Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Procus

Will Chip succeed in a new HC job in the NFL?

Does Chip succeed in his next job  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will he take his new team far?

• Yes, he did well his first two years here and the Eagles are cursed.
    • No, he was a flash in the pan and the league figured him out.
    • Other

He can suceed if he adapts to the NFL style and changes himself and how he treats others.

Robnail is right, he has to get out of the college mindset and adjust his thinking to the NFL not vice versa, and realize that TOP and the draft both are important aspects in this league for success. If he gets another chance it will likely be at a much less contract.

I believe he will adjust to the NFL. I do think the eagles can do just as well if they hire the right coaches, but to me the Eagles FO structure scares me and this is the biggest wild card - for the coaches who will want to come here, the talent evaluation (draft/FA).

Too much smoke that there was Lurie's personal feelings/panick involved in this firing and that is not good..... see Robert Kraft success

I think he was successful here as a coach. He was a terrible gm but coach is another story. Whether he is superbowl winning successful will depend if he gets on a team with a very good quarterback.

I say no, but it isn't that teams figured him out. The problem is kelly is his own worst enemy when it comes to decision making. He has a large ego and believes he knows more about football than all the people around him. NFL is not like college and his ego caused him to reject the process of learning how the nfl operates. He could not assemble the rosters he intended because he could not comprehend that the nfl has a more even distribution of talent than college. Once you make a winning program in college it tends to stick since most high rank recruits want to go to the limelight teams so the can become prospects. Obviously the nfl is driven by money and talent follows money. You can try all you want to run schemes a certain way with certain a type of player (speed, size, etc), but that is going to limit the number of players and talent available. Kelly was narrow minded in the players he wanted (either to fit his scheme or culture) and it lead to only a small pool of players to chose from. This is why he had to go heavy to the college ranks and draft/sign players he was familiar with. Since I do not think he is going to change I would say he is going to fail as a head coach again (in the NFL).   

I hope he wins a super bowl...this city will melt down....again

lol, Reid wins one then Kelly....better yet, as opposing coaches in a super bowl

I hope he wins a super bowl...this city will melt down....again

knowing our luck, he probably will............and win multiple SB's at that 

I was hoping they'd give him at least 1 more year but it seems that most if not all the players disliked him, his practice habits and his personality.  If these guys aren't going to play hard for him then there's no point in keeping him.  Me personally, I wouldn't care one bit if Chip talked to me in the hallway or after practice.  I'm getting paid and I'm just going to practice, play hard and do what the coaches tell me.

Seems to me that Chip assembled a group of softies.

Yeah, I've always figured he'd use his first stint in the NFL to sort of get things figured out, then go be great somewhere else. I think some other team will be really happy to have him in about 5 years. 

knowing our luck, he probably will............and win multiple SB's at that

I was hoping they'd give him at least 1 more year but it seems that most if not all the players disliked him, his practice habits and his personality. If these guys aren't going to play hard for him then there's no point in keeping him. Me personally, I wouldn't care one bit if Chip talked to me in the hallway or after practice. I'm getting paid and I'm just going to practice, play hard and do what the coaches tell me.

Seems to me that Chip assembled a group of softies.

Lol..

The oroblem wasn't just that he was a D to players, but evidently everyone in the building...if you are winning you can get by with that, but you lose people will look for a reason to get rid of you and there is nobody there to defend you.

If he doesn't change his attitude then no

Well apparently part of the reason he was fired was because he didn't want to give back control of personnel.

Now he's saying where ever he coaches that he just wants to coach and nothing else.

No matter what happens to Chip Kelly . . . there's always Cleveland.

Titans is a good spot, because there aren't a lot of good players for him to trade away. Philadelphia was a bad spot for him because all we needed was someone to take a roster that already had talent and take us over the hump. He needs a gig were he can mold the whole roster to what he wants.

with the 49ers?

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  5m5 minutes ago

Tom Gamble, back w/ 49ers, will certainly push for Chip Kelly. But getting Sean Payton, if available, would certainly make a bigger splash.

SF, Tenn, Cleveland all dual threat QB teams in need of a HC. I can see one of them picking up Chip.