Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

Stine... It's likely that the Browns will attach a 2nd Rd. tender to Gipson. It still is possible that Ed figures out a way, though....... Gilchrist and Shareece Wright remain unsigned out West in SD. I dig 'em both!

Schefter also says the Eagles were hoping to land Kareem Jackson as their CB2 alongside.....If we were willing to start Jackson opposite of Maxwell who is 5'10 and fairly short armed why don't we just give Bodkin a chance????

I love the negativity, don't worship arrogance? arrogance to who the couch coach. One man's arrogance is another man's confidence. It doesn't matter, cuz there will be haters in everything in life. It's why every person who does anything successful is first to thank all the guys that doubted them over the years and, ultimately, gave them that extra motivation to achieve something in life.

We still have NC2. Perhaps we can keep him outside, now that we have some ILBs who aren't such liabilities in most long-yardage packages.

Gore is the new Chris Polk, who got the lowest available tender offer. Kelly is so arrogant, he thinks he can replace the featured RB and WR in the draft, 'cause Sproles is now unhappy. But he also knows he's a defensive idiot, so he will look to buy defense in FA. He's the Billy Beane of football - just the metrics, please. The key to his decision to REALLY go after Mariota was Mariota's combine 40-time was better than Winston's. I can see him going after Kaepernick in a trade and selling the farm to get Mariota to "school." Kelly actually thinks he's being "scientific." Oakland tried this approach with speed as the metric. Didn't work there, either. You only do this when you have no sense of players' intangibles. That's the key difference between a Kelly and a Belichick. Kelly actually is the new Andy Reid. Reid tried to import the successful 80s West Coast offense - close but no cigar. Kelly is trying the updated read-option or whatever you want to call it. The result will be the same. The NFL - NOT FOR LOSERS.

Didn't anyone start a survey yet on whether they would rather have Kaepernick or Mariota? LOL

I'm a fan of RG3. I think he got ruined in Washington. If Kap can get back to what worked a few years ago, well then............... Repetitive Accuracy is the key, remember. Can he get more accurate? This Offense, along with these TEs, should raise a QB's accuracy,one would think... or LING.............. I'm still not as ready as some to move on from Foles just yet, but Chip has his own blueprint. He has succeeded everywhere.. and everywhere he's had folks telling him he's crazy. Get 'em Coach!!

@sdsu06: "cuz there will be haters in everything in life." Oh, I get it now - you're Taylor Swift!

Still waiting on YOUR thoughtful suggestions for this Team, going forward. Do you have any ideas at all? Or are we just too stupid to comprehend them?

Gore is the new Chris Polk, who got the lowest available tender offer. Kelly is so arrogant, he thinks he can replace the featured RB and WR in the draft, 'cause Sproles is now unhappy. But he also knows he's a defensive idiot, so he will look to buy defense in FA. He's the Billy Beane of football - just the metrics, please. The key to his decision to REALLY go after Mariota was Mariota's combine 40-time was better than Winston's. I can see him going after Kaepernick in a trade and selling the farm to get Mariota to "school." Kelly actually thinks he's being "scientific." Oakland tried this approach with speed as the metric. Didn't work there, either. You only do this when you have no sense of players' intangibles. That's the key difference between a Kelly and a Belichick. Kelly actually is the new Andy Reid. Reid tried to import the successful 80s West Coast offense - close but no cigar. Kelly is trying the updated read-option or whatever you want to call it. The result will be the same. The NFL - NOT FOR LOSERS.

Yep, kind of what they do in NE..... who was their featured RB again?

SURIANI!!!!!!!! Where in the ham salad are you, man?!!? I wanna hear your take on all of this.

C5.. It's time to get it crackin up in this piece!

@big5bdawk: "Still waiting on YOUR thoughtful suggestions for this Team, going forward." OK, again. QB Pocket passers with a brain - and something else that can't be measured - win in the NFL. Period. Everything else is done in the draft. Brady, round 6; Rodgers, drops to #24 to Smith. Want to measure something? Measure how pissed off a guy is at being disrespected. Draft THAT guy. At any position.

@big5bdawk - I guess I could handle having Kaepernick if I knew he would spend more time in the film room. He has the skill set but is a little lacking in recognizing defenses. His legs have gotten him out of trouble up until now.

Did we get rid of our Pocket Passer yet? The one who was passed over until the 3rd Round? Foles is still here..Sanch and Barkley have "something to prove".. None of that has changed, yet your anger continues to rage............... Group Hug, perhaps?

