Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

>>>Freak? How many TDs did the Chief's score in 2014?

Eagles got my boys Huff and Burton.

Ok.....Just took two Advil and a "shot O Crown". I'm hoppin' on board this Crazy Train!!!! Who's wit me?!?!?

If nothing else its gonna be quite interesting. Sammie Coates, Chris Conley, Darren Waller????

Chip's trying to trade up for Mariota. These leaks that keep coming out about the team seem to all have merit. I believe he has a deal in place to trade with the Jets. Maybe higher. Seems like a solid rumor now.

Those are all kinda more then rumors just saying and I have heard rumors pretty much about every single FA hole the Eagles have we are they are bound to hit on some lol

They even have contract out for these players and even still anything could change in the next 2 days

Everyone knew we were cutting Cole(if we counld't get a deal worked out) and Cary Williams(been saying he was cut since before last season even started)

Well at least Howie can sit back and get the last laugh. After these last few days his future is showing it will outlast chips in the NFL.

Lots of WRs available in the Draft. Not the end of the world. 10 Million is a lot, if the # is accurate, for a WR not named Megatron. What if we find a guy like Martavis Bryant, like the Steelers did in the middle Rounds? We will have the weapons in place. You know Chip isn't gonna roll with no weapons. That's not logical, Mr. Nimoy.

So Kelly wants Mariota bad a guy that is a potential franchise QB which he still is yet to have on his team SHOCKER!!!!!!!! Regardless if Kelly coached Mariota or not he is in the discussion as a high top 5 pick for a reason plenty of coaches gamble on drafting QBs to try and land that franchise guy.....

I wouldn't argue any of that BG. In fact it seems very likely the logic going. I just pointed out that most offseasons rumors fly around. I don't believe most. This offseason all these rumors are coming up well founded and accurate. So I believe the rumors on Mariota. Especially the specific details of trading with the Jets.

@CCC - I believe Howie has been here a lot longer than Chip. He had his chance. Chip may fail but Howie has already failed.

I can't find any rumors on offensive guards we may be interested in. Guess everyone is on hold until tomorrow.

Going from Ried who had complete control to going to chip 2 years later who now has complete control really is Howies fought. He had 2 years, and one good draft and one draft that was completely crap because of chip wanting his dumpster duck players.

I think things went like this. Chip wanted to trade a third round pick to move up one spot for Dion. Howie denied that move. Chip wanted to take Hart in the third round. Howie denied that based on he would be available much...much later. Most everything else seems a combined effort.

@CCC - Joe Banner was responsible for the players that got us to the 2004 Super Bowl. He left and we haven't been back.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13

Follow

Eagles are clearly switching assets from offense to defense. Counting more on scheme to score points and talent to stop them.

I don't think Chip was in full charge of the draft last year and supposedly, according to Spuds,  Howie was responsible for MS2.  However in all fairness my jury is still out on MS2 and it appeared, IMO,  Howie did a pretty good job in 2012 draft.  Either way you slice it we still haven't won the big one, or anything for that matter.

Chip definitely has his system (philosophy) and he was brought here to institute it and believe he is the better judge and talent evaluator of the players to bring in here to make his system work successfully.  Yes, he has missed in spots but who hasn't, can't tell me Belicheat  or Pete has been perfect either. They've also been at it longer than Chip.

Chip's system has proven to be successful.  He inherited a 4-12 in 2012 and turned it into a 10-6 team with a playoff appearance and similar for 2014 with no playoff appearance but had an injury riddled OL and back up QB for most of the end of last year.  In both of these years he was mainly using AR/Howie guys.  Now its clearly Chip's game, it was shown he has the support of JL and its now time to step up and make the necessary moves to make his system work successfully.

The problem with chips offense is it becomes predictable. Seahawks knew what we were doing, Cowboys knew what we were doing, 49ers knew what we were doing... Imagine how predictable we will be with gore, mathews, Cooper, huff. Lol Im more scared of my shadow that those "weapon".

@Don - Guess its time to move onto Worilds and the safety from Denver. LOL

@DDD - It must be tough going through life being you!

@Don - Guess its time to move onto Worilds and the safety from Denver. LOL

@DDD - It must be tough going through life being you!

Raheem Moore and Ron Parker, those were the 2 names mentioned if the Eagles couldn't land McCourty