Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Strong Sell In Free Agency

wish list from here

draft BPA @ 20

torrey smith

antonio cromarte /chris culliver

danorris sercey

flier on hakeem nicks

keep foles does nothing but win

If a trade went through for Kaep odds are he would redo his contract....Also they say Kelly values 2 positions on O the most OL and QB so don't think he would be to concerned about a high contract on a QB if he felt like he was a franchise guy

How do the Eagles screw Maclin he had our price in mind around 9m a year which is good money for a WR and right were Maclin is worth he wanted more money which he got from the Chiefs who they are saying is offering him upward around 11m per season. Eagles attempted to get Maclin back and offered him a deal they thought was fair he wanted more

Maclin used us and Cobb getting signed to raise his own value to collect more money I don't blame Maclin on this it was a smart move in this business but Eagles didn't want to overpay him either. We have a young up and coming WR in Matthews who has more potential then Maclin and a fraction of the price another good draft class coming up at the WR position and we could still a land a solid vet in FA or trade

If a trade went through for Kaep odds are he would redo his contract....Also they say Kelly values 2 positions on O the most OL and QB so don't think he would be to concerned about a high contract on a QB if he felt like he was a franchise guy

The only upside trading for Kaepernick is, they wont spend all the draft picks moving up for Mariota. 

How do the Eagles screw Maclin he had our price in mind around 9m a year which is good money for a WR and right were Maclin is worth he wanted more money which he got from the Chiefs who they are saying is offering him upward around 11m per season. Eagles attempted to get Maclin back and offered him a deal they thought was fair he wanted more

Maclin used us and Cobb getting signed to raise his own value to collect more money I don't blame Maclin on this it was a smart move in this business but Eagles didn't want to overpay him either. We have a young up and coming WR in Matthews who has more potential then Maclin and a fraction of the price another good draft class coming up at the WR position and we could still a land a solid vet in FA or trade

They were still involved in trying to get Maclin last night, agreed, they weren't going to pay him more than Cobb got, it just didn't work out.

The Maclin situation predictably didn't work out. they shipped DJax out because that's the only way Mac would sign that one year show me contract. Then as the go to guy he put up numbers in a hurry up O that generates stats compared to the rest of the league. What a surprise. The Eags drove Mac's price up. He used Chip. Played him like a fiddle.

I missed this earlier, some of you guys mentioned him

The NFL is unhappy that teams have released contract terms so early.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin · 37m37 minutes ago Source: The NFL sent a letter to all 32 teams stating their displeasure w/ the release of contract terms prior to the start of free agency.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin · 35m35 minutes ago That same source says the letter indicates the league will conduct an investigation. Will examine if teams did in fact agree to terms early.

@stine: "Yep, kind of what they do in NE..... who was their featured RB again?" GEE, WHO IS THAT QUARTERBACK? I GUESS YOU READ MY POST - DID YOU CONPREHEND IT?

Snow, you just keep with these negative posts? Makes me question if you are even a Eagles fan.... We need to see who Chip drafts before posting all of this negative crap. The deal for Sanchez tells us he is gonna be here to help groom a QB. Not sure if you "CONPREHEND" that... LOL

What is it with all these negative posts???? Give Chip a chance before stepping all over his moves. At least he is trying to do something! If you aren't on board, fine. But to pick at every move is just not fair. Let him have his say and see what happens....

I just read the Eagles are looking at safety Marcus Gilchrist from SD. I don't know much about him, does anyone have any insight on this kid?

Argh...McPhee could have been huge for a fair price. Good value signing for the Bears. Are they running a 3-4 this year?

Ham yeah, they hired Vic Fangio as their DC and according to CSN Chicago, he's hinted that the Bears are going in that direction.

Shaggy N' Demeco goin' to Frisco.............Stirrin' Da Pot and Pessin' Da Buttonz.......Good Times, Good Times.

snow and CCl have been crying for years, can't make miserable people happy. I'm just glad I don't have to be their nurse lol

@BleedingGreen93: "How do the Eagles screw Maclin he had our price in mind around 9m a year which is good money for a WR and right were Maclin is worth...." 1) ACTUALLY, YOU'RE WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY YOU; 2) HE SIGNED FOR 10 MILLION PER BECAUSE 3) A. HE SAW WHAT WAS HAPPENING AROUND HIM; B) HE WAS DISRESPECTED AFTER BETTING ON HIMSELF AND WINNING; C) HE GOES HOME, BOTH TO MISSOURI AND REID; D) HE WAS HALF AS PRODUCTIVE UNDER SANCHEZ THAN FOLES; E) IF HE SCORES ONE TD, HE IS MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN THE CHIEFS WERE ALL LAST YEAR AT WR AND WILL BE RESPECTED...SHALL I GO ON? BTW, I CALLED THIS DAYS AGO. EAGLES ARE BUILDING A "YES MAN" CULTURE, BOTH ON THE ROSTER AND THE FAN BASE. YOU MAY ALSO REMEMBER DAWKINS LEFT BECAUSE OF A $1 MILLION DIFFERENCE, LESS MONEY - BOTH ACTUALLY AND PROPORTIONATELY - THAN TODAY. AFTER WAITING 55 YEARS, FANS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE ASKED TO WAIT HOWEVER MANY YEARS LONGER FOR ANOTHER REBUILDING PROJECT.

I love Foles, I do want him to be given a proper year with good WRs to see if he can replicate two years ago. However if Kelly is planning on trading up for Mariota because he has this obsession with all his former players, then it's going to kill our next 3 drafts at the very least. I would much rather we trade for RGIII who seems to just need a new surrounding to give it another go.