Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

McDermott is getting a ton of credit for a defense that is really River Boat Rons. Ron was under the tutelage of both Buddy and JJ, the best of both worlds. He's also coached a defense to a SB as DC with the Bears in '06. McDermott is getting a lot of love, but the brains behind that defense is the HC.

Jacoby Brissett from NCState. He's pretty nice as well.

>>??FREAK??

Look at the roster of WRs.

Agholor

Huff

Austin

Ajirotutu

Cooper

Matthews

Now, you put them in order and show which ones are "better" than Cooper!

And, there's the problem..

>>>>GBFL: Manziel will get another chance--somewhere. Maybe with Chip in SFO.

Eagles need more guys like Matthews

Wood: heard the Cowboys were interested in manziel. Heard they were interested in rg3 as well. If they get one of them, it most likely would mean they don't draft a quarterback. Also wouldn't surprise me if they stole joey bosa... Or maybe treadwell

I recall how some posters here argued me to death about riley cooper. Like i just knew nothing. That dude is like hankbaskett. Just good when people pay him no attention.

I'm not usually the type that wants to trade up for a player in the draft but if jared goff somehow slips down and out of the top 5, i hope we go get him. He just looks really good to me. And in my opinion the only quarterback that should be taken in the first round. Not saying others won't be good but they seem to come with a lot more risk and I rather keep Bradford rather that chance a first round pick on say paxton or wentz. Wentz looked better to me than paxton but hia injury/surgery concerns me. He's also had other but minor injuries. Could have trouble staying on the field.

Snake....heard they still had to get a contract out the way so today or tomorrow maybe Pederson will probably be officially named would be my guess

Snake.....no love for Paxton Lynch from Memphis or my boy Carson Wentz???? I think Lynch is the best QB in this class

Think i know my biggest issue with Murrau he just isnt a game changing RB he is a very good RB but we can get a good RB viva the draft for a fraction of the price....Only a hand full of RB i think i would even have considered at Murray price tage one being our former RB shady, Jamaal Charles,AP,Lynch(prime), Possibly Levon Bell nlt sold on him quite yet....These guys to me are game changers when on the field dont feel that way with Murray.

BG ,that's my philosophy, you only pay big money to an ELITE runner. The position cost has plummeted in the league during the Passing Era of the NFL(TM pending). A Ryan Matthews type contract is all I'm willing to pay otherwise.

I hate to say it but Brady is playing at such a high level ...maybe the highest I've seen. Last year that Pats team was good. I can't really say great...other than he made them great. But this year's squad isn't as talented. You take away Brady how many wins does that team get? This will be the least talented team to make it to a Super Bowl in NFL history.

I think Peyton Manning and Denver steal the win from NE....Peyton goes out on top....Just for debate purposes if Manning wins a 2nd SB is he the best of all time....On stastics he already is the thing holding him back was the rings and playoff wins.....If Peyton goes to another SB that would make what his 4th trip if he wins his 2nd ring plus everything else he accomplished over his career

Manning isn't very close to Brady in All Time Greatness. Only in regular season greatness. In the postseason Manning has choked time and again. He's been on the best most talented team in the league....his 8th time. The Colts won that SB almost despite of Manning. That year the running game and D stepped up massively. The D came on right at the playoffs that season. Freeney and Mathis just crushing QBs while Bob Sanders(Colts S not LB coach from Zona we should make our DC) went on a tear. Manning threw more interceptions than TDs that offseason. The one thing he did was get that victory in Foxboro that postseason. I don't think a QB like that gets in the top 20 of all time QBs. He's perhaps the best regular season QB when the pressure isn't on. But his pathetic play when everything matters...? Choke artist. Can you think of a player that has tanked harder in postseason play than Manning? This goes back to his college days even. Tenn. had the best team in the nation his junior and senior season. He choked and lost never capturing a college title.