Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

Dub, the Tampa trade is the only one that we can make before the draft to ensure Mariota. As for talent, I want to see the OL solidify more than getting another weapon at this point. I agree we need a better mismatch. Right now, the lineup of Sproles, Matthews and Ertz ...and pick the other 2 guys ... gives us our best matchup. I do feel the run game could be more part of the O again, more shorter gains. Also, the slot passing that the Patriots do is what I ultimately believe Chip wants. I can see the blueprint taking shape, not sure it will be completed this year though. Listening on the radio today, the guy that is about to write his second book on Chip Kelly, basically said it seems Chip is not looking at this year, but to start to build a team that will contend from like 2016 to 2020. Interesting remark from that guy. It was a great interview on 97.5 today

GBFL... Dub is in basketball draft mode, that where you pick the player first, and then make the trade .. .but you know what he meant, we would trade for Tampa's 1st pick and a WR.

WOW taking 2 players off them would require like 3 players and 3 firsts for 3 years lol,Not sure they would be thrilled with Foles

Then if they wanted Jameis,they would have to trade with Tenn.Thats alot of lifting in 15 minutes

I suppose it's possible as both deals would be set before the clock started lol

Just interesting that people think we are the only team that would move up/make an offer lol

Just interesting that people think we are the only team that would move up/make an offer lol

I dunno,it's mess

I thought we would keep what we had,fix the secondary and add youth-so I am lost here.We weren't that far away IMO

DUB!! I don't agree with you much, but you have been calling things for a while now. Plus, I like that you say you will punch your own face. I have done that, while watching Our Birds. Heat of battle, ya know.

CCL.. Really? Rahim Moore missed one play 2 years ago, and that tells you all you need to know? Great Football IQ on that one.

If you and Snow are so disgusted, perhaps you would be open to having me introduce you to some Browns fans around here. Then you can have company, as you wallow in negativity. Again... why do you subject yourself to something that disgusts you so much? If being a fan of ANY team doesn't give you at least some modicum of enjoyment... then why do it? Why poison our conversations with that? We all disagree from time to time.. but that stuff you spit is just venom.

Momah would be the icing on the cake for Woody ... that and a true FB...LOL GBFL ... I think a lot of fans think the same way as you .. "we aren't/weren't that far off" I believe we were/are ... was calling for Chip to press the reset button .. .it happened a little slower than I thought, but I can see where he needed a legit team on the field to truly judge what hand he was dealt. But we need some work to get where we want to go ... as Eagles fans its in our nature to be scared of the step backwards... but I think its necessary. I still think we will be good this year, but if done right, we should be better long term coming up. I wanted McCourty & Maxwell, but oh well. Still excited to see what happens this week... not worried about any of the losses, just who we get.

im happy where our defense is going. been wanting a strong defense for a long time. But im very concerned with our offense now. Losing shady i can accept because we brought in kiko who i think will light it up. But what good is that if i'm hearing we lose kendricks??? He better be staying! I actually like the Gore signing. Always liked him. A little concerned with his age but if he stays healthy and on the field, I think he will be a great contributor. Maxwell signing is just awesome! Losing Maclin really hurts. Really really bad... We need a playmaker at wide reciever now. Matthews is good but huff didnt do much. We need another weapon. Id like to see us get percy harvin or bring in someone from the draft

Lastly, i hate the sanchez signing. I'm just not a fan. Plus paying him before Foles makes me believe that this trade up for Mariota might actually happen. I don't know if mariota will be good in the nfl but the one thing i dont want is to get taken advantage of by losing all our picks.

Big chip only had to do a few things this free agency and everything would of been fine. Release cole, let graham go, let williams go, sign either a cb or safety, re-structure shady contract, sign Maclin long term. Doing all that was doable and he would have one of the best RB in the NFL,a borderline elite WR, and plenty of draft picks to solidify the defense in the draft.

Of course the college coach in chip decides to remove any talent our offense has just because he can beat the scrub teams to do what exactly? Sign a 32 year old RB? 4 touchdowns are two less than mccoy had, yet San fran was a running team majority. We threw the ball more than 600 times last year, looks like that number is going to go up with this running back commitee consisting of 2 32 year old backs that are way past their prime. Who is our number one WR? It sure isn't mathews or Cooper, huff lost us more games than he has had positive games. Cooper can only block.

As for defense, we still need a safety, still need a cb, still need an olb hell in my honest opinion still need another ilb. Kiko is one ACL injury from hitting an early retirment. 2 ACL injuries in a 3 year time span offers zero assurance at all he will make it, and goinf by his rookie year stats against dumpster teams and a good dline also offers me how emulated his stats are (half of his 150some tackles were assist because he needed help with taking down the ball carrier).

