Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

DC...your are 100% correct could be someone not mentioned or could be more on the way but again did say out of the guys we have talked to and know about

You know how this organization is, they use a ton of misdirection.

Maybe McDermott is still in the running

I'd rather it be a defensive coach. Hell, who's to say they didn't meet with Guenther after they interviewed Pederson on Sunday and no one knows about it?

Vic Fangio - 30 years in the NFL and 16 of them were as DC. In recent history Fangio had the 49er's defense ranked in the top 5 for 4 out of 5 years. Last year with the Bears he improved their defense with having no talent to work with. Fangio is known for his adaptation of his defense to go with players strengths.

Vic Fangio - 30 years in the NFL and 16 of them were as DC. In recent history Fangio had the 49er's defense ranked in the top 5 for 4 out of 5 years. Last year with the Bears he improved their defense with having no talent to work with. Fangio is known for his adaptation of his defense to go with players strengths.

I'd be on board with Fangio

Report: Eagles giving "real consideration" to promoting from within http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/13/10765494/eagles-head-coach-search-philadelphia-pat-shurmur-duce-staley-offensive-coordinator?utm_campaign=brandongowton&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter 

I wanted Fangio as DC.. But HC yeah man keen
Unless Fangio is still under contract then Bears can block it anyway

Can't they block a lateral move, but not a promotion to HC?

DC - Hmm sure i read a few candidates got blocked last year for interviewing for HC coz they were under contract.. Cant block if they on their last year or something.. I dunno might wanna double check lol

Priority number one for me is to sign cordy glenn. Not going to matter if we keep Bradford or get someone new if you cant protect the guy. Not only that, if you arent protecting the qb it makes the coach look bad too because we will still most likely be losing a bunch of games

@Woody - Before us! LOL I just read that somewhere and forgot already. Man this getting old is for the birds.

>>>darksnake: c'mon you're used to Kelly's uptempo offense. This is Lurie's lo-tempo coach search.

I said weeks ago--the search was a waste of time & effort. At best a charade.

Recall Woody's Formula?

Shurmur HC

Schottenheimer OC

Stoutland OLC

Staley RBC

TBA- receivers

Lovie Smith -DC

Undlin -DBC

TBA- Linebackers

TBA- D line

ST - Fipp

>>DC: no way the GMen let McAdoo escape. They gave him a whiff of freedom and cheesesteaks --back to vagasil for Eli & Odell.

I think Tom Coughlin at HC with Pat Shurmur at OC ...and Lovie Smith at DC makes the most sense for a franchise that needs stability, continuity and experienced coaches. But, Coughlin idea is probably torpedoed by Howie.

The real mission needs to be snagging a good FO guy with NFL experience and credibility to be the lead evaluator--cause it ain't Roseman or Donahoe.

Shurmur even if HC is likely to stay the play caller so moving Duce up would not be a terrible idea I guess think he will be a good coach just needs exp. start to get him involved....DC not even sure who is out there or who I would want Pettine was an interesting name at one point.... KC LB coach Gibbs is another name sure plenty of other asst. out there deserving of a chance

Woody....not sure why you care who the HC is so much if the FO the issue as you say won't matter who we hire once we fire our GM odds are new GM taht comes in cleans house and we start new again