Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

How far does the Panthers go?

How far does the Panthers go  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 13-0 Panthers. How far will the go.

• Superbowl?
    • NFCCG?
    • Win 1 Play-off game?
    • Enjoy the 1st round bye then get knocked out?

Panthers are the # 14 ranked offense Tied for #1 in points scored with 31 ppg, # 3 overall defense and are 13-0 with 3 games remaining( giants, falcons and buccs). They could very well go 16-0, something only 1 other team has ever done. Question is, are they as good as their record?

They have played just 2 teams that have a winning record and looking at the remaining schedule thats all they will play this season.....Beating the seahawks and packers.

This is the kind of team us Eagles fans only wish for...I don't mean a team full of superstars either. I mean a steady core of players that have been together for more than 2 years. In a division that has been crap the past few years...Atl started out like a superbowl team, TB is building, and the saints are just getting old at the main positions.

Rivera has been on the hotseat for years and we all know isn't a very good coach. Newton is a solid QB but nothing special. All the cards are falling in place for this team to get lucky enough to win a GD Superbowl. Come on. there are only 5 teams in the NFC with a winning record. 5! only 6 in the AFC. When have we the fans ever seen such a screwed up season in this league? There could be 2 divisions in this league that the champion of their division will have a sub .500 record. Has that ever happened before?

The panthers have been the most healthiest team this season. They lost Benjamin in pre-season, so even though he is their #1 WR, they started the season without him so no adjustment was needed.

My prediction is: The Panthers are a very lucky team. A season full of major players on many teams, a poor division, poor conference, poor league has set the panthers up to complete a 16-0 season, 1st round bye, and depending what happens over WC weekend. I think the Panthers win 1 play-off game depending on their foe. Seattle who is playing better, and arizona that is all around better than carolina and in a much better division will eventually take out and end of all carolinas dreams after a perfect 16-0 record. This team has had everything go their way yet no-one is doing much talking about them. Theres nothing exciting about the carolina panthers. As you can tell, i'm not much of a fan. Superman will get his kryptonite come the play-offs when he finally plays a good team.  Patriots vs the Cardinals where i think the crybaby will beat the cheater and put and end to the patriots dynasty once and for all. ( 1 can hope right?)

Dont be so sure. The NFC overall has a ton of suckage in it. They could very well make it all the way to the SB, but whether or not they win it depends on who the opponent is.

I typically never root for a team to get their first ring. Yes, I'm petty like that. So if the NFCCG comes down to Arizona and Carolina, I have no idea who I'd root for.

I typically never root for a team to get their first ring. Yes, I'm petty like that. So if the NFCCG comes down to Arizona and Carolina, I have no idea who I'd root for.

I do admit this Carolina team is pretty fun. They dominate in all phases, unlike offensive juggernauts.

I say NFCCG. I think they're a great team and not easy to beat, but I think they'll trip at some point. That being said, they once went 0-16, so if they go 16-0 good for them.

Arizona and Seattle are still above them IMO. That said,16-0 is very much in sight. Not a single difficult game left on their schedule. Crazy.

I say NFCCG. I think they're a great team and not easy to beat, but I think they'll trip at some point. That being said, they once went 0-16, so if they go 16-0 good for them.

your thinking of the wrong blue cat team

your thinking of the wrong blue cat team

no, I was thinking of 2001, but I just checked and they went 1-15, not 0-16. My bad.

The way the Panthers dominated the Falcons on Sunday, I think they finish the job the Pats failed to in 2007-'08.

Let's look at current standings. 

NFC 

Panthers #1 seed

Cardinals #2 seed 

Packers #3 seed

Eagles #4 seed

Vikings, and Seahawks Wild Cards

AFC

Patriots #1 seed. I wonder which way they cheat this year

Broncos #2 seed

Steelers now wind up #3 seed due to Dalton being injured yesterday.

Colts #4 seed

Bengals and Chiefs wind up Wild Cards

As far as Carolina going 19-0. 

They winning their last 3 is possible

Anyone remember the last time they played the New Jersey Football Giants? They shut them out. Sorry New Jersey you ain't good enough to stop this train

They beat Atlanta again. But not nearly as badly

Tampa Bay in Carolina. Not happening. Panthers do finish 16-0

Vikings at Eagles

Seahawks at Packers

Vikings survive vs a hungry Eagles team

Packers beat Seahawks in a close one

Arizona gets Minnesota

Carolina gets Packers

Arizona puts Minnesota away

Carolina beats Green Bay

Arizona vs Carolina This one is way too close to call. Unless Carson Palmer gets hurt before this game. Palmer gets hurt Cardinals are basically done.

Arizona will knock them out I think..

I think this is HIGHLY probable.  I really think the NFC is really between those two teams. 

Arizona and Seattle are still above them IMO. That said,16-0 is very much in sight. Not a single difficult game left on their schedule. Crazy.

You are giving the Seahawks credit based on the team they used to be.  They aren't that team anymore.  They may have a lot of the same players but their run is over.

I think this is HIGHLY probable. I really think the NFC is really between those two teams.

You are giving the Seahawks credit based on the team they used to be. They aren't that team anymore. They may have a lot of the same players but their run is over.

I'm giving them credit based on recent history...recent as in the past three games. Their defense is rounding into form, their QB is playing well and they have playoff experience.

Panthers are the # 14 ranked offense Tied for #1 in points scored with 31 ppg, # 3 overall defense and are 13-0 with 3 games remaining( giants, falcons and buccs). They could very well go 16-0, something only 1 other team has ever done. Question is, are they as good as their record?

They have played just 2 teams that have a winning record and looking at the remaining schedule thats all they will play this season.....Beating the seahawks and packers.

