Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

Romo fractured left clavicle/re-fractured vs Car - Out for season

You mean 2-5... the Cowboys are 2-5...

Say it again... the Cowboys are 2-5.

I'm referring to your 'deflated' remark jackarse :lol:

I'm referring to your 'deflated' remark jackarse :lol:

Yeah, the Cowboys fans are feeling deflated because they're 2-5, after starting 2-0. What did you think I was referring to? :huh:

Tony Romo is by far Dallas' best and most important player, it turns out. By really really far.

Always has been, which is why it's funny that people have always pretended he was the one holding them back....even the times he has screwed up and that failed to go further..they were only in that spot because he practically carries the team.

Always has been, which is why it's funny that people have always pretended he was the one holding them back....even the times he has screwed up and that failed to go further..they were only in that spot because he practically carries the team.

I don't know the answer to this, and don't want to take the time to research it, but what's his record vs. .500+ teams? As an add-on, how does he do vs. .500+ teams?

I don't know the answer to this, and don't want to take the time to research it, but what's his record vs. .500+ teams? As an add-on, how does he do vs. .500+ teams?

well I'm sure every qb has better records vs bad teams than good....here is an article from 2012....can't really find anything more recent

vs teams with

12+ wins.... 64%, 15td/7int, 97.8 rating

9-11 wins...63.7%, 40td,/21int..95.7 ratin

8 wins or less..66.6%, 45td/17int..100 rating

so not a huge drop off depending on the opponent

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/6/19/3096499/tony-romo-versus-quality-opponents-what-the-numbers-tell-us

ish, found another random stat "Romo is the only quarterback ever to beat two undefeated teams (7-0 or better). Both teams (2006 Colts and 2009 Saints) won the Super Bowl.

well I'm sure every qb has better records vs bad teams than good....here is an article from 2012....can't really find anything more recent

vs teams with

12+ wins.... 64%, 15td/7int, 97.8 rating

9-11 wins...63.7%, 40td,/21int..95.7 ratin

8 wins or less..66.6%, 45td/17int..100 rating

so not a huge drop off depending on the opponent

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/6/19/3096499/tony-romo-versus-quality-opponents-what-the-numbers-tell-us

ish, found another random stat "Romo is the only quarterback ever to beat two undefeated teams (7-0 or better). Both teams (2006 Colts and 2009 Saints) won the Super Bowl.

If I ever feel like doing it, I might research it. The reason I might do it, is because I'm curious to see if they're counting the current record of the team at the time of the win or loss or the record of the teams after the season is over.

For instance, in the beginning 5 or 6 months of the season, he could beat a team that is 4-0 or 5-0 but that 4-0 or 5-0 team finished the season 4-12 or 5-11. It kind of pads the stat because they beat a +.500 team at the time that they beat them but they weren't a good team that year (the team that they beat). If that explanation makes sense.

Not that the stat matters all that much, I'm just curious.

If I ever feel like doing it, I might research it. The reason I might do it, is because I'm curious to see if they're counting the current record of the team at the time of the win or loss or the record of the teams after the season is over.

For instance, in the beginning 5 or 6 months of the season, he could beat a team that is 4-0 or 5-0 but that 4-0 or 5-0 team finished the season 4-12 or 5-11. It kind of pads the stat because they beat a +.500 team at the time that they beat them but they weren't a good team that year (the team that they beat). If that explanation makes sense.

Not that the stat matters all that much, I'm just curious.

yeah...I have been digging, can't find anything really...did find this in an article about Russell Wilson

Dating back to Wilson's first season in the NFL three years ago, and including playoff games, these are some of the records that notable QBs hold when playing on the road against teams that finished with winning records:

Philip Rivers: 6-5

Ben Roethlisberger: 5-4

Russell Wilson: 6-7

Peyton Manning: 6-7

Colin Kaepernick: 6-7

Tony Romo: 5-8

Tom Brady: 3-7

Andrew Luck: 4-12

Aaron Rodgers: 2-11

Eli Manning: 2-11

Drew Brees: 2-10

Ryan Tannehill: 2-10

Matt Ryan: 1-8

Matthew Stafford: 0-11

that article was actually from the 2013 season....Romo was 5-2 vs teams with a winning record last year (2014) and 2-1 on the road vs winning teams

Which QB goes bye-bye when Romo comes back?

