Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

For the record i see joe montana as the GOAT always have dont really see anyome close to him nt even Brady....All joe did was win when it mattered 4-0 SB and a national championship

Montana best ever! The game was very different back then, a lot tougher and he came through every time. Coach Doug official. Giants won't let us talk w/ Spags - good!

People saying Eagles should tag Sammy let him work out a long term deal with another team then trade him lol.....If we could get some picks out of it not the worst idea i have heard maybe a 2nd and late pick possibly a 1st rounder could see the Texans offering us a 1st

Rumor has it that the Eagles may offer Spags the DC and assistant HC jobs so that they can hire him. It would be a promotion from what he has now in NY.

>>>DC: I'd be happy with no Manning, no Brady, no Rodgers. Defensive Football, Smash Mouth.

I agree with you on this, as I love the old school defensive smash mouth style of football, but in reality if you look it since 2003 every single Superbowl minus 2012 has featured either Brady, Manning, or Big Ben, and this year will be no different. There are other ways to get there, but if you have an elite QB it's tough to keep you out of the big game.

>>Wrang: huge learning curve for new HC Doug Pedersen ( same as boy GM). Some times you can't hire the people you "like"-- you have to hire capable professionals and manage them.

Pedersen won't be operating in his comfort zone with old pals. This is all about recruiting professional coaching talent and managing assistant coaches.

Doug doesn't have much of a track record. Reports are that he is "liked & respected".

Huge lesrning curve for what hiring a staff???? Sure Pederson already knew he was not going to get everyone he wanted lol....

We package deal bradford with Murray to the Tsxans for a 1st and 3rd with a condition pick in 2017....And just to show a sign of good faith we will give them Coop and Sanchez FOR FREE!!!!!!!!! lol

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-should-let-sam-bradford-go-not-without-compensation/

Makes some sense IMO 20mil on a QB makes it tough to build your roster and like Jimmy says in the article I dont think we are close to a SB damn sure not a contender next season....Even though i do think the East could be won that how bad our division is lol

If we could tag and trade Sammy would be huge for us....Sign I guy like Chase Daniels to be that stop gap guy while we select our QB to groom behind him

I guess the question that remains is one that can't be answered at this moment in time. Rumor has it that the Browns want Goff with the second pick. Will Lynch or Wentz still be around at pick 13? Of course Pederson may not like either one since he is going to install a WCO. There may be a better choice for that type of offense than Lynch or Wentz in Pederson's eyes.

@BG93 - Curious now that the Eagles hired Tim Hauck whether they would now consider Undlin for the DC position. Every Time I think about Hauck it reminds me of the hit he put on Michael Irwin.

Just read an article stating that Lynch has the longest hands ever for a quarterback at 11 1/2 inches. Now that's some big hands. Out of curiosity I measured my own and came up with 8 inches. LOL

Philadelphia Eagles ‏@Eagles  20s20 seconds ago It's official! The #Eagles have named Doug Pederson as their new head coach: http://phieagl.es/1Kn7P7V 

Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm  15s15 seconds ago Eagles officially name Doug Pederson as head coach. Press conference is 2 p.m. on Tuesday.

I was looking at the current top 8 head coaches in the league currently, and IMO they are Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, John Habourgh, Pete Carroll, & Bill Belichick.

Andy Reid- was a QB coach in GB before becoming the Ealges HC

Bruce Arians- was an OC in Indy before becoming the Cardinal's HC

Mike Tomlin- was a DC in MIN before becoming the Steeler's HC

Sean Payton- was a QB coach in Dallas before becoming the Saint's HC

Mike McCarthy- was an OC in SF before becoming the Packer's HC

John Harbough- was the ST coordinator for the Eagles before becoming the Raven's HC

Pete Carroll- was a 2 time HC before going back to college and then becoming the Seahawk's HC

Bill Belichick- was the HC of the Browns before getting a shot at the Patriot's HC position.

What's all this mean? Nothing really, it only shows that the top HC in the NFL currently only have one thing in coming, and that is they had prior NFL experience before they made the jump to HC and were successful at it.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  5m Former #Chargers OC Frank Reich is expected to join the staff of new #Eagles coach Doug Pederson, source said.

Plan is for Frank Reich to be OC under Pederson. RT @NationOfEagles: @RapSheet as OC or a positional coach?”

>>DC: underwhelming choice by Pedersen. Mid-tier offense with elite QB --Rivers. I liked Frank Reich as a back-up QB years ago with the Buffalo Bills. His recent results with Chargers are not encouraging.

I'll whet my axe and polish the chopping block for the inevitable outcome of

Roseman + Pedersen = submediocrity

I think brady surpasses montana. Let's not forget that Montana had the great jerry rice to help.

BG: I think lynch and wentz could be good quarterbacks. I feel there is a lot more risk with picking them over goff though. Lynch and wentz are both taller and mobile than goff I believe. I like the way goff throws the football. Seems to come out faster with a more tight spiral. Also, i think he looks down field where i kept seeing lynch looking at rushers instead of looking down field. He might be very good. Wentz had surgery on his hand. Not sure if that will affect him later on

>>DC: underwhelming choice by Pedersen. Mid-tier offense with elite QB --Rivers. I liked Frank Reich as a back-up QB years ago with the Buffalo Bills. His recent results with Chargers are not encouraging.

I'll whet my axe and polish the chopping block for the inevitable outcome of

Roseman + Pedersen = submediocrity

Last 2 years with Reich as OC, bad O-Line, Brandon Oliver and a rookie in Gordon

CZBdKqYVAAEnSSx.png