Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

>>>BG93: Brian Schottenheimer is a solid OC. He knows how to get 1000 yards each from Murray & Mathews--and a few hundred more from Burton & Sproles. Staley's guys will love it. 2600-2700 rushing yards. Bradford stays safe and cozy and picks apart defenses. Time of possession soars to best in the NFL. Defense is fresh and plays with ears pinned back. Takeaways take off.

Who you kidding?

So does Cory Undlin deserve a chance at DC? Not sure if he ever held the position in the NFL. College, yes.

Woody... I would rather have almost anyone else over Schottenheimer as my OC I have wrapped myself around the possible idea of Shurmur so the string will not hurt as much if it happens.....At the very least Shurmur needs to go out and get a nice fun exciting OC to pair with him someone who is willing to take some chances and gamble with Shurmur more conservative style(at least that how he looked with the Browns)

Wrangler...I would consider Cory

>>BG93: Eagles appear to be in one of those cycles. It happens. It's frustrating & disapponting.

Like Snowy--I don't see the right decisions being made. In the meanwhile, we do the best we can with what is available. This isn't "fantasy football"---every team has compromises and weaknesses. We just suck it up and compete with what were given.

So does Cory Undlin deserve a chance at DC? Not sure if he ever held the position in the NFL. College, yes.

Not sure he's ready to be DC, keeping him as DB coach is a great idea imo.

If Jim Caldwell is fired would make a strong play for JBC as my OC.... If he is not in play go look at someone in AZ maybe the QB coach or something.....

Woody....so the best we can do is Shurmur/Schottenheimer seriously sounds as though you are just settling to me low standards

Hard to know if anyone is ready for a job until they are given a chance to do the job......Giving Cory a chance would not be that bad not like we can get much worse then BIlly Davis D the past couple seasons

>>BG93: I am trying really hard for continuity and connectivity. Obviously, Schottenheimer has coached Bradford in STL as well as Sanchez in NYJ. I think familiarity is huge.

Lovie Smith is a 4-3 Tampa 2 coach. Given the success of Billy Davis 3-4... Not so sure team doesn't need a proficient DC. I think Chip's practice methods were fine for training camp and rookie orientation. They screwed up the D basics and time of possession hurt the D too. I am all ears for any great 3-4 DC ( McDermott is a 4-3 coach).

If Eagles hire Pat should want a some not as conservative paired with him give me someone from Arians staff to mix in and add some different influence to our O.... DC Lovie is not going to take a DC job would be my guess if not another chance at HC this season will take the year off so going for a guy like Gray could be a good option.....

Sanchez shouldn't even be on this team next season

I would rather us just give Duce OC then get Schottenheimer

Woody ... here is your chance to fight for that Bronze medal! But lets recap your posts. It's the OC that causes the 2600 rushing yards. It will just happen because he wills it to happen... players don't matter? Your 10:30 post about Chip's practices. Where do you stand, you bash Chip yet praise Kelce for saying the Eagles were pampered? Please stop flip flopping and pick a side, not whatever fits your agenda! Stealth mode? In Philly? Doesn't happen here my man ... this isn't Nevada. You pay too much attention to hype and not what happens on the field. Who cares about hype, its all about results. Finally... on Bradford. You continually down play the position, that you want re-tread, so so QB, its all about the FB (which by the way you were NOT supposed to mention until 2017!!!!!!!!!) Yet you just give away $18 mil to Bradford like its nothing? Why would you do that if the position doesn't matter so much? These are things where I'm not sure it registers in your brain how you contradict yourself constantly? You are like COL. Nathan R Jessip .. why did you order Santiago to be transferred after telling your men not to touch him? This is why you lose credibility as a poster because you flip flop and make points that always contradict yourself.

Id like to see us keep Shurmur, move Duce to OC and then bring in a 3-4 DC from the Lebeau tree. Dare I even say Joey Porter? He'd be a guy the guys would get behind for sure.

I don't mind Lurie playing the waiting game if he is planning on swooping in on a hot candidate after the SB or something. I just would hate to see us look bad if he sits around and then hires Shurmur. That would look like they were spurned by everyone. That doesn't seem like his style, but we will see. Id honestly say the biggest name coordinators are still coaching. McDaniels, Bevell, Haley, McDermott, and Pederson are all still alive. Id say names like Wade Phillips, Shula and Dom Capers could even get some love with a trophy. If Seattle pulls off a win, Id love to gte a guy like Bevell in here. That would be 3 straight trips for the guy who hand picked Wilson as his pet project. In 4 years he took Minn from the 20s on offense to top 5 and he did the same in SEA.

When you look at team needs and player rank, it's not crazy to think that defensive line will be our pick come April. And if it is I welcome it because i think it will help take our defense to the next level

If Pederson can keep guys focused and can handle coaching the team, be the leader....im all for it. Just get him players.

I think that the Chiefs will beat the Patriots, it will hurt without Maclin....but how crazy would it be if the Chiefs make the SuperBowl after starting the season 1-5.