Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Leave the jokes to me.

You're horrible at it.

So that didn't happen?  I just made it up?  Yeah, OK.

:roll: :roll:

So that didn't happen?  I just made it up?  Yeah, OK.

:roll: :roll:

Yeah...

whatever.

I don't even know how "imploding before the season" manifests itself. 

Riiiiight!

I was the one that said it.

:lol:

Seriously...

do you guys even bother reading the crap posted in here?

Well if so many posted why don't you quote 5 examples? That should be easy since it was so prevalent.

I think you'll see Chip changes his ways, no more hurry up, expanded playbook and improved social intelligence.

players are already quoting how fast his offense is and how simple it is and it's just like college. If he can't play at his pace he has no offense. It is simple as that when it comes to his so called innovation

players are already quoting how fast his offense is and how simple it is and it's just like college. If he can't play at his pace he has no offense. It is simple as that when it comes to his so called innovation

Yeah, I think "pace" IS his offense. 

Yeah, I think "pace" IS his offense.

and he needs to many of the right pieces to sustain that pace. I think that was the biggest problem down the stretch with the Eagles. Some of them were to old or just not mentally tough enough toof keep going at that speed. I feel it's really hard for the younger guys to adjust so fast play to play they are not experienced enough to know what the defense is doing to make the adjustments on the fly like that. I think that was the biggest reason for all the offensive line mistakes and also the lack of focus from the receiving core. The game is fast enough for them and when you make it even faster they are not staying focused. Not trying to make excuses for some of the poor play of our receivers but, I think that had a lot to do with it

and he needs to many of the right pieces to sustain that pace. I think that was the biggest problem down the stretch with the Eagles. Some of them were to old or just not mentally tough enough toof keep going at that speed. I feel it's really hard for the younger guys to adjust so fast play to play they are not experienced enough to know what the defense is doing to make the adjustments on the fly like that. I think that was the biggest reason for all the offensive line mistakes and also the lack of focus from the receiving core. The game is fast enough for them and when you make it even faster they are not staying focused. Not trying to make excuses for some of the poor play of our receivers but, I think that had a lot to do with it

I think elements of up-tempo offense are fine. Use it when it's convenient. But maybe there are no right pieces to sustain that pace...and maybe that's why other coaches aren't utilizing it the way Chip does. 

There's also the fact that his whole "hand signals" playcalling is tied to that....and because his playcalling has to be done by hand signals, you get that smaller "simpler" playbook that defenses seem to figure out by Week 7. 

And I also think that it has a negative effect on the defense because part of the quick offense is the occasional quick 3-and-out. 

It's all stuff we've already covered. But overall, as I said in the beginning, I don't know if there is a "right piece". His best year was when he was new, and a lot of the positives wore off as teams started to figure out what we were doing. 

I think elements of up-tempo offense are fine. Use it when it's convenient. But maybe there are no right pieces to sustain that pace...and maybe that's why other coaches aren't utilizing it the way Chip does.

There's also the fact that his whole "hand signals" playcalling is tied to that....and because his playcalling has to be done by hand signals, you get that smaller "simpler" playbook that defenses seem to figure out by Week 7.

And I also think that it has a negative effect on the defense because part of the quick offense is the occasional quick 3-and-out.

It's all stuff we've already covered. But overall, as I said in the beginning, I don't know if there is a "right piece". His best year was when he was new, and a lot of the positives wore off as teams started to figure out what we were doing.

absolutely and even our own team was getting cranky with it after a while

I think you'll see Chip changes his ways, no more hurry up, expanded playbook and improved social intelligence. 

He makes Andy Reid look flexible, no chance. 

Chip Kelly can't succeed in the NFL because he will never land a proven DC.  I believe Billy Davis in 2015 with the Eagles would've had a great defense if the head coach was a normal WCO offensive HC.  Jim O'Neill is doomed to failure, and the Niners defense is in shambles. 

Chip Kelly's problem is he doesn't like people who question his tactics, and he's vindictive. Chip Kelly took a 4-12 Eagles team with the same talent in 2013, and they won 10 games with a playoff berth.   Kelly's playbook can work, if you have the talent on the OL to block.  By 2015 the guards were third string at best under Reid.  Not to mention why did Kelly keep running Murray to the sideline when a simple I-formation offense would've improved his production?  

