Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Doug is rated the worst HC....Fine by me keep him the underdog

I am optmistic about Shepard but we have nlt seen him in game action at all so will hold off on real judgment till then

Of course,but Rowe played well also.Get those 2 rock in and the deep threat goes away lol

So now,what do we do with Sam?He will want a LT contract,and frankly,I dunno if we should go there

>>c-ham: I want Peters to retire as an Eagle. A great FO will re-engineer a deal that works for all parties.

Redoing a deal.is fine if thebplayer is willing to accept which peters might not want to.....There is also the regard to respecting Peters as well if this team plans to enter a rebuild think the right thing to do is let Peters go to a contender he wamts to be in the playoffs he wants to be in the SB offer him the best chance for that

It is not about 2016 for me but the long term losing Peters would hurt but in the long term probably for the best IMO

Alsonwant if Pederson want to move Lane to LT to see what he has in him would Peters be willing to change position???? Move inside maybe or to the right side

>>BG93: well now, did you see the 2015 Panthers coming? Didn't think so.

You and a few others are convinced that can't be the 2016 Eagles.

Talent across these NFL teams is very close. Could be we have teams with Manning, Rodgers and Brady eliminated from the play offs. Will that poke a hole in the populist theory about only elite QBs win a SuperBowl.

You can skin cat multiple ways.

>>BG93: Pedersen drinking from a firehose. Hope he gets veteran OC and DC quickly.

Of course, it will be fun if Cheeves make the next round of the play offs.

I think we have enough talent to be a contender..just need to shore up a few spots and bring in the correct coordinators.

"Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East" - Seriously?

STOP SAYING THIS ****! PLEASE.

Keep your mouth shut until we can prove SOMETHING on the playing field.

Our head coach selection is the laughingstock of the NFL and he has accomplished NOTHING in his career.

We got humiliated by average football teams like the Redskins, Lions, Bucs, etc

We fired the Messiah in a shameful fashion after giving him the keys to the kingdom.

Our best players are old or damaged goods.

Roseman is destroying us from within - and our owner is letting him do it.

We kept hearing we were going to win the division last year even when we had a losing record.

Don't try to spin BS into gold - it makes a mess and makes you less believable.

Peters is one of the best OL'men I have ever witnessed play...but it appeared to me he quit on this team multiple times in 2015. Cut him, he may have 78 of 80 plays a game left...and maybe he is "the best we got"...but cut him...I'd like him to shut up.

BG...That is the way of the NFL. The quick fix. What would you propose? Trading/cutting all the "talent" on the roster (Ertz/Matthews/Cox/etc) to insure horrible losing seasons...ala the Cubs...allowing Howie Roseman to build the team in his image?

I can't agree with this team being a player away from contender. In fact I think the only way forward might be to start to dig out from where Chip left us. Sure I think new coaching and philosophy will help. No more always in the hurry up abandoning our D. These top teams(GB,Seattle,Ari, and Panthers)in the NFC alone are more talented without even talking QB which they accel. So for the first time in....I don't know how many years? There is a measurable gap. We haven't been contenders in a long time but....it hasn't been this bad since...

I'm late to the party, but, I'm taking the Patriots, Cardinals, Panthers and Broncos to win. With questions surrounding Peyton Manning returning or retiring, the NFL is going to want Manning/Brady for what could be one last time. Even if the Panthers lose to Seattle, I don't think the Seahawks get by the Cardinals. So, Cardinals Patriots Super Bowl 50.

I can't agree with this team being a player away from contender. In fact I think the only way forward might be to start to dig out from where Chip left us. Sure I think new coaching and philosophy will help. No more always in the hurry up abandoning our D. These top teams(GB,Seattle,Ari, and Panthers)in the NFC alone are more talented without even talking QB which they accel. So for the first time in....I don't know how many years? There is a measurable gap. We haven't been contenders in a long time but....it hasn't been this bad since...

Ham, I agree, we aren't a player away. We could probably stand to replace 3 or 4 O-Linemen, then, QB, back-up QB, WR, LB and secondary help.

Tommyboy What I want to know is how you really feel? This sh!7 as you called it is almost believable because look at the division. Who are the World Beaters you are in such awe of in the NFC East? Kirk Cousins have you shivering in the night? Or is it that basically everything stayed the same with the Gmen? Maybe you feel Romo is going into his prime now? Trust me the rest of the NFL world isn't running themselves ragged scouting the NFC East this offseason. We have a shot....no fu25 that...we should win the East with any positive actions this next season. It's ours for the taking. Kind of has been for the last several seasons,mostly. I don't fear the cowboys! I don't fear the Gmen! The day isn't coming for me this offseason to be struck down in fear of the Skins! They all suck. We get our sh75 together and WE CAN!

DC All too true about Manning versus Brady for the last time. The NFL will do anything for this ratings bonanza to happen. The Chiefs or Steelers will have to blow them out on the road to have a chance. The league probably already called Manning and Brady and told them to chuck it deep because the pass interference penalties are coming.