Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Looking at Donatell D's that he coached the years he was GB's DC all his teams finished in the top half of the league in few points allowed topping out at #5...3 years in ATL his D's were in ranked 14th, 18th and 15th in fewest points.....Sounds as though he has had some type of success with D's

BG...likely why ARs clock management skills are horrible ......i have no other choice then to see what happens ...but the magic 8 ball doesnt like the outlook...i just think they shoulda expressed more patience in this search for our next vaunted coach

>>>> PP101:

There were six (6) candidates. An unknown number were evaluated & just (6) were selected for an interview.

Gase

McAdoo

Coughlin

Pedersen

Shurmur

Staley

The first three chose other opportunities than becoming HC of Eagles.

Pedersen accepted

Shurmur's fate is unknown

Staley appears to be staining as RB assistant coach

Roseman is running the FO for all extents & purposes.

Donahoe, Polian & Jaworski was three coats of fresh paint ( white wash)

I love the addition of Tim Hauck. Hopefully Undlin preaches the technique and Hauck brings the tenacity

Freak I can get on board with some of that logic. The HC is a figure head. He doesn't have to be the all knowing...ugh Chip. He needs to be a leader. Hire and delegate. No need for a micromanager. Put the pressure on the players and holding their position coaches responsible. AR ended his time here in a power struggle. Chip it seemed like was going on from the get go. Could be refreshing to JUST have a guy that wants to be a good coach and win some football games.

I like the that the had so many voices in on this search. Seems like a singular voice was the problem with the Chip era. Things seem to work out best when people can agree to disagree.

The coaching staff looks to have a lot of experience behind Doug, which will be an asset for the 1st time HC. Hopefully Doug can be the fresh face that enlightens the boys

Yeah,but now do we release Coop?Or anyone since maybe Chips scheme affected their play? Should be interesting

Like do we sign Sam to. Multi year now or?

GBFL, it makes me wander if Doug will do like his own situation was as a player in Philly. Let Sam walk, bring in a mid tier guy like Chase Daniels, and draft his guy. Doug saw first hand what it means to have your QB. Daniels would be an interesting cheap option. Never really given the chance to play, but has lit up the pre-season a few times. Could be a decent veteran option to let the rookie grow a bit.

Anyone else watch the broncos game and hear the announcers compliment Evan Mathis the whole game ?? I remember when he was released for being to disgruntled an when interviewed Mathis said he had his bag packed an was ready to be there day 1 of mandatory training camp but he was cut for not showing to chips voluntary training camp

GB - Cooper crap career here under Chip not much of scheme more of Chip prioritizing a secondary skill rather than the primary skill.. A player who excels at blocking n ST should never start over a better receiver

There's a part of me that hopes we take a flyer on Chase, and save the big contract. That would likely mean we also draft the future as well. Chase is a true WCO QB with some mobility

Wrangler: saw your earlier posr about schwartz not being here for long because some team would be interested in him being their head coach. That's why I originally wanted him to be our head coach when no one had him on their radar.

If Eagles went Chase I would think we end up taking a QB in the 1st round.....Lynch or Wentz most likely(possibly Goff but like the other 2 guys more personally)..... Who mentioned the NC State QB he looked like an interesting prospect as well that could be had later 3rd or 4th round