Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

BG Sanchez was always a starter. He wasn't going to any team to earn it. He had a choice of several franchises. The guy wasn't going to one that didn't guarantee him the backup job. You know how this stuff works. C'mon man Barkley wasn't getting a shot.

PH! Trading for Kiko was my idea. I posted on here about a month ago that he should be the guy to go for. I'm sure many on here remember and can back me up. He has huge potential. No argument from me. I never dreamed of trading Shady for him though. I can't take credit on that side.

Barkley wasn't getting a shot because he isn't worth it.... Sure Eagles might have said we guarantee you a backup job but they aren't going to hurt the team by playing Sanchez if they felt Barkley gave us a better chance to win games FACT!!!!!!!! If Barkley(or any other young QB/rookie) can't clearly prove he is better Sanchez of all QBs then I don't feel like they should be our backup QB(or at the bery least show the potential they can be better the Sanchez)...I think we have ZERO faith in Barkley hence why he hasn't been given the chance at backup QB and why Sanchez was brought back

C-Ham- I misunderstood your post then, I thought you were against Kiko. Lets see if he can regain that 2013 form and ball in Philly.

Maybe Barkley does suck. Chip liked Sanchize enough to bring him in so Chip's track record for picking QBs looks poor. Kinne,Barkley,Sanchez and that old Oregon QB I can't even think of his name right now. So yes maybe Chip just can't evaluate talent at the position well.

BG- I had to look up that Ajayi kid's measurements. He looks really long and slim, saw he is listed at 6' 221lbs, and looks like he could add 15-20lbs on his frame. He looks more shifty with some power, and looking at his combine results the only thing you can say bad is his 40 time wasn't what you want from a HB. I think that if he can keep working on his strength and add 15-20 lbs of muscle he could be deadly. Not great speed, but thinking about him being 6' his quick shifty feet and if he could get to 240lbs he could be a beast.

I mean no prove on Barkley being Kelly pick Howie had the power.... Kinne was an UDFA camp body and Sanchez is still a good backup which was what he was brought in for....Dennis Dixon didn't even make the team was another camp body that knew the system

Maclin to the Chiefs! lol You screwed this one up Chip.. Kept the wrong WR Cooper n got rid of one that wanted to stay n play DJax.. Now Maclin showed he is all about the money n prefers Reids culture

They got Chip his guys from the start. I don't believe there was a Howie guy that Chip didn't want since he became HC.

Wood I can't argue with that at all. Musgrave sucked. Glad he's gone. They should have booted Shurmer for Lazor IMO.

if they got Chip his guys from the start what was the feud for in the GM office???? If Howie was CHip the players he wanted then doesn't seem like Kelly would care if he was still the GM.....I chalk everything up in 2013-14 as Howie guys since he had the power

Not saying Kelly didn't have some insight on what he wanted or was looking for in players but doesn't mean Kelly and Howie thought the same on players

Heard Torrey SMith was close to a deal with the 49ners

From DJax, Maclin, Shady to Cooper, Matthews n Gore.. How the heck did this happen in the space of 2 years?? haha Save money but look at the talent we are left with now!

Wonder if this affects the Mariota plans lol need a WR,CB,S,G,RB(2 guys over 30),OLB....Don't seem like much on the FA market at WR do we look for a possible trade option????

Torrey Smith's the only other WR worth looking at as of now, see what happens tomorrow and Mon.

He's already agreed to a deal, most think it's the 49ers