Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefiend14

Getting my own eagles nest in my new home

So buying my first house and my wife agreed to convert the loft to my eagles nest. Need some cool pics of the Linc or cool eagles pictures or ideas to get it going since I live in Chicago. Anyone who can help email at wakefiend14@gmail.com. thanks!

I've always thought it would be cool to paint the walls Eagles green and get a professional painter to paint the Eagles logo on the wall also.  That might be a lot of money, but at least get some framed pictures and posters to hang up.  Maybe if you have tables and shelves, get a replica helmet and bobble heads to decorate these areas.  I've always wanted to do one of these types of lounges that you are doing, so have fun and post pictures.  Good Luck!

VANBUREN1-obit-articleLarge.jpg

Steve Van Buren in the 1948 Championship game against Chicago

You'd have to be 75 to even have a chance at remembering that Game. Assuming you even had a way to watch it in 1948.

HORRIBLE suggestion.

You'd have to be 75 to even have a chance at remembering that Game. Assuming you even had a way to watch it in 1948.

HORRIBLE suggestion.

No it isn't, it's not about anyone here watching and or remembering the games, he asked for cool pictures and I posted 7 of what I thought were great pictures of Eagles legends. Instead of criticizing, maybe you could actually contribute some.

You say "You'd have to be 75 to even have a chance at remembering that Game." Yet the first picture I posted was of Bednarik laying out Gifford in 1960. Assuming one was 10-15 years old when that happened, they'd be 65-70 now. How many EMB members even saw that game? 

No it isn't, it's not about anyone here watching and or remembering the games, he asked for cool pictures and I posted 7 of what I thought were great pictures of Eagles legends. Instead of criticizing, maybe you could actually contribute some.

You say "You'd have to be 75 to even have a chance at remembering that Game." Yet the first picture I posted was of Bednarik laying out Gifford in 1960. Assuming one was 10-15 years old when that happened, they'd be 65-70 now. How many EMB members even saw that game?

Almost no 65-70 year old people use the Internet, let alone message boards! Which makes that one likely unmatched by posters and a horrible idea as well.

Recognizing championships/titles/team historic moments BEFORE you were alive is the equivalent of moving to Dallas or San Francisco or Boston or Pittsburgh and claiming all of THEIR past titles because you're now a resident of any one of those cities :roll:

Almost no 65-70 year old people use the Internet, let alone message boards! Which makes that one likely unmatched by posters and a horrible idea as well.

Recognizing championships/titles/team historic moments BEFORE you were alive is the equivalent of moving to Dallas or San Francisco or Boston or Pittsburgh and claiming all of THEIR past titles because you're now a resident of any one of those cities :roll:

Agent23 : WU POSTER OF THE YEAR?  2010 Members 26,446 posts Location:Hartford, CT Team:Eagles

Wow.  :fishing: or troll?

Excellent choices Don. 

(Agent23 must be mad they don't go well with his McCoy and Desean Photos). 

Saying "rep the 1960 eagles" would be like saying "hang up a 1947 or 1956 Warriors championship banner" or "hang up a 1962 wilt chamberlain 100 point game photo!"

Just saw this thread so sorry for the late response..

My 97yr old grandfather does. The internet that is..  For some of us we got to hear the stories of those years ( he was born and has lived his whole life in S. Philly ) from our parents/grandparents growing up and i imagine some would love to have some pics etc from those days. It is a part of the story of OUR team and good or bad the past is a vital part of it. Bandwagon fans are a whole different breed and thus who you are going on about. I don't think he is a bandwagon fan.

Just saw this thread so sorry for the late response..

My 97yr old grandfather does. The internet that is..  For some of us we got to hear the stories of those years ( he was born and has lived his whole life in S. Philly ) from our parents/grandparents growing up and i imagine some would love to have some pics etc from those days. It is a part of the story of OUR team and good or bad the past is a vital part of it. Bandwagon fans are a whole different breed and thus who you are going on about. I don't think he is a bandwagon fan.

What does your grandfather have to do with you? Both of my grandfathers were in the military along with my father. That doesn't make me a veteran or allow me to receive any praise or recognition for their service and sacrifices made for my Country. I'm grateful and respectful for their service, but you don't see me going around hanging up military "memorabilia" or anything.

Now, hanging up photos of relatives in their military uniforms, or if a deceased grandfather (thankfully I still have both) were awarded a medal or had rifle they used or something that I was able to hang up or display in their honor it would be one thing. But hanging up something before my time that I have no direct connection to is bandwagonish IMO.

What does your grandfather have to do with you? Both of my grandfathers were in the military along with my father. That doesn't make me a veteran or allow me to receive any praise or recognition for their service and sacrifices made for my Country. I'm grateful and respectful for their service, but you don't see me going around hanging up military "memorabilia" or anything.

Now, hanging up photos of relatives in their military uniforms, or if a deceased grandfather (thankfully I still have both) were awarded a medal or had rifle they used or something that I was able to hang up or display in their honor it would be one thing. But hanging up something before my time that I have no direct connection to is bandwagonish IMO.

OK and that's you, but don't sit up here and tell people they're wrong, or call someone a bandwagon fan, just because you disagree with them. By your logic, why aren't you petitioning the NFL to close the Pro Football Hall of Fame? I mean after all, most of those players/coaches milestones and achievements happened before a lot of us were even born, those NFL fans that celebrate/acknowledge those milestones and achievements according to you, are bandwagon fans.

Take your soapbox and preach somewhere else. You don't have to bother responding to this, because I wont see it. This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Agent23View it anyway?

LOL Agent has got to be trolling. A pretty good trolling attempt if that's the case

Also, the last championship was during a season that had like what, a dozen teams?!? If you can't win titles during an era where the talent is broken up between 12 teams, you should be kicked out of the league.

Also, the last championship was during a season that had like what, a dozen teams?!? If you can't win titles during an era where the talent is broken up between 12 teams, you should be kicked out of the league.

:lol: