Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Just read that the Eagles were towards the bottom in the NFL, as far as the team having concussions. That's good news....Then I thought....Probably because we don't tackle anyone......HIRE GRUDEN NOW!!!!!

Its either gonna be McAdoo or Pederson if a coach gonna be named in the next 2 days.. Is there no one else in the playoff team worth waiting to interview? Guess cant wait to long with Gase putting his coaching staff together n names coming off the list

Brock/Kirk/Fitz all are pretty much a lock to return to their teams... Wash. already come out and said they not letting Kirk out the door will franchise if need to...

BG- Agreed that these guys will most likely stay with their teams, but if we don't go QB early in the draft and Bradford doesn't come back where do we turn? Would we be left with Sanchez at the helm next season? I haven't heard anyone talk about any options for the Eagles other than Bradford or early draft pick QB, there is a chance we take or are forced down a different road, right now that road just doesn't look to promising.

If we wanted to add someone to our WR core I would love to have Alshon Jeffery from CHI or second choice would Travis Benjamin from CLE both are expected to be FA this off season as of now. Jeffery would be great paired with Mathews, AG, and Ertz. Don't want to completely build in FA, but we have so many wholes to fill IMO we need to bring in some pieces and bring back some pieces to be able to compete. Our O-Line is another key area we will need to bring in someone in FA, and drafting this year for O-Line is a MUST with at least one of our picks (we can't go 3 years without one).

Cordy Glenn BUF Ryan Schraeder ATL Russell Okung SEA Joseph Barksdale SD     Kelechi Osemele BAL Alex Boone SF Mike Harris MIN

And, yes some of these guys will be resigned by their teams, but they are the top picks I see out there as of right now and young enough to be around for a few years, and some are tackles, but Peters is a ? to most (I think he should stay he still has a solid 1-2 years left maybe 3 if lucky)

PH! - You must be skimming posts coz there been alot of talk on here with taking a QB early lol Wentz is the hot flavour of the month

Freak- I've seen those, but haven't seen anyone talk about what if we Don't retain Bradford and Don't draft a QB earlier? I see this as being a real but not pretty possibility (not likely but possible), Bradford might not want to come back and we might not want him or might not want to over pay him. If this happens everyone says we go early in the draft for QB, which makes since, but I am asking if we don't is there any other options for the Eagles besides Bradford or draft QB early? I don't see any good options, if it comes to our pick and a QB we wanted is gone does a new HC take a chance with someone else and hopes for the best or does he play it safe take another position of need and use someone else like Sanchez for a year and then try to get his guy the next season?

Ph! - New regime im kinda leaning towards just drafting a QB in the 1st round letting Bradford leave got the feeling his agent gonna be asking for top dollar.. Bradford along with Lewis are both FAs.. So think they do draft a QB no matter what this offseason.. Alot of money tied up if all 3 QBs are/were signed through FA.. Options n FA dont look strong either.. If Bradford were to resign OT or QB in the 1st round for me

@PH - If the Eagles have to pay Bradford 18 mil or more a year then I say franchise him for 20 mil and see how he does for another year before you offer him big money long term. They can still draft a quarterback in the first round and then get rid of Sanchez.

>>Freak?

--perhaps Lurie has a concussion and has amnesia? Forgotten to hire a head coach?

This all should be finished business --sewn up and getting ready for 2016.

Rome Burns while Nero fiddles

Howie - Have you ever heard of Vic Fangio or Harold Goodwin? Howie, Howie, are you listening?

Wrang! Forget drafting a round 1 quarterback. It's time to add talent to OL or DL. Quite a few kids that could back-up or start as rookies on OL or DL.

QB. Let's find a guy later in the draft --and figure he carries a clipboard-#3 QB.

>>Wrang: Coughlin is the TOP choice. He understands a DEFENSE and will install a true DC. Likewise, Shurmur knows that great teams always have a rock solid D.

Howie and the others. Let them fix the FO

Wood - Draft OL n keep Bradford or roll with Sanchez? Rookie QBs handing them the keys to the Franchise from the get go i have no problem with.. Bridgewater n Carr already shown how much improvement from year 1 to year 2.. Bridgewater into the playoffs second season

Woody - No problem here with concentrating on the O-line first. Free Agency comes before the draft.

Woody - If I am McAdoo I want Bradford for a year and a 1st round quarterback as insurance. The best of both worlds to have two people that could possibly be your franchise quarterback going forward.

Wrang: you are crazy 18 M for Bradford is BS. He is a back up QB at best. Draft a QB in 3rd or 4th round (Hogan, Stanford 6'4 220) Take care of OL in 1st round.

That is the issue we face though can sammy ever hit that ceiling paying him 18 plus mil a year is a huge gamble if he cant....going the draft route gives us a cheaper option that would allow us to us our money in other areas to help this tea....And a few QBs in this class i think have just as high of a ceiling as Sammy if not higher....Again fine either way we go see pros and cons with both

hgd707 - You don't take a guard in the first round. The top five guards in the draft are projected second and third rounds. The top five Tackles are projected to go before the 13th pick. The Eagles could get lucky and have one of them fall to them but you can't count on it. I am not taking a guard in the first round. The Eagles should sign a guard and a tackle in free agency. There are going to be at least 7 good ones available. The first round pick should be used for a quarterback if their guy is still on the board or a good wide receiver.