Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

McCourty,Maxwell,Worlids,Ingram in FA. Draft Harold,Byron Jones,Dorsett,Holliman,Havenstein,Bennet(Chips next QB) Malcolm Brown(RB) and Derrick Lott(DE)

At any rate,if we go for Mar(seems likely now) Make sure you sign these guys for 2-3 year because we wont have a 1,2 pick for that long lol

Nick!! I agree with all you said, until Kendrick Lewis. If there is a TD pass thrown.. you can bet that Lewis was around when it happened. LOL.

Lol big5dawk that's why I put him 3rd!! I'd much rather have one of the first 2! And GBFL I forgot about Ingram I would really like him as well, good call!

I'm a Searcy fan, for sure. I have to admit that I have never really watched Jason Worilds play. What about Brooks Reed?

Nick-yeah as you know Raheem is my boy(but seems out of favor now?? lol)

Jets are SMOKIN busy-looks like the dream team approach lol

Aint's maged to save Colston.Pierre Thomas is gone,so could see an Ingram restructure(which would kill me lol)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2339244-devin-mccourty-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-s?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=philadelphia-eagles

....:)

Ham, I still feel you holding onto the 2005-12 era... let it go man. These players needed to go. The contracts were perfect! You think DesEan and Shady would still be here is contracts were a little different? Say each had a 2 mil less cap hit? I doubt it. Remember the sequence of events. 2011 stupid approach, the result was the weak leadership in the locker room was not happy at Banner. So 2012 Howie takes over and pays all the tenured guys. Does it to keep them happy, but in a smart way to where each could be outta here soon enough. Knowing that AR was done here, it was smart. These guys are not Chip players. Chip doesn't seem fascinated by bronze medal type ceiling guys. Jason Peters received another deal, reason is Chip values him. The league will take notice of this ... not the other moves on guys who aren't at that level.

Smart business... you put in a long term contract with low caps hits early (especially with a rolling cap, if you understand that any cap space saved rolls forward to give you more room next year and so forth) At the same time you have it so that you can get out of it early if the player doesn't perform to that level. Give the player a chance to be great, or elite like Jason Peters. If the market turns out to where its not worth paying ...ie DeSean Jackson, then you can say ... "Bye Bye now...toodle loo"

No but if they save enough cap,they could go back for him lol

Nothing set in stone until Monday

Yeah, but according to spotrac, the Saints are $15.8 million over the cap, it's likely Ingram hits FA

Like those incentive contracts Joe lol(aka you play,we pay)

DC-yeah they have a wasy to go,thats a fact.Just sayin losing him is not a done deal quite yet.Think he WILL hit the market and they turn to the draft to replace him(due to cap)

*ways

Saints gotta do a cluster dump-and SOON

Maybe Brees restructures(22 mil I believe)

So we're foot dragging on the Mac re-sign-interesting

Wow a steal(for the Jets) in my view

Jets gearing up to take Mariota it appears(getting offensive weapons)

Well- I have to say I did peg the trade value of Marshall, said a 5th rounder would get him, and that some team might give as much as a 4th, but probably a 5th. Jets did need some receivers.

GBFL... I like when the player gets his money up front and has the security. I like when the team has the low cap hit. I like when the team can get out of the contract after 3 years. Ham seems sour that his boys left, thinking it was how the contracts were structured earlier. I don't see it that way. You have to realize that players can take low salaries the first few years after getting a big signing bonus, but eventually you need to pony up a big salary again. At that point, I want my team to have an out if they don't think its worth it. DeSean would have had a $12 mil cap hit .. seems like quite a few WRs will have that this year, the tag price is more than that. He doesn't seem to understand that the Eagles would have paid if they thought he was worth it. If Desean was Dez or D Thomas or another elite WR he would still be here. He liked the contract when he first signed because of that potential salary, he just didn;t earn elite $$, and it was proven wit hhis Washington contract.