Also to add injury to insult,there are reports we are looking into a trade for Collin kappernick. Dude was a dud in San fran with throwing the ball sure lets grab him he can throw interceptions with Sanchez since this teams lacks any true WR. It has gotten to the point if rather not see us even talk to anyone else this free agency it's getting to depressing.

So Chip Kelly's arrogance will win us a Super Bowl with a bunch of no named players just so he can prove a point. Went from Jackson Maclin McCoy to Cooper Matthews Gore...because that's an upgrade.....any system is beatable Chip, especially if you don't have good players in it. The first year he was here, just needed to create a good D and keep everything else pretty much the same. Bet our offence bombs this year, D-coordinators will have seen it for the third year and how other team managed to shut it down, which won't be hard without pro bowl calibre players, free agents won't want to come here because they'll have to drink the juice and join the cult of Kelly or be out of a job a season later. Can't believe that we all have to sit here powerlessly and watch our team get blown up so that when he gets let go for a 3-13 season we will have nothing to build around and have to start all over again from the ground up and be like the Raiders or Browns for the next 7-8 years.....should rename him Chop Kelly for all the cutting he's doing.....

So much negativity hahaha! We haven't even seen the finished product and when it works all those complaining will say they believed the whole time it's pathetic. I think Kaepernick could do quite well here if he gets a bit more accurate!

Nick - I would take Kaep as well! I think he would be perfect here. He does need some improvement, yes, but his skill sets are a match. Gives us the room to work the draft as well. Lets all wait and see this finished product. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

bryzer I completely agree with you, I would like to see him be more of a leader and stop worrying about his own image as much thats a big downside to him. As far as confidence goes, I believe the system in place here in Philly could use his full potential so that may help boost some morale. C5Alumni, I agree bro!

New QB rumors spreading eagles have interest in Kaep who is apparently on the block lol

Could a Foles late pick for Kaep swap be in the works

Jayson Braddock %u200F@JaysonBraddockThe Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Truth would involve positive and negative ideas. Truth is a balance....... I will still invite you to my house for the Super Bowl Party, though, as long as you remain an Eagles fan. You can help us celebrate Our Birds, and the addition they will make to the Trophy Case in the Nova Care Complex..........................

No matter what, I will always COUNT ON the Eagles winning the Super Bowl. I have seen Trent Dilfer do it. I have seen Rex Grossman get there, and I have seen overwhelming favorites implode. We always have a chance........ Embrace the possibilities, Home Skillet!!!!!!!

I think that giving Sanchez all of that money means that Coach kelly will draft Hundley in the 2nd Round, or move up to get him as the 2nd of 2 First Rounders. I look for us to be extremely active in Rounds 1 and 2... then sit tight until Round 7.. and in the UDFA Market............. I hope "Schefty" Corleone is getting some rest. He has been burning the candle at both ends, in order to keep us on the Information Super Highway. LOL

>>joemas:

Hitting the RESET BUTTON

Got it.

You noted that Chip has signed a North South running back.

East West McCoy and West East Brown were shipped to Buffalo.

Seriously, Chip will "discover" a fullback whether he signs one to ST or finds a OL Tweener.

Agreement here. Team needed more than a piece or two. Defense got exposed in 2014. Offense could not hold its own against elite D. 9-7. 10-6 forever. Going nowhere.

im happy where our defense is going. been wanting a strong defense for a long time. But im very concerned with our offense now. Losing shady i can accept because we brought in kiko who i think will light it up. But what good is that if i'm hearing we lose kendricks??? He better be staying! I actually like the Gore signing. Always liked him. A little concerned with his age but if he stays healthy and on the field, I think he will be a great contributor. Maxwell signing is just awesome! Losing Maclin really hurts. Really really bad... We need a playmaker at wide reciever now. Matthews is good but huff didnt do much. We need another weapon. Id like to see us get percy harvin or bring in someone from the draft

i Believe Chip feels he can easily replace Maclin with the draft. It is loaded with WR's. Sanchez signing was just security in case MM falls to 6 as I feel Foles will probably be trade bait for that pick should it come to fruition. I do not see us signing any WR out there. I would like to see us go after the safety from Cleveland though Tashaun Gipson. I think he could be had at a good price and would fill in nicely...

#20 Hittn' Da Ground Runnin'!!!! Chuckin' in some Skillet Ta Boot!!!! Nice....... Time for the grind.

>>>Bryzer: Kaepernick has NFL skillset. Just like Jay Cutler. Some players don't have the brain set ---

Just saying.

BLeeder,...anything is possible,..except when it's not! Snow queen,....there's only one jerk around these parts,..check out the mirror,.guvna'....and what do you see?..hahaha

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!