Idk...it should be Cassell....the coaching staff doesn't want to admit it made a mistake by going to Casselll

Idk...it should be Cassell....the coaching staff doesn't want to admit it made a mistake by going to Casselll

Is it the coaching staff that made the mistake or the GM? How 'independent' is the coaching staff?

I was actually thinking that it might be Weeeeeden that leaves.

What were the trade details again? I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Is it the coaching staff that made the mistake or the GM? How 'independent' is the coaching staff?

I was actually thinking that it might be Weeeeeden that leaves.

I think it's Weeden, it should be Cassell though really who cares....they both suck.

Just looking at the schedule, if he's only out 8 weeks:

Falcons LOST

Saints LOST

Patriots LOST

-Bye-

Giants LOST

Seahawks LOST

Eagles LOST

Buccaneers

Romo projected to be back

Dolphins

Panthers

Redskins

Packers

Jets

Bills

Redskins

With a biased eye and a hopeful heart, I could see the Cowboys losing 6 of the next 7...

Holy crap they actually have a fighting chance in 5 of those first 7 game games...they're actually not in horrible shape :o lol take that list off...

3 down, 4 to go. 0-3 so far.

4 down, 3 to go. 0-4 so far. Do I still need to take that list off? :huh:
5 down, 2 to go. 0-5 so far. The list told me that it's feeling vindicated.
6 down, 1 to go. 0-6 so far. Prediction 100% accurate. List fully vindicated.

I think it's Weeden, it should be Cassell though really who cares....they both suck.

Why is Jerry insisting on playing Cassell?

Cassell:

0-3 55/90 61.1% 623 YDS 4 TDs 4 INTs 78.1 Passer Rating

Weeeeeden:

0-3 71/98 72.4% 739 YDS 2 TDs 2 INTs 92.2 Passer Rating

Why is Jerry insisting on playing Cassell?

Cassell:

0-3 55/90 61.1% 623 YDS 4 TDs 4 INTs 78.1 Passer Rating

Weeeeeden:

0-3 71/98 72.4% 739 YDS 2 TDs 2 INTs 92.2 Passer Rating

From what I understand they made the switch because players had lost confidence in Weeden and they just could not leave him in.

And in defense of Cassell, he'd been there for all

Of a week and a half before getting pressed into action in that NY game...I mean I still hear people in philly saying Sam is getting used to the playbook and that is after a full offseason and 8 weeks of games....try a week and a half.

From what I understand they made the switch because players had lost confidence in Weeden and they just could not leave him in.

And in defense of Cassell, he'd been there for all

Of a week and a half before getting pressed into action in that NY game...I mean I still hear people in philly saying Sam is getting used to the playbook and that is after a full offseason and 8 weeks of games....try a week and a half.

You look at Weeden's numbers though and he's an improvement over Cassell... stat wise.

Weeden isn't the 'answer' but I actually thought he was playing well enough to keep the job. 3 games, 72% and a 92 passer rating.

The things that you say about Cassell having only been there for a week, though, makes it even more odd that they went to him with Weeden not playing 'badly'.

Making the switch because of the players would be like a parent saying "my kids don't like veggies, so I give them cupcakes instead". It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

You look at Weeden's numbers though and he's an improvement over Cassell... stat wise.

Weeden isn't the 'answer' but I actually thought he was playing well enough to keep the job. 3 games, 72% and a 92 passer rating.

The things that you say about Cassell having only been there for a week, though, makes it even more odd that they went to him with Weeden not playing 'badly'.

Making the switch because of the players would be like a parent saying "my kids don't like veggies, so I give them cupcakes instead". It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Even more so than Romo being out the biggest problem in Dallas has been lack of turnovers on D..I mean your qb goes out, you want the defense and special teams to step up, and that hasn't happened, so basically you are asking backups to play like Romo for you to win.

Had the Dallas defense just caused a turnover or two they'd have beaten Atlanta and the Saints with Weeden in there.

I see your point, but if your team has lost confidence in a guy you can't leave him in there...same situation as when a team quits on a coach...you just can't keep the coach.

Cassell is better than Weeden though, it's just taken Cassell time to get accustomed to the offense, his game last night was far superior to anything Weeden ever did. Cassell was hitting 2nd and 3rd reads....Weeden will never do that.

here is the deal with Weeden, great arm and is even accurate...you watch him throw in 7 on 7 and you'd think he was the starter, not Romo, put him in a real game and all he does is look at the first read, then dump it off to a back...that's why his completion % is so high and his qb rating inflated....

cole Beasley is never the first read, so he completely dissapeared until Cassell got in and got a hang of the playbook.

had Weeden played Dallas would have lost by 3td's last night.

