Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Corleone

49ers hire Chip Kelly as next HC

If it's true, please explain how Howie is still employed.

He has pictures of Mr. Lurie in a drug induced sex rampage.

I actually think with an athletic QB like Kaep back there, Chip is in a much better position than he was in Philly. He can run it like the old Oregon days. He could not do that with Sam Bradford. I think when he got Sam, he was just messing with Philly at that point and trading all their good players laughing on the way out the door. 

Actually, I could see him loving Kaep and Gabbert. 

I actually think with an athletic QB like Kaep back there, Chip is in a much better position than he was in Philly. He can run it like the old Oregon days. He could not do that with Sam Bradford. I think when he got Sam, he was just messing with Philly at that point and trading all their good players laughing on the way out the door. 

Actually, I could see him loving Kaep and Gabbert. 

he wasn't toying with anyone...he was just taking a shot in the dark with Bradford. Truth be told, if he had not misjudged the talent at WR and on the OL they would have won 9-10 games last year....as much as I rag on Sam Bradford, he was not the problem down the stretch

he wasn't toying with anyone...he was just taking a shot in the dark with Bradford. Truth be told, if he had not misjudged the talent at WR and on the OL they would have won 9-10 games last year....as much as I rag on Sam Bradford, he was not the problem down the stretch

Try telling that in Tate.

But since Mr. Lurie just started caving to the impatient fans, expect this very thing.

:huh:

Pretty sure fans have nothing to do with Mr. Personality getting the axe. He couldn't get along with anyone in the FO it seems and his team syopped playing for him... DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE FORESKINS GAME?

I'm half expecting some 49ers fans to start popping in to ask our opinions of Chip.

Or supporting a new team now  <_<

Which one of you toggafs posted this on the Niners MB?

"Hi all. Philly fan, now brand new 49er fan here. Eagles first as always but as of yesterday now also going to turn die hard 49er. I'll be surfing through threads here, posting where I can, as I get to know your team. The bottom line is, I think you should be excited, and I firmly believe Chip got a raw deal. 

I'm on the outside of most Eagle fans' thoughts on Kelly, but I think that's a load of @#$% he got canned after one year getting full roster control. Our owner Jeff Lurie is notoriously, to a fault, a slow and methodical thinker yet he made quite the shocking and rash decision. Boom Kelly is out. Totally out of character. So as a fan you're left to wonder what is going on??

What happened was it was more a personality clash. Front office wrangling. So you have to figure out who is right and who is wrong.

Ok so back up a sec. Our GM, Howie Roseman, is a bean counter who came up through the accounting and contracts side of things. Not a football guy. But was made GM years ago for some reason and has some pretty bad drafts. Chip, and his guys, are football guys. Recipe for disaster right there. Behind the scenes not everyone getting along. Howie cans Chip's guy, Tom Gamble. Chip fires back and wrestles control away from Roseman, getting Lurie to give in (the thinking being after two 10-6 seasons Chip was gonna walk and the owner had to give in). So Roseman is demoted, with a raise, and even had his office moved to the other side of the building (That makes you like Kelly even more). So much for that whole Abraham Lincoln thing about constituting a "gang of rivals" in governance. Oops.

Now Chip makes some bold moves. Lets go of popular guys who tend to be mouthy and are guaranteed a few embarrassing incidents off the field, but they produced on the field. He's famously now was quoted as saying culture beats talent and scheme. He also though makes some deals to get more value per dollar regarding players and one to allegedly acquire ammo to attempt to move up in the draft to get Mariota, but it's not enough, the Titans said no soap anyway, and we end up with a qb who is questionable at best. 

We have an up and down season that closes in disaster. 

We find out that behind the scenes however that while he is very proactive in what he wants and wants to control, Chip outside of the press, off the field etc is kind of an introverted guy. He's not gonna bear hug you. He apparently doesn't sit down at lunch and ask to be on a player's Facebook. He doesn't slap you on the back and ask how's the kids while passing in the hallway. He's in his own thoughts and his own mental schedule.

Now, our players took GREAT offense to this.

Are you kidding me???? 

So he was basically ostracized. Because he doesn't I guess pull shower pranks and jump on guys' backs in between meetings. He's cold. He's accused of being insensitive. Our methodical and exhaustive searching owner declares after Kelly's firing one thing he needs in the new coach is emotional intelligence. No joke. That's part of what he's now looking for. All because our whiny players complained Kelly will walk past you in his own thoughts and not say Hi. Are you KIDDING ME?!?! Unfortunately no, true story, it's all over many articles. 

The REAL bottom line comes down to this: Kelly was college coach, coaching 19 year old kids who could run and execute what he wants like a well oiled precision MACHINE. He gets to the pros, and these pros can't catch a football. They can't throw a football properly. 50(!) dropped passes. The pros get stupid penalties. Ill-timed interceptions bc of miscommunication with pro players. The pro running backs can't pick the right hole to cut up in. The pros arm tackle because they're soft. The 19 year olds, with no pro contract, executed and loved fighting above their weight. These pros, who get upset bc he doesn't apparently kiss their rear end can't execute basic football. 

THAT's the deal, the real story of our season and the trashing Kelly is getting, and it's %$#@. It really was the players fault. But Kelly rubbed so many in the front office including the owner the wrong way with demands and control, yes to Kelly's fault, and coupled with the poor performing mind you players complaining, led to him getting the axe. And you know what? Good for him, best thing that could have happened.

In fairness, he struggled in his vision and player acquisition as the GM. Some things were pretty bad. But in my eyes it was the wanna-be-spoiled chumps that are the current Eagle players. And the chumps got their way.

Now stripped of roster control, and I don't know if Balke is any good, but Chip getting back to just running the show on the field and locker room and not laying the seeds and inventing an entire culture, I firmly believe you guys are gonna take off big time. 

And good for him. And you guys. I'm on board and now a 49er fan. I hope he crushes it.

And our Iggles just hired.... Doug Pederson in a coaching search that started with firing the coach a week early to get a head start, conducting mostly in house interviews though, having a power structure where the bean counter has now been promoted back to GM and the top candidates are saying no thanks, no second interviews conducted, giving a guy who no one else was even looking at the job to save face when 2 major hires, SF and NY announce, and the next best candidate says no thanks...... so you publicly decide on a guy at the same time as those hires to try to not look foolish and just look more foolish in doing so. That's how the new coach was hired. So much for that intellectual methodical coaching hire. 

How do you like Chip now? You're gonna like him a lot and I can't wait to learn your team, problems and all, watch who you draft, who you guys argue they should draft and cut and keep and then watch the preseason games that I can and then when you guys are our 4:00 game on Sundays and tune in, and be here from the beginning. 

So yeah, Hello from the east coast."

I have friends who are Chiefs fans.

When they got Reid, I told them they got a great coach who was just burnt out of Philly after 14 years.

I have friends who are 49ers fans.

I told them they got themselves a loser.

Sadly I like the 9ers and like for them to be good when they are not playing the Eagles. So now chip is gonna ruin 2 of my teams in a row. This is torture