Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

lmao how is sanchez as a back up a waste of money?? who would you like as a back up? bring in another outside person??? sanchez is a great back up option. how is gore at half of what they would of paid mccoy a waste of money??? paying mccoy would of been a waste of money. running backs can be replaced, which is why some of the better running teams have 2 backs splitting the load. gore and sproles will play one or 2 years here then another 2 back will be on deck. its comical how people think.

lmao how is sanchez as a back up a waste of money?? who would you like as a back up? bring in another outside person??? sanchez is a great back up option. how is gore at half of what they would of paid mccoy a waste of money??? paying mccoy would of been a waste of money. running backs can be replaced, which is why some of the better running teams have 2 backs. gore and sproles will play one or 2 years here then another 2 back will be on deck. its comical how people think.

especially at $5.5 million guaranteed, that's not bad for a back-up

@BG93 - I agree with you about Huff if he can hang on to the football. Of course everyone had that problem last year. I am not going to dispute Maclin's talent but if you compare Huff and Maclin as far as stature, weight and speed here is the comparison. Maclin - 6ft 198 pounds and runs the 40 yrd dash in 4.45 seconds. Huff is 5ft 11in, 206 pounds and runs the 40 yrd dash in 4.51 seconds. Neither receiver is a tall receiver like Kelly wants however I believe Huff will only get better.

Wrangler....I liek the tough run after the catch style of Huff needs to learn to secure the catch and ball while running but I truly believe he can become one of the better YAC WRs in the NFL

Sanchez can make up to 16m in the next two years, 12m in this year if he reached the incentives. That's not back up money. Back up money is the 2.5 he made last year. If people thought mccoy was in a decline after rushing for 6TD and 1300 yards they are going to love Gore, 4 touchdowns all year and a little over 1k yards. Such a vast improvement!!! This is idiotic.

I am torn with Sanchez he isn't a bad backup QB and he can win us a few games in a pinch but as we can see from last season any extended time starting and we see the flaws with him he has limits and it hurt out team.....

Like not being able to throw further than 20 yards? Interceptions every 30 passes? Bad pocket awareness? Yea Sanchez is Sanchez.

I knew Sanchez would be back as soon as the Bills traded for Cassel. That was his only option as far as starting. Didn't know that he would get 5.5 million though!

What are the incentives for Sanchez????? Probably has to have a certain amount of starts or playing time I would assume in which case he would probably have to start an extended amount of games. 5.5m for a good backup isn't bad at all

So, I'm trying to catch up on the action from this weekend so far. From what I have read we are going to be signing Frank Gore, Bryon Maxwell, resigning Maclin and Sanchez. McCourty is between us and NYG, and I read they said we have a back up plan in place, that makes me think we might not be getting him. Thorton was placed with 2nd round tender, and Polk no tender but offered. Also I read we are looking at GB Tramon Williams to pair with Maxwell. If this is all true then we just need a OLB, G, and to firm up the S McCourty hopefully or ? and get GB Williams or ? to pair with Maxwell, and we will pretty well set. I think that Gore still has some left in the tank, splitting reps between Gore, Sproles, and Polk should good. I have always loved watching Gore play, wish we would have had the version of him 4 years ago, but think that this trio will provide good production. The defensive backfield will be amazing (potentially) with Maxwell, Williams, Boykins, McCourty, & Jenkins (love how that looks on paper). Is their anything else that I have missed with possible moves?

I guess the way to reconcile this signing is to ask yourself, Which second string quarterback in the NFL is better than Sanchez and was that individual available to sign?

Sanchez can make up to 16m in the next two years, 12m in this year if he reached the incentives. That's not back up money. Back up money is the 2.5 he made last year. If people thought mccoy was in a decline after rushing for 6TD and 1300 yards they are going to love Gore, 4 touchdowns all year and a little over 1k yards. Such a vast improvement!!! This is idiotic.

He can make up to $16 million, but that's not likely, right now his money is $5.5 million that's what he's guaranteed.

They are saying Sanchez contract 2yr 9m with 5.5 guaranteed if he hits his incentives he could earn up to as much as 16m..... that really isn't a bad contract at all for a backup QB odds are he won't be able to get the incentives as long as our starter is healthy and the incentives gives him motivation just in case the starter were to get injured.

I have a feeling Gore will also be mentoring a youngster we take in the draft.

mccoy had 5 rushing tds, and gore will be paid half of what mccoy would of been paid, as well be splitting the time with sproles. SO MR SHOULDCAREMORE , you want to keep mccoy and pay him 12 million this year, to split time with sproles and be replaced in the redzone for polk, all for 5 tds?? see where it now makes sense to trade mccoy, free that money and get another back for half the price? if you do not see that, then yup..idiotic.

I don't care if Sanchez gets paid that much, our other QB is still in his rookie contract and according to the world we will have another rookie QB that will be on a rookie contractor for 4 years. Either way if you look at the money being spent at the QB position I still think you will find us near the bottom of the league.

unless Chip is high on Polk or Tucker, but I'm not seeing that. Ajayi would be the perfect RB to learn under the tut-ledge of Gore. Similar styles

Mccoy redid his deal and is only going to cost the Bills 8m they are saying Gore will cost what like 5m per year so really Mccoy only going to make like 3 m per year more then Gore....

as far as what sanchez will make at the end of this deal....HOW MANY PLAYERS PLAY OUT THEIR WHOLE DEAL BEFORE THEY GET RELEASED??? NOT MANY. thats why players want guaranteed money. HE will be released before then