Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

The NFC playoffs move on without the NFC East, which isn't really unusual given the results of the last decade. Only New York in 2007 and 2011 and the Eagles in 2008 have reached the NFC title game since Philadelphia's Super Bowl run in 2004 ...

View the full article

Well the biggest thing is finding the right HC so why look at what the NFC East looks like until then. At this point it will take at least another two years to get into any kind of contention.

Browns hire Hue Jackson... Just want to state it first think he makes a play to trade for AJ McCarron to be his QB... In the draft could see Bosa as the guy BPA type approach or even them moving out of the #2 spot

Eagles again with the coaches we have talked to and we might not be finished talking to people I would go with Ben McAdoo....QB still on the fence with I mean part of me wants Sammy back but not sure I would want to pay him his rumored price of 18 plus mil per year........Not against drafting and grooming a QB with a new HC short term success might take a hit but long term could work out well(only paying your QB 4-5m vs the cap gives you a ton of money to spend elsewhere to upgrade the team around him)

Back to AJ going with Hue.... In Hue offense AJ threw 6 tds only 2 ints completed over 66% of his passes 854 yards he knows Hue O which helps also AJ McCarron swagger and coming from a winning culture team like the Bengals and Bama would be great for the Browns.....With the remaining draft picks you can use picks to build the team around AJ

Also back to the contract AJ is set to make under 1m per year next 2 seasons..... Even if Hue decided to extend AJ would not make that much and think he is/will be a solid if not good QB

I say start fresh all the way around. Ball control is a done deal as long as Philly beefs up its O - line in the off season. Dump Sanchez, and, as much as I hate to say it, I would dump Sam B as well and start with a new quarterback, offensive system and new head coach. As for the NFC East. It is always wide open during the playoffs of a season. Just way too soon to start talking about next year especially since Philly doesn't even have a coach yet. However I am all for the Eagles dominating for years to come a la New England in the AFC East.

My issue with Sammy right now is only the money he might cost not sure I seen enough from him to warrant 18 plus mil per season now if we could get him on say a 10-12 mil per year contract with incentives built in that could land him upward of 18m could be alright.... Sammy gets his money and Eagles get some safety on him

Snowy....why you even an Eagles fan isn't every fans dream for us to dominate the East every year and win multiple SBs

Nick...Read that was thrilled mainly because don't like our other coaching candidates

Yea I would probably say he is the best option available. They are saying its between him and Pederson, hopefully we go Macadoo.

Think it would all depend on what we decide to do at QB...and don't think we make that decision until we get a HC...If we resign Sammy could see Treadwell in play if we don't bring Sammy back think we have to go QB round 1

Treadwell is just a beast reminds me of Dez if I picked an NFL player today or if we went little older TO

Looking at the FA potentials out there if we don't go QB early in the draft, and we don't go Bradford who do we get? Here are the top 5 potential candidates and all 5 have high potential of being resigned by their current teams with Bradford having the strongest possibility of finding a new home.

Kirk Cousins WAS Sam Bradford PHI Brock Osweiler DEN Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ Case Keenum STL

So looks like Eagles FO is after a coach for the long run.. Whats the average span of NFL HC these years? 3-5 years.. When Chip came on i think not starting from scratch n leaving it til his 3rd season here stuffed him up.. New coach come in i wont be opposed with him getting his QB for the future n letting Bradford walk