Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

McAdoo would be good for Bradford and this O with all the short passing. Personally I liked the Cards O a lot better so looking at Goodwin will be nice. McAdoo was the 1st candidate out of 6 the Gnats looked at, the latest being ex Falcons coach Mike Smith. Could there be a bidding war on McAdoo? With only 5 interviews is the "brain trust" performing its' due diligence or failing the team?

Only 5 interviews we know about some things could be happening behind close doors....plus think we will talk to more guys the break i think is cuz lurie is out of town dealing with the relocation but we will see

@mjk - I still think Smith goes to the Giants. He is almost a carbon copy of Coughlin when they hired him right down to the age. Smith was just like Coughlin as a first time head coach both doing well but not quite getting over the hump as far as winning a Super Bowl. Both had a burning desire to get another chance at the prize. Plus Coughlin and Smith are best of friends.

@BG - The only problem with your sceniaro is that free agency comes before the draft. The money has to be there to sign a guard and a Tackle before you draft a quarterback that you may or may not get. If Ryans, Celek, Peters and Cooper are cut the Eagles can add 17.5 million to the existing cap towards signing free agents. A good Tackle could cost up to 8 million a year and a good guard could cost up to 7 million a year.

@darksnake - Correct! It will be interesting although I have read that the good quarterbacks are going to fall further than the good tackles. How about Treadwell? LOL The drafnicks have Cleveland taking Goff first.

Eagles plan wpuld have to be to get there guy come draft day simple as that if we went that route.....17.5 mil is not even enough to sign Sammy at his rumored going price....Price could go higher if say Texans join in to try and land him and we are stuck in a bidding war

Dont think cleveland draft a QB think they trade for AJ McCarron

Wrang: I agree with you not taking OL in 1st round. But some idiot gave away our 2nd round pick. A tall WR would be nice. Don't think QB worthy of 1st round pick will be available at #12.

@BG - Possible now that Jackson signed with them. As far as Bradford is concerned, the Eagles have the upper hand. They can franchise him for one more year and tell the Texans to go pound sand. I think the cost to franchise him will be about 19 mil.

19m is still no light amount that would be over half of our cap if we released the guys mentioned

Hgd....you dont want Bradford the career backup and no QB worth our 1st rounder sooooo what do u do with the most important position in football

@hgd - Well if the second round pick is what you are worried about, the Eagles could trade back to about the 20th pick and get their second round pick back. I am sure there is a team that will want to move up. There always is.

@Freak - I have been curious myself about Eli Manning. Coughlin left. If McAdoo also leaves Manning will not be happy having to learn another offense when it took him two years to learn McAdoo's. The Giants could save some major Cap money and probably still get a first rounder for Manning if they trade him. He is signed for 3 more years I believe.

@BG93 - There are 4 players on this team that are very close to starting for the Eagles next year. They are JaCorey Sheperd, Jerome Couplin, Jaylen Watkins and Eric Rowe. That may make Carroll, and Thurman expendable raising 6.1 million more in cap space.

>>Wrang:

OL / DL / WR

Don't need No STINKIN' QB.

Bradford will earn whatever the "going rate" is for a starting QB in the NFL in 2016. My preference--multi year contract with some performance incentives that put him up there when he play is "up there"

Too many fans remain ignorant of the DROP RATE of Eagles receivers. It dulled the offense and created an illusion that Bradford is a lesser QB.

Open your eyes. He is better than McNabb. Durability is an issue. Fearlessness & toughness were proven without a doubt in 2016.

>>Wrang: Trey Burton is too small for a pure TE. He might see more action as H-Back / 3rd TE in 2016. He isn't a replacement for Celek. Put TE on your shopping list.

Wood - Better than McNabb lol You mention WRs dropping passes you forget who McNabb had majority of the time at WR.. Have no prob Eagles trying to resign Bradford but youre gonna have alot of QB needy teams tryna tickle his balls this offseason.. Speaking of tickling balls Eagles need to get Cox extended too.. Beast needs to be paid.. OL or QB 1st round no matter what