Guess I will have to check back later. I have to leave to see the Phillies game in Sarasota. Good luck fans.

Just missed it, GK.

@Rustler Jeans... I like your thinking. Maybe this Offense would suit him better. Lots of defined reads.. pre-snap.

I'm trying to sit back and let the plan unfold before passing judgement. It's getting difficult with signings like Cooper,Sanchez and ancient RBs. Rebuilding is one thing and that's tough to swallow. But this is a rebuild with guys that you don't rebuild with. Should a rebuilding team really focus on vets for ST? Last leg RBs? A QB that's shown his ceiling as poor backup?

@BleedingGreen93: "Kelly has no sense of players' intangibles I mean Kelly would have a better feeling for Mariota intangibles then anyone in the NFL he coached the kid....." MY FEELING EXACTLY. KELLY IS GOING TO HIS SAFE ZONE CAUSE HE REALLY HASN'T A CLUE. IMPORTS A FAILED COLLEGE OFFENSE. HAS TO BUY DEFENSE. HE AIN'T NO BELICHICK. I'M NOT EVEN SURE HE'S AN ANDY REID; WHO, BY THE WAY, SCORED GETTING MACLIN. KID GOES HOME TO A PLACE WHERE HE'S WANTED. REMEMBER, HE BET ON HIMSELF AND WON THE BET. HIS REWARD? EAGLES SCREW HIM, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. FOLLOW THE (JEFF LURIE) MONEY.

New QB rumors spreading eagles have interest in Kaep who is apparently on the block lol

Could a Foles late pick for Kaep swap be in the works

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

That other team is rumored to be the Bears, they may be looking to move Cutler, if they can trade Cutler, it'll save them $12.5 million, good luck trading that contract. If they decide to cut Cutler, they're looking at anywhere from a $19 million cap hit (pre June 1st) to a $16.5 million cap hit (post June 1st)

@big5bdawk: "Did we get rid of our Pocket Passer yet? The one who was passed over until the 3rd Round? Foles is still here..Sanch and Barkley have "something to prove".. None of that has changed, yet your anger continues to rage............... Group Hug, perhaps?" I AGREE ABOUT FOLES AND BARKLEY, PERHAPS EVEN SANCHEZ. FOLES PLAYED BEHIND A SHI*TY OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. KEEPER. BUT CAN YOU KEEP ALL THESE GUYS TOGETHER IF YOU PURSUE KAEPERNICK AND MARIOTA? NOT SO MUCH. WHO WOULD GO? YOU TELL ME.

Sometime last night there was a report that 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick was on the trade block. The 49ers quickly refuted the report, but since I am getting a number of questions about it here is how a trade would work from a financial perspective.

Any trade involving Kaepernick would result in a $9,863,013 charge against the 49ers salary cap. Kaepernick’s current cap figure of $15,265,753 would vanish and the 49ers would realize a cap savings of $5,402,740.  The 49ers would carry no charges for Kaepernick in 2016 if traded.

The team acquiring Kaepernick would need to have the space available to take on a salary cap charge of $12,800,000. Over the next three seasons his future cap charges would be $14,300,000, $16,900,000, and $17,400,000. Most of those salaries are guaranteed for injury and become fully guaranteed if he is on the roster on April 1 of each year, which is very late, so a team trading for him would have ample time to determine if they wanted to release him in the future.

In general those terms are very cheap for a starting QB. The team acquiring him would look at the contract likely as either a two year deal for $13.55 million a season or four year deal for $15.35 million, with the option to reduce if things go badly. That should make him very attractive and likely drive the price to a first round pick plus more. A few years ago the 49ers received two second round picks for Alex Smith and I believe the market would be stronger for Kaepernick who has far more tools to work with than Smith.

I had made a comment before all of this started that Kaepernick would be a good target for the Eagles down the line if things went poorly in San Francisco this season. I would imagine they would be a team interested now, but in many cases these rumors get started because a team like Philadelphia will pick up the phone and say “any interest in moving player X” and when the reply isn’t an immediate hang up rumors can get started.

http://overthecap.com/kaepernick-trade-block/

Currently, according to over the cap, the 49ers have $10.8 million in cap space 

Spotrac has them with slightly more, at $11.3 million in cap space.  This has since changed, my guess, because Willis is retiring. it's now $21.9 million.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

So, by trading Kaepernick, they'd take a $9.8 million cap hit.

49ers are saying no way he is on the block. Also..chip isnt about paying guys on offense. Well at least that kind of money. Better to get mariota, save that money.