Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

How far does the Panthers go?

How far does the Panthers go  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 13-0 Panthers. How far will the go.

• Superbowl?
    • NFCCG?
    • Win 1 Play-off game?
    • Enjoy the 1st round bye then get knocked out?

21 years old (entered the NFL in 1995, played their first year at Clemson's stadium before going to Charlotte).

People forgot the Panthers were 7-9 in year 1 and with a little better play early on could have been the only expansion team ever to make the playoffs in their first year of existence.

Year 2 they were 12-4 and because it was only year 2, their first meeting ever with the Cowboys was a postseason meeting (their first regular season meeting was the following year).

Coughlin...

He was their HC

Coughlin coached Jax, not Carolina.

I'm drawing a blank on who Carolina's first coach was.

Only reason why I remember it was Capers is because he also coached the Texans during their inaugural season.

Yes he did. I had to look up who was coaching Carolina their first year. I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was.

I always thought it was interesting that both Jax and Carolina made the conference title games in their 2nd seasons. Jax especially was impressive winning both in Denver and Buffalo. Both by the same score if I remember correctly.

Yes he did. I had to look up who was coaching Carolina their first year. I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was.

I always thought it was interesting that both Jax and Carolina made the conference title games in their 2nd seasons. Jax especially was impressive winning both in Denver and Buffalo. Both by the same score if I remember correctly.

Denver was a 13-3 team, their last ever season with orange crush. Brunell, Jimmy Smith, Natrone Means come to mind when thinking of that Jags team.

Denver was a 13-3 team, their last ever season with orange crush. Brunell, Jimmy Smith, Natrone Means come to mind when thinking of that Jags team.

Yep, their current look did start in 1997.

Natrone Means. There's a name I haven't heard in years.

Coughlin coached Jax, not Carolina.

I'm drawing a blank on who Carolina's first coach was.

Dom capers.

Had a pretty good defense with Sam Mills running the show.

Having said that im tired of the Panthers havent played anybody tallk.

The year the ravens won the super bowl they played in the worst division in football,  they played horrible awful bengals and Browns teams twice and a down Pittsburgh team twice.

Their offense was pretty shoddy but like Carolina they had a dominant defense led by a really good LB.

Keuchley is really good.

I think Panthers have just as good a shot as any other team, not sure why one would discount them.

.....no one's gonna say anything about the title?

:roll:

yeah its pretty jacked.

Yep, their current look did start in 1997.

Natrone Means. There's a name I haven't heard in years.

Dont forget Todd Boselli that dude had some guns.

Dom capers.

Had a pretty good defense with Sam Mills running the show.

Having said that im tired of the Panthers havent played anybody tallk.

The year the ravens won the super bowl they played in the worst division in football,  they played horrible awful bengals and Browns teams twice and a down Pittsburgh team twice.

Their offense was pretty shoddy but like Carolina they had a dominant defense led by a really good LB.

Keuchley is really good.

I think Panthers have just as good a shot as any other team, not sure why one would discount them.

:roll:

yeah its pretty jacked.

Dont forget Todd Boselli that dude had some guns.

I believe his name is Tony.

Anytime a black qb wins anything the racist start screaming about the defense. Well last I checked any team that wins anything significant got good to great production from pretty much the whole team. When. Brady was younger and winning he also had a darn good defense and coaching staff.

Football is the ultimate TEAM sport. Obviously every team has its strengths and weaknesses. I remember the talk was you can't win with a running qb which was a nice way to say you can't win with a black qb. So when it happens the defense gets all the credit. In reality though Russell Wilson made some great throws when they needed it most

Anytime a black qb wins anything the racist start screaming about the defense. Well last I checked any team that wins anything significant got good to great production from pretty much the whole team. When. Brady was younger and winning he also had a darn good defense and coaching staff.

Football is the ultimate TEAM sport. Obviously every team has its strengths and weaknesses. I remember the talk was you can't win with a running qb which was a nice way to say you can't win with a black qb. So when it happens the defense gets all the credit. In reality though Russell Wilson made some great throws when they needed it most

I would argue the exact opposite. The league, media and fans were very quick to embrace the most recent flock of black QBs and even anointed some of them as top 5-10 at their position. Most of these guys actually got too much credit.

In regards to Cam and Wilson, they're both great players and get more than enough credit, publicity and endorsement deals to show for it.

I would argue the exact opposite. The league, media and fans were very quick to embrace the most recent flock of black QBs and even anointed some of them as top 5-10 at their position. Most of these guys actually got too much credit.

In regards to Cam and Wilson, they're both great players and get more than enough credit, publicity and endorsement deals to show for it.

Except by a lot of people on this board. One smiles and dances so he can't be any good. The other was in 2 straight superbowls, winning one. But he had a great defense and made too many first downs with his legs so he's no good either. Go look up the Wilson and Cam threads in this section.

Except by a lot of people on this board. One smiles and dances so he can't be any good. The other was in 2 straight superbowls, winning one. But he had a great defense and made too many first downs with his legs so he's no good either. Go look up the Wilson and Cam threads in this section.

I remember seeing a few guys try and bring down Wilson (fools...) only to see the large majority of guys on this board jump all over them. Wilson has been a stud since day 1. Cam on the other hand has had some up and down seasons, so some of the criticism is warranted. This season he's playing great and while some people don't approve of his antics (I think he's fun to watch), no one has doubted his play.

The Panthers haven't been tested just yet, they've played some average teams, but they won and for now it is what it is.

A healthy Eagles team can take them down. If we beat AZ we have to be in the same "get hot at the right time" teams discussion.

I remember seeing a few guys try and bring down Wilson (fools...) only to see the large majority of guys on this board jump all over them. Wilson has been a stud since day 1. Cam on the other hand has had some up and down seasons, so some of the criticism is warranted. This season he's playing great and while some people don't approve of his antics (I think he's fun to watch), no one has doubted his play.

I always thought Cam locked in on primary targets (Smith and then Benjamin) and didn't scan the field very well. Losing Benjamin this season helped him progress as a qb and he's been as good as there is this season.

Yes cam has been changing plays and making reads. He is getting really good. He turned tedd ginn into a decent receiver for f sakes

The Panthers haven't been tested just yet, they've played some average teams, but they won and for now it is what it is.

That's just dismissive, give credit where it's due, they've now won 17 straight in the regular season...not easy any way you slice it.

Isn't it true that a lot of undefeated, or close to undefeated, regular season teams tend to crash and burn after the first round? I remember KC a few years ago got demolished in the first round, same with NE and Indy a time or two, and didn't these same Carolina Panthers finish 7-8-1 and knock off their much higher seeded opponent?