Even more so than Romo being out the biggest problem in Dallas has been lack of turnovers on D..I mean your qb goes out, you want the defense and special teams to step up, and that hasn't happened, so basically you are asking backups to play like Romo for you to win.

Had the Dallas defense just caused a turnover or two they'd have beaten Atlanta and the Saints with Weeden in there.

I see your point, but if your team has lost confidence in a guy you can't leave him in there...same situation as when a team quits on a coach...you just can't keep the coach.

Cassell is better than Weeden though, it's just taken Cassell time to get accustomed to the offense, his game last night was far superior to anything Weeden ever did. Cassell was hitting 2nd and 3rd reads....Weeden will never do that.

here is the deal with Weeden, great arm and is even accurate...you watch him throw in 7 on 7 and you'd think he was the starter, not Romo, put him in a real game and all he does is look at the first read, then dump it off to a back...that's why his completion % is so high and his qb rating inflated....

cole Beasley is never the first read, so he completely dissapeared until Cassell got in and got a hang of the playbook.

So, if they've lost in Cassell today, he's out and Jerry signs Tebow? Chemistry is important, but someone has to be the grownup and make the decisions. You can't just let the 'kids' say they don't like veggies and go with that. Especially after only 3 games. There wasn't enough time to lose faith in the guy.

had Weeden played Dallas would have lost by 3td's last night.

Why do you think I wanted Weeden playing last night?? :ph34r:

So, if they've lost in Cassell today, he's out and Jerry signs Tebow? Chemistry is important, but someone has to be the grownup and make the decisions. You can't just let the 'kids' say they don't like veggies and go with that. Especially after only 3 games. There wasn't enough time to lose faith in the guy.

Why do you think I wanted Weeden playing last night?? :ph34r:

Well if they lost faith in Cassell there is nothing Dallas could really do..but I don't think it's that crazy at all..Cassell has gotten better each start, Weeden was regressing. I think it wa the not just the players, but the coaching staff as well...I mean during the NE game he would not throw down the field at all, I think the players and coaching staff knew them that they could not win with him.

where I blame the Dallas coaching staff is not ditching Weeden in the offseason and getting a better backup. I thin if Dallas had Cassell from the start they'd probably have a couple more wins right now.

if Chip felt like the team had lost faith in Sam, he'd pull him, and like I said, it's the right move because Cassell is better than Weeden.

if Chip felt like the team had lost faith in Sam, he'd pull him, and like I said, it's the right move because Cassell is better than Weeden.

I don't know about that. I don't want to call Chip arrogant, but I think he's the kind of coach that knows what he wants and he's not one that would bow to player pressure.

Owner pressure might be different, but I think he's demonstrated that he won't go along with bowing to the players.

I don't know about that. I don't want to call Chip arrogant, but I think he's the kind of coach that knows what he wants and he's not one that would bow to player pressure.

Owner pressure might be different, but I think he's demonstrated that he won't go along with bowing to the players.

No, Chip is arrogant...I don't consider it bowing to player pressure though...if players just ****ed about a guy I'd ignore it if I were a coach, but if I myself sensed the team has lost faith, I'd make a change. I also think they just looked at the film, in the games he played against bad secondaries like Atlanta and New Orleans he would not throw the ball down the field, everything was a dump off to the back, inflating his numbers...

Just looking at the schedule, if he's only out 8 weeks:

Falcons LOST

Saints LOST

Patriots LOST

-Bye-

Giants LOST

Seahawks LOST

Eagles LOST

Buccaneers LOST

Romo projected to be back

Dolphins

Panthers

Redskins

Packers

Jets

Bills

Redskins

With a biased eye and a hopeful heart, I could see the Cowboys losing 6 of the next 7...

Holy crap they actually have a fighting chance in 5 of those first 7 game games...they're actually not in horrible shape :o lol take that list off...

3 down, 4 to go. 0-3 so far.

4 down, 3 to go. 0-4 so far. Do I still need to take that list off? :huh:
5 down, 2 to go. 0-5 so far. The list told me that it's feeling vindicated.
6 down, 1 to go. 0-6 so far. Prediction 100% accurate. List fully vindicated
7 down, 0 to go. 0-7 to complete the list.