On 11/1/2016 at 0:39 AM, Redden said:

Park in Franklin Delano Park across Broad Street or the Navy Yard.  Both places are free.

FDR Park isn't free for Eagles games or any event(s) expected to draw over 50K fans to the stadium complex.  The "regular" rate is charged at FDR Park for Eagles games.

I agree that FDR Park is the place to park for daytime Phillies games, if you don't mind walking.

I also agree with others that public transit is the way to go if available.  When I attend Eagles games in south Philadelphia (or for that matter when I attend Eagles games in DC, Baltimore, and north Jersey), I usually take Amtrak between DC and Philadelphia and local public transit at both ends of the trip (or the entire trip for games at FedEx Field).

On 8/19/2015 at 1:41 PM, dax said:

They have you by the short hairs if you want to hook up and tailgate with friends.  To put it in perspective, it cost $30 for a ticket to the game during the last season at the Vet.

I remember paying $25 for some good seats on the 45 yard line.

I like parking at the Holiday Inn but think last year it might have been close to $50? Best place to park and we always have good tailgates there. Leaving is easier than a lot of lots.

Is it worth the expense anymore to go vs. watching at home? The in person game day experience is great, but how much does it cost the average attendee, overall, each game?

These days me and some friends do tailgating in our yards 16 games a year. Day games we sit inside to watch the game, night games, 1 of my friends has a 100 inch projection screen. Weather never matters, parking is free, food is damn cheap. 1/2 keg of Host choice. Kids enjoy running a round, the mrs, misses, and mistresses all get to gossip, all the while we IDIOTS, get drunk and have a great time. All this for about 20-30 apiece.  

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is it worth the expense anymore to go vs. watching at home? The in person game day experience is great, but how much does it cost the average attendee, overall, each game?

There is nothing like being there. Cost? Last time I went, it was $50 to park (split 4 ways) plus tailgate, but you'd be eating food and drinking anyway. $100 so far, then tickets, which were $135 each, so minimum is close to $200 if you add in a couple of beers in the stadium. Depends on tickets. I really wanted to go to the Eagles vs Steelers and bought better tickets than normal because it was what I could get.

1 hour ago, EagleBeakin said:

There is nothing like being there. Cost? Last time I went, it was $50 to park (split 4 ways) plus tailgate, but you'd be eating food and drinking anyway. $100 so far, then tickets, which were $135 each, so minimum is close to $200 if you add in a couple of beers in the stadium. Depends on tickets. I really wanted to go to the Eagles vs Steelers and bought better tickets than normal because it was what I could get.

So, for someone who is paying for himself/herself and a significant other, $400 per game, give or take. Do that for every home game (minus pre-season), that's $3200. Is it really worth 'being there' for $3200?

52 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, for someone who is paying for himself/herself and a significant other, $400 per game, give or take. Do that for every home game (minus pre-season), that's $3200. Is it really worth 'being there' for $3200?

I wouldn't know since I go to one game a year, if I am lucky. It is expensive but there is no substitute. If I didn't have friends with season tickets I can pay face value for from time to time, I would hardly ever go.

19 minutes ago, EagleBeakin said:

I wouldn't know since I go to one game a year, if I am lucky. It is expensive but there is no substitute. If I didn't have friends with season tickets I can pay face value for from time to time, I would hardly ever go.

For just a 1 time per year, that's a lot better than someone doing it 8 times, so that would be a lot easier to 'stomach'.

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For just a 1 time per year, that's a lot better than someone doing it 8 times, so that would be a lot easier to 'stomach'.

The prices still kill me. They charge $60 or something for standing room! Unbelievable. It hurts when it is a bad game.

I took my nephew to the SEA vs KC game in KC last preseason, parking was 50 bucks cash only. I thought it was a bit steep, considering it was a PRESEASON game, but well apparently its not as bad as i though lol. still high, but im sure some of the stadiums in the NFL charge more than that to park for 3 freaking hours! IMO if you are going to charge 50 plus dollars for parking, they should be liable for damages to your vehicle, after the game was over, we went back to our car and the windshield looked like someone landed on it (broken) and the hood looked like someone attempted to body slide across it, and was caved in right in the middle. that game for "parking" alone cost me $550.00! (50 parking, 500 deductable!)