Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Woody...fine by me if Howie fails that means he is gone and we get a real GM....With vet players masking Howie flaws only allows him to stay longer with our young core getting older

Agree DC, Id keep Shurmur. I also would have kept options open to interview a few more guys that are still playing. Teams sign too fast and our search was a clusterf*!ck from day one. I'm not against the new guy, but it's a serious case of inbreading when you get rid of a guy ( who may be going to the SB ) and hire his protege. There's other blood out there that could make us stronger. Our O has been stronger than our D for yrs, yet only 1 team hired a D minded coach. There are 3 other assistant coaches who imo are better than Pederson that are still playing, 2 will be in the SB. What's the problem with grabbing Schwartz for the D NOW and interviewing HC from one of the SB teams? Heck, if they don't wanna come here just let Howie coach.

This game works in NE's favor. KC great at deep threats, not so much up close. NE's OL sucks but they're great short. Sounds familiar, they're just better at it.

Is anyone else seeing how open peeps are getting on both sides in this game?

Yeah, Smith on 3rd&13 just ran for 15 yards. Don't know how the hell you let that happen.

Chiefs just burned their 2nd timeout here in the 1st quarter. Now where have I seen that before?  :lol:

Let it happen? Is alex smith playing in a wheel chair? Lol. He has legs and he's mobile. He'll run every chance he sees. Hes reids poor mans McNabb. Lets go reid, maclin and avant!!!! I hope pederson copies reids offense but just calls the games better

I would absofreakinlutely LOVE to see AR make it to the SB. That would have to haunt JL. Heck - it might even wake hime the he** up!

Burning first half time outs not a big deal. Reid burning 2nd half timeouts is. Reid has some nice play design. Always a versatile offense. Fullbacks, double moves, max protection to give a receiver a shot down field.

Let it happen? Is alex smith playing in a wheel chair? Lol. He has legs and he's mobile. He'll run every chance he sees. Hes reids poor mans McNabb. Lets go reid, maclin and avant!!!! I hope pederson copies reids offense but just calls the games better

:rolleyes: And the Patriots should've been prepared for it, they weren't and he ran for 15.

I know it would be nice to have our HC in place and at work but... He needs seasoning. This playoff experience is needed. I want him coming here fresh off what it takes to win playoff football. Feeling the pressure in Foxboro. These are great experiences we won't be able to replace. Pederson isn't a one year hire type move. It's the long play. I don't want him winning a Super Bowl though. I still want him hungry chomping at that bit.

Bob Sanders the LB coach in Zona could make plenty of sense as our defensive coordinator. http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/bob-sanders/d3a29536-1b98-49db-8dec-7ec27b8c89a2?qwr=fullsite_temporary

15 years coaching defense. Some pretty strong chops for the job.

Check his full bio if you aren't familiar.

This has nothing to do with the article, but does anyone like the thought of Reggie Ragland, MLB Alabama with the 13th pick... My thought is that our Dline made all the tackles and the LBs were the ones stinking it up in the run game... with Hicks and Ragland we could move Kendricks outside and put Graham back into the line rotation

Ummmmm, looking at the draft w/o the coaches in place, w/o FA is really just ****ion. Have fun but it'll get you nothing. I'm really surprised there isn't a total uprising in Philly, totally weak from when I lived there in the 60's & 70's. Then again the populace as a whole is a LOTZ weaker than then. If you guys can't get rid of Howie. I mean you guys are there. Back in the day if I met with someone at the Magic Pan on a Sunday, it was in the paper on Monday. The Magic Pan isn't there anymore, which is weird cause it was slammed always. Why hasn't every outlet in Philly come out against Howie? Damn, back in the day he'd be gone. Then again, we had a football guy in charge.

One of these days AR will take a step back and then go with what he sees. Why did he give up on pressuring Brady when we all talking about how bad the NE OL is? NOW we're seeing why AR had to go. Not that he wasn't good, he just gets caught up in what he thinks. Brilliant but dumb, kinda like Chip