Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Corleone

49ers hire Chip Kelly as next HC

After a thorough search, Trent & I are thrilled to announce Chip Kelly as the new #HeadCoach of the @49ers

"What? We weren't spurned by Hue Jackson, who picked the Browns over us. We wanted Chip Kelly all along."

Was told reliably that Chip Kelly considered trading for Kap, so assuming the salary makes sense the partnership could be really good.

They ran Harbaugh out of town because he & Baalke couldn't play nice.  This ought to be good.

Well, TATE said all season long that they'd like to see Kelly & Kaepernick together this year ... looks like they got their wish.

You guys can laugh...

but Chip Kelly will be making the playoffs in 3 seasons while The Eagles will be searching for yet another coach.

Welcome to Brownsville.

You guys can laugh...

but Chip Kelly will be making the playoffs in 3 seasons while The Eagles will be searching for yet another coach.

Welcome to Brownsville.

You remember when you said the day Kelly was fired that you would stop comparing us to the Browns after a day. It's after that day.

You guys can laugh...

Welcome to Brownsville.

As he plotted potential moves & his next @NFL stop, Chip Kelly was trying to figure out how to trade for/sign Colin Kaepernick. No need now.

Glad they fired him before he brought Kaepernick here

You guys can laugh...

Welcome to Brownsville.

:fishing:

with seattle and arizona in that division, he will be lucky to win 6 games a year.

You remember when you said the day Kelly was fired that you would stop comparing us to the Browns after a day. It's after that day.

The Eagles haven't made it any better for me.

They are still The Browns.

Maybe if they hire a coach and keep him for more than 2 seasons, I'll consider not calling them that.

Maybe if they hire a coach and keep him for more than 2 seasons, I'll consider not calling them that.

Who was the last coach the Eagles had for only 2 seasons or less and what year was it?

funny how a lot of you are laughing about this move. Don't be surprised when you find out he may have learned from his mistakes here and the 49ers are in the playoffs next season

So you'll be doing this for at least two years then. Good to know.

Who was the last coach the Eagles had for only 2 seasons or less and what year was it?

Lurie's last coach would have been Kotite. Technically, Kotite was HC a bit longer, but only coached for one season under Lurie's ownership

No one.

But since Mr. Lurie just started caving to the impatient fans, expect this very thing.

So you'll be doing this for at least two years then. Good to know.

Yes.

Why don't you let me know when to not call them The Browns anymore?

Lurie's last coach would have been Kotite. Technically, Kotite was HC a bit longer, but only coached for one season under Lurie's ownership

Kotite coached 4 years. The Rhodes 4 years. Then Andy.

Before Kotite was Campbell for 3. And before him was Vermiel.

No one.

But since Mr. Lurie just started caving to the impatient fans, expect this very thing.

Yes.

Why don't you let me know when to not call them The Browns anymore?

Or the next coach will be the next Reid and Chip will be a blip on the radar like your premature overreaction. There's no way to predict these things.

Kotite coached 4 years. The Rhodes 4 years. Then Andy.

Before Kotite was Campbell for 3. And before him was Vermiel.

right but only 1 year under Lurie's ownership

right but only 1 year under Lurie's ownership

So what? He kept the incumbent 1 year then axed him. Has nothing to do with the arguement.