Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles A Factor In Wide-Open NFC East

2nd interview for Coughlin today. Imo hiring him is meh as there are some intriguing assistants still playing - Goodwin from the Cards and Bevell from the Hawks to name a few. At this point there is no upside to Coughlin, he is what he is so we know what we're getting - an average coach. BEFORE the 2 SB peeps start flaming, take a look at those teams NY won with and the state of the teams they played to get there - not very dominating or impressive. Timing, luck and good fortune paved the way. HIring Coughlin will give us a few avg seasons, for me I'd at least pick the minds of those candidates we can't interview yet.

@BG - The reason I keep saying "Lurie wants to win now" is because that is what the article concerning Coughlin stated. I didn't bring the whole article over.

BTW - Eli signed a 4 yr contract, his 2016 cap hit is 24.2 mil, ouch!

IMO no player should get paid 15% of the team's salary cap, that's just too much.

Kinda with you BG regarding Shurmur as the players want him. Nobody's come calling for him so it couldn't hurt at least interviewing a few of the guys still playing. If the choice was simply between Coughlin and Shurmur, I'd take Shurmur.

MJK....honestly I have talked myself into Shurmur this has been an extremely disappointing coaching search IMO I mean not going to say who we hire will fail but I thought at the very least we would talk to more guys

Since 2011 the gnats have won 9, 7, 6, 6 games, ummmmmm that's actually below avg.

Not saying Coughlin will be good or not, but Andy was 8 & 4 his last 2 years in Philly before going 11,9,11 in KC.

I just remember watching AZ put up a 40 burger on us and several other teams, they've gotten beat on D. Seattle put a whooping on them. Why not include Goodwin and Bevell in the search?

Tom Coughlin if hired would have to get an entirely new coaching staff his guys stayed in NY with McAdoo apparently and are under contract

Not really, Shurmur stays as the OC, Duce the RB coach, Fipp stays on as ST's coach, Stoutland and then there's Undlin. So we'd need what? WR's coach, DC and what else?

@PH - Do you know what the cap hit would be on Manning for the rest of his contract. I mean the other three years.

@1958 - Or Vic Fangio? The five years Fangio was at the 49er's they were in the top five defensives for 4 of those years.

Who says the Eagles are settling? You can't get too wrapped up in all the media speculation on who the HC will/should be. Hell, it could still be Doug Pederson.