Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Avant's value came in many more forms than catches. Great guy. Great teammate. He caught whatever you threw at him. Great leadership and roll model. And let's not forget that Shady was the Top Rusher in the league with Avant. Why bring up a WR when referring to the rushing attack? Some might ask. If you recall that 2013 season it was with Avant blocking from the slot that we just brutalized people. Him in the slot forced teams into their nickel package. It was against the nickel D that the rushing attack was most effective. Things were never as good after he was snipped.

----DC I was freaking out until I read the second part of the story. I was going to go ballistic if we hired some UNLV assistant to take over for Undlin.

Reports of steve spagnola or w.e. people are ripping this report apart online. Yea he's been part of some bad defenses. Especially just now. People are saying why would people hire him, based on his success in like 2007? Well thats easy, like most coaches your success and failures can depend on your roster!!! The giants have nothing on defense, like the saints. Maybe just maybe coaches like him can execute their vision if they have the players capable. It works both ways.

I did want Pederson to aim for more of an outside voice OC someone not connected to AR tree line... Just so we can have a person with a different approach to things and blend different styles together

We needed to see JMatt working outside more. He was the number one receiver in targets and yards but not in that position in the O on the field. Revis,Norman and Peterson were out shutting down Agholor not in JMatt for the most part. Most number ones face the best corner or a double team...or both. JMatt hasn't contended with that so much. I believe he's a stud in the making but I was disappointed some in his season. Some wasn't his fault(Bradford's pocket scared to start season,Oline not holding up,poor contribution from the rushing attack....). But plenty was. He dropped a lot of balls. His route running digressed. Maybe this is more of a Chip issue. Chips route tree seemed laughable...definitely not professional. The third season is the breakout year for WRs. Not sure this will apply so much to JMatt....if he moves outside facing the top cover men he will have that hurdle to overcome. Getting him in a professional route tree will be fantastic for him...in the long run. Exciting player to watch his development but my standards for him were higher in 2015. I want to see him reaching at his potential. I don't think a single player did that in 2015 for the Eags.

Can not fault Jmatt for where he was lined up he went out and produced simple as that... I think Jmatt was just in his head to much to begin the season finally took a step back around mid-season and got it together

I thought of Jerry Grey secondary coach for Vikings.....Has some DC exp. and has been a part of helpings some pretty good secondaries

I am fine with the idea of Jim Schwartz though... I would be alright with Spags even though that would be a tough one to land..... Think would be a good thing to have a guy or 2 on staff with some HC exp. to help Pederson out some

The stats aren't to great for JMatt in 2015 really. Being in the hurry up which creates extra stats. Being behind all,ok ok most of the season which leans towards passing a bunch. I guess it's all a matter of expectations. I expected more in 2015 from JMatt. He went through a slump.

dave I know you'll never agree because you are the ultimate homer. But I am 65 years old and I am disgusted by the Eagles moves. Not the letting go of Chip but all of the moves or reported moves since. First, keeping Howie Roseman is an absolute joke and not received well by league people. This feels more like the plot line from "Back to the Future" than an NFL team, When will Jeff Lurie learn??? Never. He says he wants to be progressive but he is regressing. Hiring Doug Pederson is another joke. Lurie said he fired Chip to get an early start on getting a new coach but that was a lie. He just wanted to get rid of chip and that little gnat Roseman was in his ear. Going back to the Andy Reid tree is another mistake. We saw it again yesterday. Andy has NO time management skills or halftime adjustment skills...the same things that plagued him here show their ugly head again in loss to Patriots. I hate to say it but I think the Eagles will never reach the pinacle of the sport until Lurie sells the team. The problem for me is I'm running out of time...65 and countiing. I think I may never see a Super Bowl title. Very sad indeed!!!

Cunningham...yea guess it is all based off what you expect from the player and hoenstly at least for me Jmatt was not far off what I expected I figured he would be little over 1000 yards which he was just shy of and I expected around 8-10 tds from him.....

I love when losers come on here and bash Dave Spadaro for his articles, I'd like to see you do this job and bad mouth everything....I bet you all kiss a** with your boss as well so just shut the hell up already.

I really can see us going either way with Sammy...I think Pederson has to come in talk to Sammy get a feel for him... If Sammy wants to return and Pederson wants him back I think we make something happen....I don't think Pederson will bother though if Sammy has little to no interest returning to the team

Since Spags is under contract how would that work if we wanted to hire him???? Would we owe the Giants some type of compensation if they decided to let him leave his contract and come to us????

The staff is shaping up nicely.. Keeping the strengths n cutting the fat.. Happy Bicknell n Day are gone.. Hmm not sold on Spags.. People saying talent to work with hasnt been great but thats not much of an excuse for sucking that bad.. Davis is the opposite best talent on D for how long but the guy stunk up the joint with his calls

Mara said he would not force any Giants assts. to stay if they did not want to....Soooooo if Pederson convinces Spags to come to the dark side would Spags contract just be dropped by the Giants and then we sign him or would we just pickup his contract he had with the Giants

Genetic...I mean Giants talent was really bad at one point there best pass rusher was probably a FB that is bad lol