I don't think Chip Kelly has learned anything.  

Good luck, San Francisco. 

He makes Andy Reid look flexible, no chance. 

Chip Kelly can't succeed in the NFL because he will never land a proven DC.  I believe Billy Davis in 2015 with the Eagles would've had a great defense if the head coach was a normal WCO offensive HC.  Jim O'Neill is doomed to failure, and the Niners defense is in shambles. 

Chip Kelly's problem is he doesn't like people who question his tactics, and he's vindictive. Chip Kelly took a 4-12 Eagles team with the same talent in 2013, and they won 10 games with a playoff berth.   Kelly's playbook can work, if you have the talent on the OL to block.  By 2015 the guards were third string at best under Reid.  Not to mention why did Kelly keep running Murray to the sideline when a simple I-formation offense would've improved his production?  

I don't think Chip Kelly has learned anything.  

Good luck, San Francisco. 

Yup...

nobody says they'll implode.

Yup...

nobody says they'll implode.

None of those quotes mentioned it happening this off season though, which was the point of contention earlier.

None of those quotes mentioned it happening this off season though, which was the point of contention earlier.

:roll:

So it was said but not that it was happening this off season.

I stand corrected.  :lol:

(Even though it was a joke to get ya'll riled up... you guys wouldn't know a joke if it bit your balls because you're just miserable people and have no feeling there)

KZ and Lloyd made attempts but the attempts were repugnant. 

It was just bad.

The hate is magnificent.

So it was said but not that it was happening this off season.

I stand corrected.  :lol:

(Even though it was a joke to get ya'll riled up... you guys wouldn't know a joke if it bit your balls because you're just miserable people and have no feeling there)

Now let me ask you...   isn't it still stupid?

The hate is magnificent.

I think the bigger question, is why do you care so much? You seem to get annoyed when people accuse you of just being a Chip fan, which you constantly deny, but then you seem to seek out every negative post about him to come running to his defense.

I'm not saying he did nothing good for us, but he also did a lot bad, and he got progressively worse every season, and took no responsibility for it. People have every right to dislike or criticize him.

I think the bigger question, is why do you care so much? You seem to get annoyed when people accuse you of just being a Chip fan, which you constantly deny, but then you seem to seek out every negative post about him to come running to his defense.

I'm not saying he did nothing good for us, but he also did a lot bad, and he got progressively worse every season, and took no responsibility for it. People have every right to dislike or criticize him.

Why do you care?

I'm not really commenting on you, am I?

Why I do it?

I just can't stand hypocrisy and hypocrites deserve it.

The hate for Chip has reached colossal levels.

Why do you care?

I'm not really commenting on you, am I?

Why I do it?

I just can't stand hypocrisy and hypocrites deserve it.

The hate for Chip has reached colossal levels.

What hypocrisy is there in hating or disliking Chip?

I'm not following you on that.

What hypocrisy is there in hating or disliking Chip?

I'm not following you on that.

Get used to that. Bronx is all over the place.

Pretty soon he will start calling us Cleveland again and tell you how Chip will win in the playoffs before we will.

Pretty soon he will start calling us Cleveland again and tell you how Chip will win in the playoffs before we will.

It's the cirrrrrrcle of lifeeeeeeeee...

Circle-of-life-the-lion-king-33812886-72

It's apparent while we in the states were watching the last eight weeks of the 2015 Eagles season, Bronx was enjoying a vacation on a remote Greek island.  I can't hammer enough nails in Bronx's  head that I LIKED CHIP KELLY UNTIL IT WAS OBVIOUS HE WAS MAILING IT IN; CHIP QUIT ON THE EAGLES.   

How amazing was it that after Chip was fired, Pat Shurmer is head coach for one week against the Giants.  Demarco Murray running from the I-formation has his best average per carry at 5.8 yards for the season.  Who knew that concept of putting round pegs in round holes.   Kelly was doing that in 2013, and he tanked the Eagles in 2015 on purpose.  

