Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Woody....is not about catering to howie....It is about building this team around the young core of players we have....I am not worried about just 2016 like u seem to be i dont see us as SB contenders yet but like you said we have some talent in place lets build off the young guys and weed out the aging vets for the long term success of the team

Woody....all your approach does is dely the inevitable with our older players your so afraid to move on from and if Howie is as terrible as you say he is helps masks his flaws of finding talent and he will just be here longer

There is hope ..." no contract has been offically signed" .......please if there is a football god ...have the Birds back out of this deal with DP....asking ARs side kick to clean this train wreck is madness.....Bradford will politely ask to be excused very likely ......dont see this ending well ........If anything use the Pats as the measuring stick ....the OC that takes Bradys bunch out ...get him ...thats all for now

Biggest thing for Doug is getting the right staff together and it doesnt have to be perfect year 1....Doug might have to tweak the staff from year 1 to year 2....Doug also has to get help from our FO they have to do there job get talent for him to work with

Look at Jim Schwartz if we land him has mutliple seasons as a DC coached some good units last one being the Bills in 2014....He has NFL HC exp. And remember he took over for the 0-16 Lions helping fix that mess was no easy task....Just last season spent time in the NFL offices talking from perspective of a coach and the rules.....All thsi to me makes me believe he would a great addition for a first time HC like Pederson

Philly....feel as though Doug is somewhat of a selling point for any QB really him being a former QB himself he can relate to those guys and is probably willing to give them more wiggle room to change stuff at the line as they see fit

So Caplan is reporting that instead of a GM we will take the committee approach. I'm fine with that approach as long as we get results. If it becomes all political and everything becomes a compromise then we are screwed. Many times the GM is part of a committee but rarely is the committee the GM. We really just need the right guy for the job but in his absence this will be the approach I guess. I don't see how this will work.

GM committee member 1 "we should trade up for this beast player" ---GM Committee member 2 "we should trade back and recover draft picks"---GM Committee member 3 " we should trade draft picks for vet player" .....then what happens?

Plenty of teams use committe approaches Bengals to name one off the top of my head....GM is just a title nothing more....I do believe that Lurie as an idea and plan for the FO whether it will work or not is another thing...

The GM steers the team down a clear path with set goals. I'm not just talking the goal of winning the Super Bowl. I'm talking philosophical and financial approach. Can a committee of different minds stay on a set coarse? Or even define that set coarse? Some tough questions to work out. Do you want a decisive leader or a group like Congress? I'm not sure Congress has gotten much done(especially right) during my lifetime. So I'm leery of committee approach...but it's better than having one bad voice(Rosenweasel) run this ship aground. This idea sounds dysfunctional. It was created because of dysfunction. I'm not sure it will avoid dysfunction however. It probably will create it. But good luck.

Sure a committee can but again have to have the right people in place and part of it has to come down on Lurie as well if you have a committee no one person probably has power over the other so Lurie has to be more active in my view to set the goals he wants to achieve and the vision he has for the team.....

For all you fans hoping that Jim Schwartz is our next defensive coordinator here is something to think about. How long do you think he will be with the Eagles? The man was a head coach once and he would like to be a head coach again if the opportunity arises. He will get another opportunity. What you don't know is the when part of the equation. He may be with the club for a few years or he could get his opportunity after a one year stay with the Eagles. That is the risk you take when hiring him. The NFL has been replacing head coaches more frequently then in the past.

If the Eagles got Lovie or Pettine either of those guys could be gone in short time to get another chnace at HC....Even if we hire some asst. Off a squad with little exp. If he helps turn our D around into a top unit he will start to get looks

So This draft I will be looking at reality and looking for gems to get in round 3/4 or possibly later.Suspect we hit both lines hard with draftees,and of course we still have a QB debacle if Sam demands a LT contract