Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

SeaHawks offer Wilson $21 Million a year...He Says Nope

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25250273/report-seahawks-offered-russell-wilson-nearly-21-million-a-year

This cannot be true can it? The article says that he wants to be the highest paid player in all the land. By what i get out of this is he either wants more money or more Guaranteed money. Like 80%. If any of this is true, this guy is crazy. As i have said many times over any it appears others agree, wilson is nothing more than a game manager. He isn't a guy Like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and very few others that can take the entire weight of his team on his back. So far he has had the luxury of having the leagues best defense 3 straight years. What part of this does he or his agent not get? Paying him that much will almost guarantee that the Hawks will not be able to sustain such a defense thus turning the game and the franchise over to a game managing QB. He wants that kind of long term money than maybe he should turn to baseball. This is a rd round pick that was given a gift by being selected by the seahawks.......Heres what could of happened to wilson

7     253     IND     Chandler Harnish                                                                 
7     243     GNB     B.J. Coleman                                                                 
6     185     ARI     Ryan Lindley     
4     102     WAS     Kirk Cousins     
3     88     PHI     Nick Foles     

3     75     SEA     Russell Wilson     
2     57     DEN     Brock Osweiler     
1     22     CLE     Brandon Weeden

1     2     WAS     Robert Griffin     
1     1     IND     Andrew Luck

He could of went to any team after the 1st 2 picks and wound up with the team with the best defense in the league. I'm sure some Eagles fans would of loved to have him here. But would he be as good here with 1 of the worst defenses over the past 3 years?

LMAO dude is a clown thinking he is even a top 15 QB in the league he doesn't desvere to be paid like 1.

1.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) Tom Brady

3.) Peyton Manning

4.) Drew Brees

5.) Ben Rothelisburger

6.) Tony Romo

7.) Andrew Luck

8.) Matthew Stafford

9.) Phillip Rivers

10.) Cam Newton

11.) Eli Manning

12.) Joe Flacco

13.) Matt Ryan

14.) Teddy Bridgewater

15.) Ryan Tannehill

16.) Russell Wilson

The Seahawks should just let him play out his contract and move on. He benefits from a great defense. He is a good QB, but not worth what he is asking for. He pretends to be a good guy, but his ego is getting way too big.

LMAO dude is a clown thinking he is even a top 15 QB in the league he doesn't desvere to be paid like 1.

1.) Aaron Rodgers

I would take him over everybody on that list except Rodgers and Luck. Everybody else is not as good or mostly too old.

He MIGHT be trying to find a way out. When players turn down that much money it usually means that they are either delusional or not very happy. He doesn't get me as a delusional kind of guy. IF this true BTW.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25250273/report-seahawks-offered-russell-wilson-nearly-21-million-a-year

This cannot be true can it? The article says that he wants to be the highest paid player in all the land. By what i get out of this is he either wants more money or more Guaranteed money. Like 80%. If any of this is true, this guy is crazy. As i have said many times over any it appears others agree, wilson is nothing more than a game manager. He isn't a guy Like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and very few others that can take the entire weight of his team on his back. So far he has had the luxury of having the leagues best defense 3 straight years. What part of this does he or his agent not get? Paying him that much will almost guarantee that the Hawks will not be able to sustain such a defense thus turning the game and the franchise over to a game managing QB. He wants that kind of long term money than maybe he should turn to baseball. This is a rd round pick that was given a gift by being selected by the seahawks.......Heres what could of happened to wilson

7     253     IND     Chandler Harnish                                                                 

7     243     GNB     B.J. Coleman                                                                 

6     185     ARI     Ryan Lindley     

4     102     WAS     Kirk Cousins     

3     88     PHI     Nick Foles     

3     75     SEA     Russell Wilson     

2     57     DEN     Brock Osweiler     

1     22     CLE     Brandon Weeden     

1     2     WAS     Robert Griffin     

1     1     IND     Andrew Luck

He could of went to any team after the 1st 2 picks and wound up with the team with the best defense in the league. I'm sure some Eagles fans would of loved to have him here. But would he be as good here with 1 of the worst defenses over the past 3 years?

Wilson plays offense not defense. I think he would be even better un a Chip Kelly  offense. 

Seahawks tag Russel Wilson and then trades him to Cleveland for two first round picks next off season... Book it!!!

