Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

Butt Fumble sucks. Horrible call to bring him to in. Even worse to double down on him. If the team had s franchise guy like Rodgers then it wouldn't bother me as much. This team needs young unproven guys who actually have some potential. They wasted half a season already on him. Those snaps should have gone to Barkley so he could grow. Who's making these decisions after we saw the Sanchize flailing in this system even. He tries to turn it over with the worst plays 4 or 5 times a game. He's only successful when they drop those interceptions. 1-3 on free agency so far. Sanchez sucks. Jones sucks. Both vets with no upside left. Gore was one heck of a player. So the positive is Maxwell but we all know teams are just going to abuse the other side.

Not going to lie though I was kinda hoping to give Locker a chance on a cheap deal but Sanchez as a backup isn't bad think he can win a game or 2 in a pinch like a good backup should(He should not be counted on for extended period of time like last season even though he didn't do terrible)

All the hating over who our Backup QB is, let's hope Sanchez does not see the field his entire contract except for preseason, but is available and healthy if needed.

That is what I would hope for whoever our backup is.

I love how the 2 signing people are complaining about are BACKUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jones was brought in to compete for a BACKUP ROLE and help the ST's(which we know Kelly is big on). Sanchez a vet QB that has a year in the system is the BACKUP QB

I think that Cobb signing with GB helped the Maclin deal go through. Does anyone know the details that it's said to be for him? Last I heard was when we were stalled out us at 9mil/yr. and he was asking $11mil/year.

BG- Your making too much since there you know you can't do that here. You must through in some negativity about our practice squad players we may or may not sign to redeem yourself.

Complaining because the team needs starters. So I'd go with backups that could maybe become starters. Guys with potential. You know what Sanchez and Jones will develop into. Worse because they're played out vets with no potential.

As for Frank Gore and I have been saying it for a while now since Shady got traded....Seems as if Kelly wants a COMMITTEE approach at RB. At Oregon he never had a RB have more then 47% of the carries for the season. Gore at his age know he isn't going to run the ball 20-25 times anymore he might only get 10-15 while Sproles touches it 8-10 and Polk gets 5-10 something like that

OK ccl - who would you suggest as b/u QB? Sanchez best avail and been in the system.

Come on, MJK. You know that CCL doesn't have an actual thought on what would be a GOOD move. CCL and Snow can only criticize the moves of people who actually try things.. who aren't afraid to fail. I can't understand why anyone would devote so much time to something that apparently makes you so miserable.

We now have a 3-4 Defense with some really good LBs. This is starting to take shape, Eagles Fans!!!!!!!

@BG93 - isn't it a little funny that McCoy re did his deal for Buffalo but not for the Eagles?

Eagles have 3 ILBs that can start Jones was a backup signing that provides ST help.....QB slim pickings and seems like the Eagles don't have faith in Barkley or he would have seen the field by now plus having a VET QB that can win a few games in a pinch is normally what you want from a backup QB. I mean if a young QB like Barkley or someone else can't beat out Sanchez on a practice field then probably shouldn't have faith in them as a starter

Wish I could find the video where Shady said he wanted to keep the team together but didn't want to restructure. Guess he wanted someone else to keep the team together. LMAO

How do you beat anyone out if you don't get the opportunity?Barkley has worked with guys that didn't even make NFL squads. MV and Foles battled year one so Bark got no reps except thrown to fire when both were out without practice reps. Last year Sanchize only signed here with the guarantee he was the backup. You know he wouldn't have come otherwise. So Bark given no chance again. I don't know if Bark can do it or not. He was Chip's choice as the first pick of day three. See what he has. The team would have had the same record last year if Bark was the QB or Sanchez. The only game Sanch really delivered to argue about was the Thanksgiving game. So maybe Sanch gives one extra victory last year. Which was pointless. Thing is who knows what Bark does maybe...just maybe he does well. I feel very confident he improves at the least.

C-Ham- My guess is that once McCoy openly stated that he would restructure, but would not take a pay cut. The Eagles didn't bother to go down that road, because they knew it wasn't what they wanted. I thought that they would have redone his deal to save maybe upwards of $2mil this year by spreading it out over his contract more evenly, and giving more guaranteed money, but I guess the Eagles didn't want to pay him that much. But on the bright side at least we did get a potential stud young ILB out of it. It could have been worse like getting nothing for Jackson last year, thought we could have gotten at least a mid round there, but life goes on.

Looks like the Cardinals are hot and heavy on Stefen Wisniewski. Guess we can cross him off the list.

The Vikings have taken the lead away from the Chargers on Mike lupati.

Cunningham...what the hell is practice for????? We run fast enough at practice that our QBs all get reps if Barkley isn't doing stuff in practice to impress the coaching staff enough to give him a look over Sanchez then I don't have faith in him plain in simple.....I feel like if you can't beat Sanchez you shouldn't be our backup

I look at few years back to Foles rookie year Kafka was the lock to be the backup then Trent Edwards and Foles both impressed enough in practices to take the job and they were getting way less reps then what Barkley is getting here in Philly n doubt

As for Sanchez I think he did keep us in games last year, and won a few, but at the same time I do believe he cost us a few games too. But, if Sanchez does have to take the field this year, which I would prefer our backup never has to, but if he does he will be able to keep us in games, win games, and if he does make a bone headed play that could cost us the game like last year our revamped Defense should be able to bail us out if/when he does.

Has anyone heard anything about who we are targeting as our OLB and G?

I think 3 and outs won't be quite as frequent with Frank pounding away at a team, with some body blows. 2nd and 12-15 just doesn't work. No retreat in Frank's genetic make-up. 2nd and 8 maybe, but not behind the sticks. Stay on schedule, Offense!

C-Ham did you watch Kiko play in 2013? That kid could be a stud, I don't care where he went to school. He is a football player, and I can see why Chip or anyone would want him. Without looking at how we got him, I'm excited about what he can do.