Wallace with blazing speed any day of the week twice on sunday and 3 times in the redzone. A physical receiver that will fight for the ball and make big catches over a speed finess receiver. Give me a guy that can run routes not a guy that needs 15-20 yards to beat his defender. Don't get me wrong a speed receiver would be nice to open up the top of a defense but would rather have a receiver that is going to help more then just a deep ball.

Hard to see Mac not hitting the open market. He's coming off a career season. He should be a hot commodity. He has to want to stay in Philly by giving a discount. It'd be a shocker if he doesn't test the waters though. The business side of the NFL has definitely been slapped in Mac's face seeing the fate of his talented teammates.

Funny that a day or 2 after articles come out about Chip poisoning the waters for potential free agents Spuds comes out with his spin on the situation. Will be interesting to see who's right.

Spuds kisses up. Has to stay positive. Job Security. That said, this article is well written. There is a piece out today that compares Kelly's style to emulate Billicheck which I feel is more on the money then these other sport writer "bozos" who haven't a clue. That said, How many Super Bowl wins do we have with the past. I called the McCoy, Jackson, and Williams eight months before they happened. My feeling .. Chip will not get rid of Nick unless he has too (for Mario). Chip believes in a two QB system. That said, Barkley is gone. And I think Chip would like to dump Cooper but noone will have him. Ryans he wants and maybe a salary restructure with a minimal cap hit and a bonus to give him the same money. Treading on water if he dumps Ryans (Mustafa... that would go back on his word). And put a lot of doubt on the fans (and my mind). But Chipper has a well thought out plan.. and shortly we will see the puzzles slot into the jigsaw puzzle, trust me.

This just in: Jets said that they would be willing to trade with Philly should Mariota be available. Of course, I still believe he is gone, but the scenario is set should he drop to 6. Another thing we all seem to forget is that the Eagles do not pay allot to free agents. It has been their way the past few years. Why do you all think they will switch gears now? I feel they will go after one marquee player and the rest will all be role players or solid starters, but not top tier. So I strongly doubt we will see both Maxwell and McCourty. Besides, I think Gipson from Cleveland might be easier to grab and is just as good.

>>Stine: across the NFL is one story-- highly paid FA players. Get dumped quickly on an underperforming team. There are dozens of excellent players available this season. They may sign for big bucks and get dumped in 12 short months --if a new FO sees the need to change things up. I believe teams will offer " dump friendly" contracts that allow lesser cap penalties ahead. I see less and less roster stability except for a few sacred cow players at QB. Even the sacred cows must readjust their compensation.

>>> joemas: glad chip is shakin' and bakin'. Last off season focused on ST and had very positive outcome.

Please sign Maclin. PLEASE this weekend... I have been on board with all other moves. We NEED Maclin in FA. Cobb is a slot. the rest of the FA's at WR are not impact players. If he brings Torry Smith in as a #1 over Maclin, I will concede that Chip is being arrogant. We don't need to waste money on a FA or trade for a Marshall, A. Johnson, Wallace, or Bowe. Draft another WR in the 3rd or 4th. Grab an RB in the other round. An impact defender in the 1st and hopefully snag Hundley in the second. Maybe find room for a guard if you dont get one in FA. We need McCourty or Moore at saftey. At CB we need 2 of Maxwell, Jackson, Cox or Culliver. And we better get Worilds. Wouldnt mind Locker to be the QB2. We roll with Foles next year and develop Hundley

>>Stine: I'd be going Todd Gurley in Rd1. No doubts here. This team needs an Eddie George / Ricky Watters that can run through contact and execute in the offense --without going east / west every other play ( for naught).

>>>Hews: fascinating trying to guess what Kelly will do. He says "big people beat up little people" and grabs Sproles last season. Bellichick had 2 dominating TEs--and adapted with smurf ball in 2014. Chip is adaptive too. What's next? Looks like a stacked defense! What else? We can only guess!

Woody, I do not think we go RB round 1, if we have that pick. My guess would be WR, CB or OLB....

Nickels46 should be given recognition for his use of the classic "bozo" description of someone!!! Like Yah-Hoo.

LOTS of WRs in this Draft. Not sure a bank needs broken... but I love Maclin. I think he epitomizes what Chip wants. Classy leader who is tough, agile and versatile. Let's not forget about those insane grabs he made............. He and Peters, along with Kelce, are the Offensive Leaders.. like Barwin, Ryans, and Jenkins on D. ................Why do we need 5 or 6 more older players on the team? It's a business, not a Pension Program.

>>Woody...."Big People Beat Up Little People" refers to the Front 7, Chip said. He attributes part of Sproles's success to the fact that you can't see him.. so his short stature is a plus. He said that he doesn't want small, try hard, overachieving "fastballs" at every position, because then you get run over.

This Roster shake-up is not a surprise. Look at his introductory press conference, and his statements during his first Draft. Coach Kelly ..... from the JUMP... declared war on the AR theory of roster-building. He's almost there... so come on Bird Fans... stay on OUR side!! Lurie didn't chase him around the Country so that he could simply coach AR's guys... he wanted a VISION.. a SYSTEM... a DYNASTY!!

#20,...Maclin was my boy,..in college. TBT,..I still like him,..but not in love. He's a quality #2,...not an Elite player. Moreover,...i would characterize him,..abit different than you,...albeit,..that's exactly how i evaluated him as a Tiger....as you do now. That said,...i'm fine w/o a great #1WR. Teams can win SBs,..w/o them,...and some have them,.and they don't win squat,.....Carry on,.guvna'.

Right on, GK. I could see us doing just fine with Huff and Matthews.. It's the TEs that will decide how the Passing Game develops, IMO. Along with a Run Game that rips people's FACES off!!

>>Stine: I'd be going Todd Gurley in Rd1. No doubts here. This team needs an Eddie George / Ricky Watters that can run through contact and execute in the offense --without going east / west every other play ( for naught).

Eddie George is Royalty here in Ohio, Woody! I will take every guy like him that you can find!!! ED-DIE, ED-DIE, ED-DIE!

It would have been interesting to see Belichick mumble through his reasoning on letting the clock run... had Lynch punched it in there. 26 seconds.. even with 2 timeouts... not likely.

Ed Dickson is out there. What about that MONSTA from Florida State? That is an Eagle, if ever I saw one.

Interesting that Rex, a defense guy lets Kiko go and Chip, an offense guy lets Shady go!! Maybe its more about the system than the player!? Seems to me both felt their traded out players were easily replaceable. Jury is out on all of this. Makes FA more interesting and possibly a tip as to what our draft map will be. What would be a very interesting situation is if the draft was held prior to FA. Welcome to the new world of "The System"

Or maybe it's about that Rex already has replacements that excelled last season and Chip is still asserting his power struggle to show that these previous Howie contracts will not be given a chance to succeed. Don't ? Chip. His way or the highway. His system trumps talent. He is smart the rest are dumb.

Eagles should go after Devin McCourty, Da ' Norris Searcy, or Kendrick Lewis. Then go after Byron Maxwell and Jason Worlids. One of those SS' s and Maxwell/Worlids would be sick. Then grab a CB in the first round and a RB/WR in the second and third round.