Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Corleone

49ers hire Chip Kelly as next HC

Maybe I should stop calling The Eagles, The Browns.

The Browns hired a coach.

They have more practice hiring coaches they should be fast.

So what? He kept the incumbent 1 year then axed him. Has nothing to do with the arguement.

My thing is... the fans will not allow a team to be built.

Once this new coach doesn't make the playoffs in 2 seasons, the impatient fans will want him fired and Mr. Lurie will cave in.

Now... this new coach should make the playoffs in this division with some added players.

No need to overhaul the roster.

But if he doesn't...   Brownsville.

Jokes on those, myself included, that laughed because there was only interest from one team. Turns out he probably knew the job was his so he didn't feel the need to interview elsewhere. Well played Chipper.

Word is Kelly doesn't have a say in personnel, but will decide the fates of the current OC and DC. We all know he's much better off not making personnel moves. Hopefully for him, he's learned his lesson in Philly and will seek better relationships with his players and not trying to circumvent the GM's authority. 

funny how a lot of you are laughing about this move. Don't be surprised when you find out he may have learned from his mistakes here and the 49ers are in the playoffs next season

:roll: i hope he and Andy meet in the Super Bowl next year

My thing is... the fans will not allow a team to be built.

Once this new coach doesn't make the playoffs in 2 seasons, the impatient fans will want him fired and Mr. Lurie will cave in.

Now... this new coach should make the playoffs in this division with some added players.

No need to overhaul the roster.

But if he doesn't...   Brownsville.

are you seriously complaining about Chip getting canned?

The team was moving in the wrong direction...it was a bad hire...it happens, but give Lurie credit for not sticking with him out of stubbornness and cutting bait.

the way Chip was screwing up as GM you guys would have won 3-4 games next year

I have a better shot at becoming a billionaire than for that too happen.

are you seriously complaining about Chip getting canned?

The team was moving in the wrong direction...it was a bad hire...it happens, but give Lurie credit for not sticking with him out of stubbornness and cutting bait.

the way Chip was screwing up as GM you guys would have won 3-4 games next year

I think BronxEagles's complaint is the way the eagles front office is set up. He's insinuating that no coach can be successful here with their hierarchy. Bronx just goes about it in an annoying way.  ;)

BronxEagle, on 14 Jan 2016 - 3:07 PM, said:BronxEagle, on 14 Jan 2016 - 3:07 PM, said:

No one.

But since Mr. Lurie just started caving to the impatient fans, expect this very thing.

Didn't see any evidence Lurie caved to the fans.    You might as well call yourself a reporter now  -  just throw out a bunch of made-up crap as fact.

Didn't see any evidence Lurie caved to the fans. You might as well call yourself a reporter now - just throw out a bunch of made-up crap as fact.

Let's make a list of all the times Lurie caved to the fans, I'll go first:

That time at the draft when they chose Ricky Williams.

I think BronxEagles's complaint is the way the eagles front office is set up. He's insinuating that no coach can be successful here with their hierarchy. Bronx just goes about it in an annoying way. ;)

no he blames the fans in every single thread on this entire board

Anyone want to make a sig bet? Kaepernick is going to have a comeback player of the year type of season.

I'd take that bet. There's Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, and maybe a Baltimore player or two who can compete for it.

Looks like Kelly made out pretty good, collected $13 Million from the Eagles, then goes to an amazing city in San Francisco.

I think he will do great in SF, where he can just concentrate on doing what he does best, coaching.

It's a great fit for him.

I think Gabbert will still be the starting QB not Kaepernick.

Looks like Kelly made out pretty good, collected $13 Million from the Eagles, then goes to an amazing city in San Francisco.

I think he will do great in SF, where he can just concentrate on doing what he does best, coaching.

It's a great fit for him.

I think Gabbert will still be the starting QB not Kaepernick.

Also he doesnt have the pressure to win now like he had here. They arent starved for a championship in SF. the niners have their share already and the Giants have a recent WS title. And the Warriors are on fire.

I'd take that bet. There's Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, and maybe a Baltimore player or two who can compete for it.

I'm not saying he'll win comeback player of the year, just that he'll have that type of a season. Now that I think about this though, I don't know how you make a wager on that

I'm not saying he'll win comeback player of the year, just that he'll have that type of a season. Now that I think about this though, I don't know how you make a wager on that

Don't try to back off now. Someone steps up to the plate to wager with you and now you're backpedaling :nonono:

Why would you wish for loneliness on the boards. This place would be a ghost town if that happened

Why would you wish for loneliness on the boards. This place would be a ghost town if that happened

Yeah...but sports talk radio would be solid gold around here.