Cleveland is no longer that stupid they have had 2 1st rounds in the last 2 drafts.. they aren't trading 1st rounders for a who wanted more than 21 mil a year. hell i will be suprised to see anyone give him anywhere near that type of money that dude is delusional

Cleveland is no longer that stupid they have had 2 1st rounds in the last 2 drafts.. they aren't trading 1st rounders for a who wanted more than 21 mil a year. hell i will be suprised to see anyone give him anywhere near that type of money that dude is delusional

Cleveland was willing to give a first for Sam Bradford so you better believe Cleveland will give two for Wilson.

Cleveland was willing to give a first for Sam Bradford so you better believe Cleveland will give two for Wilson.

Big Difference Bradford isn't asking 25 Mil a year than kind money cripples teams... 100% Postive they wouldn't

Big Difference Bradford isn't asking 25 Mil a year than kind money cripples teams... 100% Postive they wouldn't

He won't get 25!  Seattle is offering close to 21 and Cleveland will offer 23.  Big Ben makes 21 and Rodgers 22 so one more million won't necessarily cripple them.

He won't get 25! Seattle is offering close to 21 and Cleveland will offer 23. Big Ben makes 21 and Rodgers 22 so one more million won't necessarily cripple them.

Ya and Big Ben and Rodgers is worth that Wilson isn't no where near worth that... If I was Seattle I would say 15 Mil a year or we will find a team who wants you.. And Wilson want to be the highest paid player ever., and he is denying 21 mil dude is a joke

Also Big Ben is Miles a Better than Wilson will ever be

Ya and Big Ben and Rodgers is worth that Wilson isn't no where near worth that... If I was Seattle I would say 15 Mil a year or we will find a team who wants you.. And Wilson want to be the highest paid player ever., and he is denying 21 mil dude is a joke

Also Big Ben is Miles a Better than Wilson will ever be

Oh i agree with you but players are overpaid in this league all the time and Wilson will be no exception.  Cleveland will be desperate after Manziel stinks it up and Seattle will take advantage.

Oh i agree with you but players are overpaid in this league all the time and Wilson will be no exception. Cleveland will be desperate after Manziel stinks it up and Seattle will take advantage.

Seattles GM and Pete Carroll needs to ask themselves what's more important to the team a great defense or Mediocre Qb..

Cause they can't afford to pay Wilson and pay Wagner,Irvin,Bennett,Okung,Wright

Cause Lynch,Graham,Avril, Sherman, Thomas and Killa Kam make way to much and to add Wilson to the mike will cripple that team they will lose there assets on there defense

The people so willing to let Wilson go are forgetting that Lynch is 29 years old, his days of carrying the offense are numbered. Wilson's running ability is too big an asset to the Seahawks.

The people so willing to let Wilson go are forgetting that Lynch is 29 years old, his days of carrying the offense are numbered. Wilson's running ability is too big an asset to the Seahawks.

You make a great point but what do you do when a QB price themselves off your team?

Not as big has there defense and Seattle can replace lynch soon enough Zeke Elliot from Ohio state. QB's like wilson are easy to replace

I get that it's a dog eat dog out there in the NFL, to the extent that no one is going to fight for your contract harder than you, but this takes that principle to cartoonish levels. How is he going to ask to be the league's highest paid QB when he's not even in the top 25 in passing yards?

I get that it's a dog eat dog out there in the NFL, to the extent that no one is going to fight for your contract harder than you, but this takes that principle to cartoonish levels. How is he going to ask to be the league's highest paid QB when he's not even in the top 25 in passing yards?

Apperntley he is a stand up comdien

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  8h8 hours ago Hold up with @Seahawks contract with Wilson is signing bonus/guaranteed $$. Offered less than Newton, Flacco & Ryan http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503737/article/rapoport-russell-wilson-hasnt-turned-down-a-deal-outright …

So while they're offering him $21 million, the guaranteed money is less than what Newton, Flacco and Ryan are getting, that's where the hold up is.

He would have unquestionably been great in this offense with Chip Kelly.  

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 8h8 hours ago

Hold up with @Seahawks contract with Wilson is signing bonus/guaranteed $$. Offered less than Newton, Flacco & Ryan http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503737/article/rapoport-russell-wilson-hasnt-turned-down-a-deal-outright …

Newton,Flacco and Ryan are better qbs than him he doesn't desvere that much money

Newton,Flacco and Ryan are better qbs than him he doesn't desvere that much money

I'll take Wilson over all three of those guys but that's just me.

It's not for any of us to say what he deserves or doesn't for that matter, if the Seahawks feel he's worth that, they'll pay him. While Wilson benefits from that defense, I wouldn't necessarily say Flacco, Newton and Ryan are better.