This is the kind of team us Eagles fans only wish for...I don't mean a team full of superstars either. I mean a steady core of players that have been together for more than 2 years. In a division that has been crap the past few years...Atl started out like a superbowl team, TB is building, and the saints are just getting old at the main positions.

Rivera has been on the hotseat for years and we all know isn't a very good coach. Newton is a solid QB but nothing special. All the cards are falling in place for this team to get lucky enough to win a GD Superbowl. Come on. there are only 5 teams in the NFC with a winning record. 5! only 6 in the AFC. When have we the fans ever seen such a screwed up season in this league? There could be 2 divisions in this league that the champion of their division will have a sub .500 record. Has that ever happened before?

The panthers have been the most healthiest team this season. They lost Benjamin in pre-season, so even though he is their #1 WR, they started the season without him so no adjustment was needed.

My prediction is: The Panthers are a very lucky team. A season full of major players on many teams, a poor division, poor conference, poor league has set the panthers up to complete a 16-0 season, 1st round bye, and depending what happens over WC weekend. I think the Panthers win 1 play-off game depending on their foe. Seattle who is playing better, and arizona that is all around better than carolina and in a much better division will eventually take out and end of all carolinas dreams after a perfect 16-0 record. This team has had everything go their way yet no-one is doing much talking about them. Theres nothing exciting about the carolina panthers. As you can tell, i'm not much of a fan. Superman will get his kryptonite come the play-offs when he finally plays a good team.  Patriots vs the Cardinals where i think the crybaby will beat the cheater and put and end to the patriots dynasty once and for all. ( 1 can hope right?)

Where do I start, first of all there isn't any more luck about the Panthers winning season than any other team that's won this many games before. The Panthers have won 17 out of the last 18 games they've played going back to last season so let's kill that narrative.

Secondly there's no way Carolina has been the healthiest team this year, starting in the pre-season we lose our #1 receiver Benjamin for the year and we also lose receiver Stephen Hill as well. Luke Kuechly gets knocked out of the 1st regular season game with an concussion and misses the next 3 weeks, Starting DT Star Lotulelei sits out the first 2 weeks with an injury. Our best pass rusher DE Charles Johnson gets short termed IR after week 3, we also lose another DT to the point that we have to make a trade with the Bears for Jared Allen because we were so thin across the defensive-line. Since then we've also lost starting cornerback Peanut Tillman and his replacement Bene Benwikere just broke his leg Sunday against the Falcons.

Also Rivera has not been on the hot-seat for years, only time his job was questioned to be in jeopardy was the start of the 2013 season when the Panthers started 1-3 and eventually turned it around and finished the season 12-4.

False narratives have been written about this team all season, fact is Panthers are the #1 scoring offense in the league that bad for a team with no weapons. Cam has been more than special, he's been the league's MVP. 13-0 and no signs of slowing down, it's tough for any team to get to the Superbowl but if you think it's going to be easy for any team to come into Charlotte in playoffs against this well balanced, hungry team. You obviously haven't been paying attention. 

Seattle are doing the whole 'get hot at the right time' thing...they are to be feared as they also have the experience.

Where do I start, first of all there isn't any more luck about the Panthers winning season than any other team that's won this many games before. The Panthers have won 17 out of the last 18 games they've played going back to last season so let's kill that narrative.

Secondly there's no way Carolina has been the healthiest team this year, starting in the pre-season we lose our #1 receiver Benjamin for the year and we also lose receiver Stephen Hill as well. Luke Kuechly gets knocked out of the 1st regular season game with an concussion and misses the next 3 weeks, Starting DT Star Lotulelei sits out the first 2 weeks with an injury. Our best pass rusher DE Charles Johnson gets short termed IR after week 3, we also lose another DT to the point that we have to make a trade with the Bears for Jared Allen because we were so thin across the defensive-line. Since then we've also lost starting cornerback Peanut Tillman and his replacement Bene Benwikere just broke his leg Sunday against the Falcons.

Also Rivera has not been on the hot-seat for years, only time his job was questioned to be in jeopardy was the start of the 2013 season when the Panthers started 1-3 and eventually turned it around and finished the season 12-4.

False narratives have been written about this team all season, fact is Panthers are the #1 scoring offense in the league that bad for a team with no weapons. Cam has been more than special, he's been the league's MVP. 13-0 and no signs of slowing down, it's tough for any team to get to the Superbowl but if you think it's going to be easy for any team to come into Charlotte in playoffs against this well balanced, hungry team. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Agree on all accounts minus coming to big bad Charlotte.

Your fan base is a joke and there's a reason they've called B of A Stadium the "Library" for years.

Can't wait til the Kitty Kats lose so all the corporate wannabes can take out their Duke/UNC gear and put away their freshly purchased Kitty gear.

(Panther growl)

Agree on all accounts minus coming to big bad Charlotte.

Your fan base is a joke and there's a reason they've called B of A Stadium the "Library" for years.

Can't wait til the Kitty Kats lose so all the corporate wannabes can take out their Duke/UNC gear and put away their freshly purchased Kitty gear.

(Panther growl)

Lol they're entire franchise is like 20 years old...can't blame them for not having a die-hard fan base yet.

Lol they're entire franchise is like 20 years old...can't blame them for not having a die-hard fan base yet.

21 years old (entered the NFL in 1995, played their first year at Clemson's stadium before going to Charlotte).

People forgot the Panthers were 7-9 in year 1 and with a little better play early on could have been the only expansion team ever to make the playoffs in their first year of existence.

Year 2 they were 12-4 and because it was only year 2, their first meeting ever with the Cowboys was a postseason meeting (their first regular season meeting was the following year).