Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

>>>BG93: well, Doug Pedersen sure made some sucking up noise about " reconnecting with Howie".

To his credit-- he is a lifelong football guy. Played & coached professionally.

Not so much to his credit, he was 4th on the list of 6. The first 3 guys "got away" preferring other options to being HC "under" Roseman.

Let's see who he gets as his coordinators. I see Eagles entering dark ages...

Back when I lived in Philly we voiced our opinions LOUDLY! What, ya think DeBella and all the on air guys lost their hearts - NO WAY!!!!!! If you guys inPhilly wanna drum them outta town YOU CAN DO IT! Philly fans are too freakin proud to put up with this BS. Or didja all whimp out? Cow tow to JL? He's just another rich dude who knows nothing about football. Nothing special. You wanna become special JL - get out of your own head and put real ppl in charge!

What happenned to Rocky ? That big sucking sound? Hell, I lived in Tinicum and Ridley, South St when it was good, hell you could get drunk on Downey's rum cake! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED THERE?

Probably going to be.....HC- Doug OC- Childress and DC-Pettine/Schwartz......Honestly I will be disappointed on the O side of the ball if that is how it ends up

I mean it is pretty bad when I am on here in full support of Par Shurmur....Nothing personal against Pat but it isn't like he has ever had a dominating O before

Randy Fichtner/Carl Smith I think these guys could be some real winners for OC candidates.....Randy doesn't have OC exp. at the NFL level but has been an OC before in college has been part of the steelers staff since 07 helping Big Ben out as the QB coach.... Smith provides the exp. done it all pretty much college/pros OC at both levels QB coach for Seattle helped in the development of Russell

>>>MJK: Until the fans inside the Linc resume chanting " LURIE SUX"... Nothing will penetrate.

If the Pedersen era commences in the same vein as the Kotite era concluded--fans will again get on Lurie. Lurie has basically doubled down on Roseman as the future of the Eagles. And, Eagles settled for Pedersen--an inexperienced coach and one sure to kowtow to Howie Roseman.

Pretty much--many think Lurie is in denial.

>>BG93: I think 2-14 ought to be bad enough to oust Roseman. In 2016, team opens 0-7, wins 2, and closes out 0-7. Some fans thrilled to have #1 draft choice in 2017.

inexperienced coach who cares if he is plenty of coaches are inexperienced and have worked out fine....If Pederson gets the right staff aground him will be alright can grow on the job... AR did it, John Haraburgh was not loaded with exp. when he became Ravens HC, Mike Tomlin was not this vast exp. coach for the steelers

Jon Gruden could be another example of an inexperienced coach going on to have success

Woody....Howie back is against the wall this time around in Philly if he fails this time around no way he holds onto his job think everyone knows this.... IF Howie can not make it work this time around with Pederson conflict between the two guys whatever I thnk again Lurie will side with the coach and Howie will be shown the door and a new guy will be brought in.....Donahoe might move up as the place holder

ESPN

--

8:16 PM ET

Phil Sheridan

ESPN Staff Writer

PHILADELPHIA -- Doug Pederson, the Philadelphia Eagles' next head coach, officially became available Saturday when the Kansas City Chiefs were eliminated from the playoffs.

The Chiefs lost to the New England Patriots, 27-20, at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The Patriots advanced to the AFC Championship Game next Sunday.

The Eagles are expected to introduce Pederson within the next several days. Pederson, the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator, interviewed with the Eagles this past Sunday. They decided to offer him the job on Thursday. Under NFL rules, assistant coaches with playoff teams can’t be hired for head coaching positions until their teams are finished with the postseason.

Pederson was expected to travel back to Kansas City with the rest of the Chiefs. He has not yet signed a contract with the Eagles.

Kansas City scored 20 points against the Patriots, almost exactly the average (19.7) number of points allowed by New England’s defense in 2015.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid calls the plays during games. There were several issues during the game against the Patriots that will be familiar to Eagles fans. The CBS broadcasters were wondering why the Chiefs didn’t seem to be in a hurry while trailing 27-13 with under two minutes left in the game.

Late in the first half, Kansas City had the ball at the New England 10-yard line. The Chiefs failed to get a play off before the play clock expired. They were called for delay of game and wound up kicking a field goal.

In the fourth quarter, after getting the ball to the New England 2-yard line, the Chiefs were unable to get a play off before the two-minute warning.

Pederson does not call plays for the Chiefs, but he is in charge of the team’s red zone offense.

>>BG93: the team has talent to win 11-12 games. Catering to Rosenweasel --team will lose 10-14 games.

Protest at the stadium, underground radio as actual air is too sponsored these days. Sell enough tshirts AND get them published actually still works. But you know, if other pros are voiving it and you guys chime in he's got to hear it eventually. Too bad the suffering has to happen at all! This is a good team! I feel really bad for guys like JP. We're fans but he gave his life to this team. Because of JL and the people he surrounded himself with, the real guys like JP leave the game without a ring. Yeah, we want a ring in Philly, but that's nothing compared to the guys actually trying to do it. You have to leave Philly to get a ring - YOU HEAR THATJL!!!!!!!

Damn they lost Cobb....Abbrederis is stepping up big!

Glad Machin could play today! Thought his injury was worse.

Guess I'm talkin to the band tonight. Will go back to listening to Chrissy Hynde singin Dylan, at least she's got balls. The rest is Clapton and he's still god

Pulling for Carolina to win it all this year!

Yeah Reidsville ended up sitting him he rest of the game I saw that

Reid**** stupid auto correct

Pulling for Carolina to win it all this year!

Yeah Reidsville ended up sitting him he rest of the game I saw that

Reid**** stupid auto correct

Was a gritty performance though, you could see he was still affected. Always liked Maclin.

Pederson is supposedly keeping some aspects of the science program in place.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/16/10779858/nfl-insider-philadelphia-eagles-sports-science-doug-pederson-chip-kelly-offense-west-coast
"Their offense is going to be more aggressive than Andy Reid. What does that really mean? They are probably going to throw it when you think they re going to run it. They may throw a little bit more overall than most people would probably like them to do it. But he doesn't really worry about that." Caplan

This has been on of the craziest and probably the best playoffs I have ever seen. I'm bummed we're not a part of it. And i wish we could get half as lucky as some of these playoff teams. I mean missed fg with Minnesota, bengals stupid head hunting penalty, bradys throw defelected and then caught, same thing with cards, then bomb from rodgers...

Just read in an article that pederson wants to bring in marty morning because he did a great job for andy when he was here

Lol I'm just kidding. Everyone come back from the ledge