Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

Someone would take Joe Banner ... a guy proven not to win for how long? vs a guy who has been in the league 2 years and put up 10 wins both times? Really? Are we upset losing all these proven winners? For people complaining, I just don't get it. The old way was a proven failure, the future is a ?. Why would you wanna go back?

20-12 in 2 years with 4 wins coming from teams with a winning schedule isn't success in my book. The coach who won 10-6 two seasons is giving away everything this team has and recieving nothing back for it. At least when joe was here we were competing, not turning into the Browns.

I actually meant sherman was one dimensional. Playing against a rookie in the slot isn't exactly helping your argument. You don't need someone on Cooper for him to not catch the ball, he was a huge mistake to resign last year.

You said he had little experience moving around. I can quote you but your too dumb to remember

CCL... you love 3rd place? You ever go to a bar and run into Giants, Cowboys or Redskins fans? The word"s "at least" are words of a loser. That previous group brought us no ring therefore no other fan group shows respect. That mindset some Eagles fans like to pump themselves up about is hilarious. This team ultimately accomplished SQUAT ..and for you to say you would prefer that just shows your ultimate goal in life.. to be so so. The same "who did we beat" can be said of the previous regime. But they had 8 years after the "almost" of 2004. Chip won't be here for 8 years without a ring. Succeed or fail, at least you have that as an Eagle fan, knowing its win or bust.

CCL.. that 1.8 mil cap hit for Cooper was a HUGE mistake? Really 1.8 mil?

>>CCL: to be sure-- opinions are divided on Kelly and his Rx for the Eagles. If the result of these adjustments is a more effective and ferocious D: I am thrilled. If the result is an offense that shows more consistency and possession and continues to score points: I am thrilled.

If Kelly changed nothing and simply drafted BPA-- didn't we see that for 14 seasons with Big Red?

My expectations for 2015 are qualify for play off and win first round...

well with maclin leaving, i see mariota coming @ 200%. probability lol. the defense will be alot better which we knew after last season any way. im wondering who will chip target as another wide receiver?

Suds, Gore, Sproles, Polk ... you thinking they add a RB with an early pick to that group? If the draft pick comes in say round 4 ... I wouldn't consider that done because of this signing. I'm open to take whoever, but I'm not discounting Tucker or Barner to be added to this mix. Really to be worried about getting your 4th string RB in the draft seems silly. They will take a guy simply because they like him, not to fill the need of a 4th stringer.

Dub, props to you ... as I said afew days ago. We disagree sometimes, but at least when you complain about something, you offer a prediction for a solution and then stick by those predictions. Some on here have just complained and offered nothing, even when asked who would they sing in FA or draft. You stuck with Benjamin last year and with your Mariota prediction this year.

I think we could end up with a scat-back type like Abdullah or a grinder in Ajayi. I doubt we use our 1st round pick on one though. I just question whether Chip would have faith in Polk to carry the load if need be. Gore and Sproles are the perfect mentor types to a young stud

I need to see Tucker and Barner make the roster before I can add them into the mix

Suds.. but that's my question ... how many need to be in the mix? Only so many roster spots.

I would prefer Abdullah or Ajayi over Polk if I had my choice, I guess is what I'm saying

I was hoping we'd resign Maclin as well, but I'm interested to see where that money will go. Now is a better time then ever to offer up for Dez or Demerius lol. Doubt it though.

I think it would be funny if we sing Dwayne Bowe for cheap and he has a better season than Maclin. That would be hilarious.

you the man joe. i hear abdullah name alot with the eagles, but we know that means nothing. chip really is believes his scheme and execution will just prevail. "equal opportunity offense" as he says. i still think the offense needs a more talent, more mismatches. more threats. im a bit excited to see who will be the next receiver coming to us. IF RILEY COOPER STARTS STILL, I WILL PUNCH MY OWN FACE!!! HERE IT GOES: tampa trades with eagles. tampa drafts mariota then trades with eagles. tampa gets foles and a bunch of picks from eagles, and eagles get vincent jackson and mariota!!!!