Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris8052

Headed to FedEx Field this weekend

Headed to FedEx Field for the first time ever this weekend any advice on time to leave from Delaware and the traffic conditions around the stadium?

Once you google how long it takes, add an hour.  Getting into Fedex field is crazy because there is really only one way to get in there.

I am going to the game myself.

I would give myself about 2 hours from my house in Maryland, and I live about an hour from Delaware.

The only time I went to FedEx field, I ended up parking in a strip mall across the Beltway from the stadium. It was about a mile walk from there.

Well, if it was me, I'd stay home. But since you're not going to do that, I'll pretend that if it was me, how I'd do it.

I'd stay as far away from the stadium (with my car) as I could. Since I grew up in Maryland, I'd probably drive to College Park (near the University of Maryland) and get a motel room for Saturday night. There's one right near the end of Calvert road. From there, on Sunday Morning, I'd drive the short distance from the motel to the College Park Metro station and use Metro to get to the stadium (both the subway and then the bus).

Of course you could pick a closer Metro station to the stadium, but I'm sure that the closer you get, the more crowded their parking lot will be.

That's what I'd do, and while I'm sure that won't be the option that you pick, I'll still provide this Trip Planner link for the Metro in case you do opt for something like that.

http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/tripplanner/tripplanner.cfm

I probably wouldn't wear any Eagles gear though.