Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Well it's Friday so why not?  I dug up the threads when Chip was hired by the 49ers to compile what the fan reactions were like.

It was more fun when I thought everyone said the 49ers were supposed to have imploded by now. Thanks a lot ya big party pooper. <_<

I'm not going to lie, I was hoping it would happen.  I'm just curious as to what a pre-training camp team implosion looks like.

In an interview with KNBR on Friday, 49ers coach Chip Kelly said he's had "great interaction" with Colin Kaepernick.

"On a football level and on a day-to-day basis and how we get along, it’s been fantastic," said Kelly. "We haven’t had any ‘elephants in the room’ or anything to speak of from that standpoint." That's what we'd expect Kelly to say, though it does sound like the disgruntled Kaepernick is at least trying to get on the same page with his new head coach. Kaepernick had a few suitors earlier this offseason but his trade market has dried up since the draft. The two sides are stuck with each other and might as well make the most of it.

Well now that Chip has a running QB he can really open up the playbook and maximize the offense right?

Well it's Friday so why not?  I dug up the threads when Chip was hired by the 49ers to compile what the fan reactions were like.  I couldn't find anything on the team imploding before the season though.  Links below and some quotes.

Chip Kelly met with the 49ers.

49ers hire Chip Kelly as next HC

Some quotes:about his chances of success one way or another:  A lot of replies were simply "LOL" or joke suggestions of trading for Oregon players.

I could see him landing there. I think the SF job is one of the best on the table. He'll also revitalize the career of Colin Kaepernick. - The Talon

I'd be willing to bet you $100 that if he goes to SF the Niners will go further than we will next year. - The Talon

I want him in that job. Kaep and Kelly is a recipe for failure. - skippyx

Perfect for chip, team is already dismantled he can't make it any worse, only one way to go from there up:)  - Kendricks95

Well he created this mess. Teams are afraid of him now. No one knows what to expect from this guy. - bwestbrook36

And then make the playoffs in 3 seasons while The Eagles will be looking for yet another coach. - BronxEagle

Or the next coach will be the next Reid and Chip will be a blip on the radar like your premature overreaction. There's no way to predict these things. - boogyman

Anyone want to make a sig bet? Kaepernick is going to have a comeback player of the year type of season. - Jefetio

I think he will do great in SF, where he can just concentrate on doing what he does best, coaching.  It's a great fit for him. - Nightmare

Well, at least the 49ers will be interesting again. - L.E.

I have friends who are 49ers fans.  I told them they got themselves a loser. - skippyx

Conclusion:

• Some laughing, joking trades.
  • Some predictions that Chip will make the playoffs
  • Some predictions Kaep will do well with Chip
  • Some predictions that Chip and Kaep will fail (no specifics about win/loss or at what point in the season that might be proven)
  • No mention of imploding before the season

Procus started this poll thread:  Will Chip succeed in a new HC job in the NFL?

44% - Yes

37% - No

19% - Other

Check the thread for some more quotes both for and against like:

He can suceed if he adapts to the NFL style and changes himself and how he treats others.  - robnail (R.I.P.)

I've always figured he'd use his first stint in the NFL to sort of get things figured out, then go be great somewhere else. I think some other team will be really happy to have him in about 5 years. - L.E.

Hes a college gimmick bs coach with no chance of succeeding in the NFL. - E v 2.0

If he doesn't change his attitude then no - The Godfather

I think if Chip is under a good GM who doesn't make crazy moves but gets the players Chip needs, and Chip can learn to work well with others he can have success. - NOTW  :wub:

He may someday be a Superbowl coach. he's not ready now. - BCEagle

I put other, because I feel his success will be contingent on whether or not he 1.) sticks to just coaching and 2.) adjusts to the complexities of the NFL game. - SagaMask13

He'll have to adapt, but he's a good coach. With talent and a better DC, he will succeed. - RastaPasta

Nobody said the situation with Chip would implode and he wouldn't be successful anywhere.

Nobody said this on these boards.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Ok.

Nobody said the situation with Chip would implode and he wouldn't be successful anywhere.

Ok.

Some people said he would fail. Some said he would succeed. You've been generalizing that all of TATE says a certain thing.

Some people said he would fail. Some said he would succeed. You've been generalizing that all of TATE says a certain thing.

And you have a problem with this because...?

TATE generalize all the time.

And you have a problem with this because...?

TATE generalize all the time.

I just call it out whenever i see it. Your last sentence is ironic! :roll:

I just call it out whenever i see it. Your last sentence is ironic! :roll:

So do I.

As far as TATE...   fight fire with fire.

So you think I generalize all the time, huh?

Cool.

Chip Kellys career will be eerily similar to Dennis Erickson, when it's all said and done.

Success at Oregon, ended pro career in San Francisco.

Gimmicky bust.

There goes the lying hypocrisy again.

:roll:

Ummm.... yeeeeah.

