Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

Woody, I never said that I didn't want Bradford. I said one more year of having him should let the Eagles know for sure if they want to invest 18 million a year for multiple years. I still want a quarterback in the draft however. I am tired of Sanchez. The quarterback we draft could be for the future. How long did Rogers sit with the Packers before he got his shot?

Woody... the drops did not make Sammy look like a lesser QB I watched the games that he played and he played well but not 18 plus mil well not even close........ Not to mention that 18 plus mil is a large chunk of cap and will effect the other moves we can make to help build the team around Bradford...You have said numerous time the QB can't do it alone

It is not like the Eagles are a QB away from winning our entire team needs help not a single position that I look at and don't think we could upgrade at we can do better

I have said it since probably mid- season I feel like the Eagles should try and get Sammy on a 2-3 year incentive laden contract... 12-13m again sure thing but if he hits the incentives could make that top tier money.... This gets Sammy the money he is looking for plus help protect the Eagles

I keep thinking of Sanchez contract honestly in regards to Sammy... Sanchez was set to make 5.5 m this season but if he would have hit his incentives could have made up to 16m... Sammy something in that regards

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mclane said the Eagles were interested in McAdoo and were ready to hire him Giants stole him away sounds as if we are settling for our #2 guy.....Welcome to Philly Doug

Never in a million years thought this sentence would come out of my mouth but I SERIOUSLY hope out of the remaining coaches that are known that we talked to we hire(throwing up in my mouth as I say this lol) Pat Shurmur

DC...I think the Eagles could have had him if we had not waited so long to pull the trigger I mean I could understand if we were interviewing numerous guys but our so called head start seems pointless

Pederson will probably keep Shurmur as his OC. If Coughlin is the guy he will probably keep Shurmur as well. After all, he just beat him.

DC...I think the Eagles could have had him if we had not waited so long to pull the trigger I mean I could understand if we were interviewing numerous guys but our so called head start seems pointless

I didn't really want him anyway and always figured he'd be the next HC of the Giants.

Ok so this is the Eagles real goal witht he interviews they wanted to talk to some alright candidates that some fans would get behind liek Gase and McAdoo knowing odds are they would land HC jobs then talked to so-so guys Pederson and Staley so to raise the appeal of Pat Shurmur for when they hired him

>>BG93: this is more exciting that waiting for a papal election. Tom Coughlin & Pat Shurmur at OC wouldn't be all bad.

Eagles search is phlegmatic. Of course, Birds have the " elephant in the FO"...and the young guys won't want to put their career in his hands. Coughlin doesn't much matter--he's already a minor coaching icon.

@Don - Now that McAdoo signed with the Giants do you think he will keep Spags as well? I am still thinking about our next defensive coordinator after Davis leaves.

How does anyone know there isn't another candidate out there that the Eagles want and hasn't been talked about as much as the rest? Also, it's very possible they want a coach that's team is still in the playoffs.

@Don - Now that McAdoo signed with the Giants do you think he will keep Spags as well? I am still thinking about our next defensive coordinator after Davis leaves.

That's the word, Spags will be DC, with Joe Philbin being the OC