Demarco Murray running from the I-formation has his best average per carry at 5.8 yards for the season.  

Timeout.  He had 1 carry for 54 yards (that literally anyone could do, he had a hole the size of a mack track directly right up the middle.  Didn't even have to make a cut until he got to the 3rd level of the defense), and then another 11 carries for 15 yards.   Let's not act like that game was a success for Murray.  He was ineffective all game except for 1 run that an undrafted rookie could have made.

And do you remember the Saints game?  Murray ran out of I-formation the majority of the game, and got nothing.  He had like 11 carries from I-formation for about 20 yards, and 9 carries from shotgun for about 60.    

There goes the lying hypocrisy again.

It's the cirrrrrrcle of lifeeeeeeeee...

Circle-of-life-the-lion-king-33812886-72

Ummm....  yeeeeah.

I guess this was suppose to be funny.    <_<

Ok...  I like to laugh at any joke or insult directed at me, but you, KZ, and Drew seem like miserable limp Ds.

Ya'll can't take or a crack a joke to save your know-it-all lives.

You add the Chip Kelly hate and well...     it's very sad.

Which ironically cracks me up, but I do feel bad for your significant others who are forced to live and deal with you guys.

People need umbrellas to hang around you guys.

Well it's Friday so why not?  I dug up the threads when Chip was hired by the 49ers to compile what the fan reactions were like.  I couldn't find anything on the team imploding before the season though.  Links below and some quotes.

Chip Kelly met with the 49ers.

49ers hire Chip Kelly as next HC

Some quotes:about his chances of success one way or another:  A lot of replies were simply "LOL" or joke suggestions of trading for Oregon players.

I could see him landing there. I think the SF job is one of the best on the table. He'll also revitalize the career of Colin Kaepernick. - The Talon

I'd be willing to bet you $100 that if he goes to SF the Niners will go further than we will next year. - The Talon

I want him in that job. Kaep and Kelly is a recipe for failure. - skippyx

Perfect for chip, team is already dismantled he can't make it any worse, only one way to go from there up:)  - Kendricks95

Well he created this mess. Teams are afraid of him now. No one knows what to expect from this guy. - bwestbrook36

And then make the playoffs in 3 seasons while The Eagles will be looking for yet another coach. - BronxEagle

Or the next coach will be the next Reid and Chip will be a blip on the radar like your premature overreaction. There's no way to predict these things. - boogyman

Anyone want to make a sig bet? Kaepernick is going to have a comeback player of the year type of season. - Jefetio

I think he will do great in SF, where he can just concentrate on doing what he does best, coaching.  It's a great fit for him. - Nightmare

Well, at least the 49ers will be interesting again. - L.E.

I have friends who are 49ers fans.  I told them they got themselves a loser. - skippyx

Conclusion:

• Some laughing, joking trades.
  • Some predictions that Chip will make the playoffs
  • Some predictions Kaep will do well with Chip
  • Some predictions that Chip and Kaep will fail (no specifics about win/loss or at what point in the season that might be proven)
  • No mention of imploding before the season

Procus started this poll thread:  Will Chip succeed in a new HC job in the NFL?

44% - Yes

37% - No

19% - Other

Check the thread for some more quotes both for and against like:

He can suceed if he adapts to the NFL style and changes himself and how he treats others.  - robnail (R.I.P.)

I've always figured he'd use his first stint in the NFL to sort of get things figured out, then go be great somewhere else. I think some other team will be really happy to have him in about 5 years. - L.E.

Hes a college gimmick bs coach with no chance of succeeding in the NFL. - E v 2.0

If he doesn't change his attitude then no - The Godfather

I think if Chip is under a good GM who doesn't make crazy moves but gets the players Chip needs, and Chip can learn to work well with others he can have success. - NOTW  :wub:

He may someday be a Superbowl coach. he's not ready now. - BCEagle

I put other, because I feel his success will be contingent on whether or not he 1.) sticks to just coaching and 2.) adjusts to the complexities of the NFL game. - SagaMask13

He'll have to adapt, but he's a good coach. With talent and a better DC, he will succeed. - RastaPasta