Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Too early for me,but seriously doubt we take one early.AG was underused,we still don't know what he can do.Abberderis was another late shot by me and he,s coming on as is Janis.Both were contributors in the GB loss,but showed they are GB,s future

Personally was not big on AG coming out didnt see him really as a first round guy either....Then again only USC WR i have ever really liked has been Robert Woods and I am still high on him

>>>BG93: meanwhile ---JASON AVANT--caught frickin everything that Akex Smith got near him.

Let that be a lesson.

>>>GBFL: c'mon -- the only way free agents are coming to the Eagles is because of a pay-day.

Put yourself in their cleats ... You're 26, this is your opportunity to sign with a hot coach on a team in the play offs with a viable QB and a stable coaching staff. Your agent tells you that you are worth $4 million per year.

Or, you can sign with a cellar team, rookie head coach, fractured front office for ??? $

FILL IN THE BLANK______

>>>BG93: Jordan Matthews is the only proven receiver on the roster. Ajirotutu was a ST guy. Cooper is a non performer. Huff can't run route and catch the ball after 2 seasons. Agholor can't run routes and catch the ball after 1 season. I don't know enough about the PS guys--except they're not on the 53.

Liked Chip's philosophy of bigger guys like Austin or Cooper.

With appropriate coaching--would hope that Huff and Agholor could equal Amendola and Edelman. Not ready to give up on them. But, they need to accomplish something in 2016

Woody...Avant had 15 catchs for a 119 yards 0 TDS ALL SEASON yea my lesson was learned alright how could we ever eplace that type of production....Hell think Huff had that in 1 game and he has butter fingers

>>Wrang: the team needs the best DC that money can buy.

>>BG93: only referencing game v. Patriots. That was the old, familiar Avant!!

Woody... i know u dont liek change mucb and you are not a fan of the unknown rather keep aging vets that are in rapid decline because you know what they bring to the table but at some point you have to move on from them just let them go

>>>BG93: meanwhile ---JASON AVANT--caught frickin everything that Akex Smith got near him.

Let that be a lesson.

A lesson that chip Kelly was the real locker room

Cancer ? He got rid of all the real leaders in the locker room Jasan avant was the spirit of the Eagles locker room

If Boykin of all people said " everyone who had the voice to make a change was sent packing or labeled as bad grapes"

Let that be a lesson.

A lesson in what? Sure he had a great game yesterday, but it was ONE game. 

I had Beckham and Perriman

So,Chip is unemployed,but collecting a nice paycheck.HUGE fail by the FO

He's not unemployed, he's with the 49ers

Bigger guys did ZIP,the rooks and JMatt need to be pressed into performing up to expectations,I mean that's the future right?

As Bellicheat said "do your job"

I actually like the way the coaching staff is potentially setting up

With a 1st time HC, the OCs and DC rumored all have HC experience.

Flajole has been a DC in this league. It looks like we will have a fairly experienced staff. Hopefully we find a place for Fipp and Undlin. All but certain Duce stays with the relationship him and Doug have

I think Jmatt performed well for his 2nd season and being really the only weapon at WR for us... 85 catches 997 yards(just shy of the 1000 yard marker) 8 tds again.... Honestly think we put to much on him expectation wise and us forcing that #1 role on him might have hurt him a bit as well over thinking things and trying to do to much he will be fine though

I am bold enough to believe that Jmatt has that HUGE break out season under Pederson.... I think us moving Jmatt around more will only help him

REC

TGT

YDS

YPC

TDs

Through 2 seasons, I think most Wrs would take those numbers. Matthews is on pace to easily beat Maclin's 1st 4 seasons, which were the best in Eagles history.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez  6m Source tells @NFLonFOX that former #NFL safety & coach Tim Hauck is being hired as @Eagles DBs coach. Last with @UNLVfootball I bellieve

Clariifying: Cory Undlin remaining as @Eagles secondary coach. Tim Hauck being hired as asst DBs coach. Sorry for confusion. @NFLonFOX