Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

It's fun, isn't it?

:excited:

It's ok.

There were things that frustrated me about Chip, but I'm not into the whole mob hate whining like you guys are.

:lol:

It's ok.

There were things that frustrated me about Chip, but I'm not into the whole mob hate whining like you guys are.

I just do it for fun. I'm glad he's out of here, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking up ways to hate on him.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Grant Cohn believes the 49ers are internally pulling for Blaine Gabbert to beat out Colin Kaepernick for the team's starting quarterback job.

Cohn notes the 49ers aren't even publishing pictures of Kaepernick on their website, which Cohn believes is "symbolic" and indicative of the 49ers wanting Kaepernick to "fade into the background, drop off the edge." Cohn believes the 49ers' front office and team are "tired of" Kaepernick and "want Gabbert to be the starting quarterback and the face of the franchise." Cohn goes so far as to suggest the 49ers hope to demote Kaepernick to third string in order to avoid paying his per-game roster bonuses. Although it's still very early in the offseason, Gabbert looks like the tentative favorite to start under new coach Chip Kelly.

It's ok.

I was all in on Kelly to change the NFL and turn it on it's head.  Yet Kelly had a knack of ridding players that made the 2013 season a playoff season.  The Eagles never drafted an OL since Lane Johnson during his three seasons here, after Kelly cut two important pieces to the line with no explanation.  

When Kelly gave up a second round pick, and Nick Foles for a QB with glass knees on my birthday, I kept my anger internal.  I trusted that Chip had a plan, and I would see it unfold by September. 

Chip Kelly is a quitter, when things don't go his way.  He didn't care about the 2015 Eagles season, and did everything possible to piss off the owner.  It worked.  For once in his life as the owner of the Eagles, Lurie knew that Chip was "mailing it in".  Kelly's offense made Rich Kotite's ACE offense look complex.  

What made me love Kelly is that you can win in the NFL like the Packers of the 60's, the Dolphins of the 70's, and the Redskins of the 80's with simple running plays.  The problem with Kelly is he kept cutting the talent that allowed his simple running plays to work,  and never replaced those people with equal talent he wanted released.  Chip is not a people person, that's his downfall.  

Good luck San Francisco. 

So another TATER opens a thread to hate on Chip Kelly because according to TATE, The 49ers were suppose to implode by now.

:roll:

So another TATER opens a thread to hate on Chip Kelly because according to TATE, The 49ers were suppose to implode by now.

I have a feeling that Chip will have success in San Fran after the failed experiment here. Tough division though so they will be battle tested.

Who said the Niners would implode by now?  How can a professional team implode before training camp even starts?  I feel like you're making this up.

Who said the Niners would implode by now?  How can a professional team implode before training camp even starts?  I feel like you're making this up.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...  because that was never said on these boards about Chip Kelly ever.

:roll:  :roll:

I sometimes wonder if TATERS read their own bullcrap.

The minute Chip Kelly was fired the by Eagles, I thought that he would have success at his next stop by learning from the mistakes made here. He was always a great coach.

However he did himself no favors by taking over a team in a brutal division. The 49ers are seriously low on talent and have Blaine Gabbert as their QB. He will have a tough time winning more than 4 games in my opinion.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...  because that was never said on these boards about Chip Kelly ever.

I sometimes wonder if TATERS read their own bullcrap.

What, that the team would "implode" before training camp even starts?  Nah, that's something you made up.  I do believe that you believe it was said.  You have a very active imagination.

The minute Chip Kelly was fired the by Eagles, I thought that he would have success at his next stop by learning from the mistakes made here. He was always a great coach.

TATE doesn't share your sentiment.

He was suppose F up their free agency and their draft before the season, and should have been fired by now.

What, that the team would "implode" before training camp even starts?  Nah, that's something you made up.  I do believe that you believe it was said.  You have a very active imagination.

Yeah...

I made it up...  ok.

Chip's failures here really didn't take hold until he was given the keys to the personnel dept. 

If he didn't get rid of those talented skill players he inherited from Reid, Kelly still might be here.

Chip's failures here really didn't take hold until he was given the keys to the personnel dept. 

If he didn't get rid of those talented skill players he inherited from Reid, Kelly still might be here.

Truth.

Don't forget...

he was also racist, a homosexual, and he didn't get along with his players.

Heck if he'd just drafted a couple of guards he might still be here.

Don't forget...

he was also racist, a homosexual, and he didn't get along with his players.

Well, he definitely didn't get along with his players. I don't know about that other stuff. 

This is true, but I saw oil leaking by his 2nd season here. We see that 10-6 record, but we forget all the games with that sputtering offense where the ST or a Defensive turnover bailed us out of a crappy situation. Handing him the keys was basically tying the noose...but only Chip's 1st season gave me confidence...after that it was a quick decline. 

Well, he definitely didn't get along with his players. I don't know about that other stuff. 

As far as not getting along with all the players... You definitely don't know that.

None of us do.

The other stuff was gossipy crap, but some fans took it as fact.