I guess this was suppose to be funny. <_<

Ok... I like to laugh at any joke or insult directed at me, but you, KZ, and Drew seem like miserable limp Ds.

Ya'll can't take or a crack a joke to save your know-it-all lives.

You add the Chip Kelly hate and well... it's very sad.

Which ironically cracks me up, but I do feel bad for your significant others who are forced to live and deal with you guys.

People need umbrellas to hang around you guys.

Bronx getting all butt hurt and projecting now.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Ok.

Listen, Diaz.  

You made the stupid claim that people said that Chip Kelly would have the 49ers imploding by training camp. Then you kept repeating it. And now you're trying to shift it as if no one is noticing. 

Just own up to it ya silly goose. 

So do I.

As far as TATE... fight fire with fire.

So you think I generalize all the time, huh?

Cool.

No, I don't. Just that sentence itself was generalizing all of TATE.

Too many people online lump everyone together based on the few, jump to extreme conclusions or make up fake arguments that no one is making (straw man).

By all means, call out the haters, the illogical and stupid. But realize that "not all..." :D

Chip driving people to retirement now. :ph34r:

49ers RB/ST Jarryd Hayne announced his retirement from football.

His plan is to train for the Olympics in rugby. "We fully support Jarryd’s decision to pursue another dream - representing the Fiji Rugby Sevens team in this summer’s Olympic games," GM Trent Baalke said in a statement. "We look forward to watching him in Rio and wish him continued success." Previously a pro rugby player, 28-year-old Hayne spent one season with the 49ers, appearing in eight games and rushing 17 times for 52 yards. He also returned eight punts for 76 yards.

Chip driving people to retirement now. :ph34r:

The hate is cataclysmic

No, I don't. Just that sentence itself was generalizing all of TATE.

Too many people online lump everyone together based on the few, jump to extreme conclusions or make up fake arguments that no one is making (straw man).

By all means, call out the haters, the illogical and stupid. But realize that "not all..." :D

BronxEagle knows he's losing the argument, and making up statements that people never posted, I'm "shocked"!  Logic slips his mind.  No one here posted that Chip Kelly would fail by training camp.  When you have to serve up red herrings to defend your illogical mockery of people who question the genius Chip Kelly, the argument is done. 

I predict the Niners will implode by mid-November.  You can mock me when you see Chip Kelly becoming the next Bill Belichick coaching a team with an FO that makes Howie Roseman look like Ron Wolf. 

Bronx is playing 3D chess while the rest of you play tiddlywinks. 

BronxEagle knows he's losing the argument, and making up statements that people never posted, I'm "shocked"!  Logic slips his mind.  No one here posted that Chip Kelly would fail by training camp.  When you have to serve up red herrings to defend your illogical mockery of people who question the genius Chip Kelly, the argument is done. 

I predict the Niners will implode by mid-November.  You can mock me when you see Chip Kelly becoming the next Bill Belichick coaching a team with an FO that makes Howie Roseman look like Ron Wolf. 

I'll mock you if they don't implode in November, you'll then say you never said it.

I happen to think Kelly will do a good job at the Niners but he needs to learn and he needs to change.

My friend is a huge Niners fan and he's not best pleased by the appointment. Especially after spending so much of the season mocking me.

But I think they'll be OK.

He needs to learn to handle big stars better otherwise he's doomed. You can't move on the big names all the time just because they have a voice. That's a mistake that I think he made in Philly and it cost him. He's got to accept that in the NFL some players have big personalities and will make themselves heard. These guys are professionals who in a lot of cases have been around a long time and know their stuff. They aren't college kids who want to do right by the coach to give them the best chance of one day playing in the NFL.

He's also got to increase the size of his playbook as its too predictable. Simple plays are great and effective but from time to time take a shot down field.

And he also needs to learn about clock management. Playing up tempo again is great but you put pressure on your defense if you can't keep the chains moving. In some situations just slow things down a bit and manage the clock.

He's got an extremely talented D to work with in San Fran and finally a mobile run option QB which is what he needs right?! Hang on this was the same guy that traded for Bradford right? Mr Immobile himself!

Anyway, I hope Chip does well in San Fran. Not too well and certainly no Lombardi before we've done it but I hope he's a success. A lot of his ideas and concepts are genius and you need guys like that to push the NFL on. You need these innovative guys with their new approaches to make franchises sit up and consider. I was glad when we announced he'd been sacked because it went sour in Philly but I do hope he's a success.

I'll mock you if they don't implode in November, you'll then say you never said it.

You will eat those words. What I don't understand is why you and acikid have completely lost your minds.

Unless Chip Kelly gets an ego transplant, this is not going to happen.

Extremely talented defense? Who? Bowman? Yeah that defense is in worse shape then what he had here

They've got a young and hungry defense who last season performed well. In a lot of games their defense kept it close, it was just that their offense was so bad they couldn't get it done. They like ours also spent a lot of time on the field because the offense didn't move the chains.