Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

It's funny to watch from a distance. But it just makes me think of how awful it must be to work around d-bags like Chip.

Here you have this peon sports reporter, probably making some freelance wage, and he's looking for a half decent quote to build an article around. Computer Chip sees the humanoid as a threat and instead of giving him some BS like, "Both are great football towns. SF has the legacy of Steve Young and Montana, and we're looking to build on that." Chip chooses to say, "Listen idiot, here's why I'm smart and standing at this podium, and here's why you're dumb and sweating amongst a pile of stinky reporters."

Eh, if the reporter was just trying to get a good quote of Chip talking about the legacy of San Fran, or the fans, or whatnot, he could have just asked him a question about the city, or about the team. By asking Chip to compare the two, I think he was looking for something where he could make a catchy gotcha headline for click bait.

Chip doesn't fall for stuff like that. And frankly chip just doesn't like talking about non football related stuff during press conferences. He'll break down a play, he'll explain what happened on a play, explain how it was set up, or explain what went wrong, probably in more detail than almost any other coach. But he doesn't like talking about stuff that doesn't relate to what actually happens on the field. And so when he gets questions like that, he responds with a sarcastic answer.

Eh, if the reporter was just trying to get a good quote of Chip talking about the legacy of San Fran, or the fans, or whatnot, he could have just asked him a question about the city, or about the team. By asking Chip to compare the two, I think he was looking for something where he could make a catchy gotcha headline for click bait.

Chip doesn't fall for stuff like that. And frankly chip just doesn't like talking about non football related stuff during press conferences. He'll break down a play, he'll explain what happened on a play, explain how it was set up, or explain what went wrong, probably in more detail than almost any other coach. But he doesn't like talking about stuff that doesn't relate to what actually happens on the field. And so when he gets questions like that, he responds with a sarcastic answer.

Well that's not a Chip thing. NONE of them "fall for it".  

You're a coach standing in front of a room of writers/reporters. You know what they're looking for and why they're asking you questions. They want juicy quotes. They want something they can write a story around. It's just that every coach handles it differently. Andy Reid gave you stock, canned answers. Chip Kelly gives you sarcastic brush offs. 

Of all things to beef with Chip over, I really don't care about his press conferences. I'm just expressing my hate. Which is, let's say, "monumental". 

It was your wording.  "Chip Kelly never said that" and quoting Lloyd and holding him to it.  If you're just joking around, good.  There's no reason for anyone to get riled up about Chip anymore anyway except in fun.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag.

I could have kept this going until opening day.

:nonono:

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag.

I could have kept this going until opening day.

:nonono:

You do you, and I'll do me.

Wait, that's not how I meant that!   :lol:

I never heard him explain anything. Well unless you count his blaming everyone else and explanation

He took foolish risks and gambles that weren't supposed to work out.

Yes I agree some of them were foolish. But not all.

For example at the time I liked the trade for Alonso with Shady going the other way. Especially when it was announced that we were bringing in Mathews and Murray. Now of course with hindsight that was a real bad move but I liked it at the time.

I also could understand the trade to go and get Bradford. OK he gave up too much with that second rounder but I could see why he traded. He knew Foles wasn't the guy long term and at the time there was the long shot that maybe Bradford could be. Ultimately sticking with Foles would have ended in the same way. At least he went out there to upgrade the situation.

But yes he also made some big big errors. He should never have released DeSean, Shady and Maclin in consecutive seasons. He neglected the offensive line and that bit him hard last year because it also was a big reason why Murray was such a flop.

For example at the time I liked the trade for Alonso with Shady going the other way. Especially when it was announced that we were bringing in Mathews and Murray. Now of course with hindsight that was a real bad move but I liked it at the time.

I also could understand the trade to go and get Bradford. OK he gave up too much with that second rounder but I could see why he traded. He knew Foles wasn't the guy long term and at the time there was the long shot that maybe Bradford could be. Ultimately sticking with Foles would have ended in the same way. At least he went out there to upgrade the situation.

But yes he also made some big big errors. He should never have released DeSean, Shady and Maclin in consecutive seasons. He neglected the offensive line and that bit him hard last year because it also was a big reason why Murray was such a flop.

Signing Murray and letting Maclin walk were two of his worst decisions.

But was it universally considered at the time that Murray was signed that it was a bad decision? I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Maybe there was hesitation given the heavy season he'd just had but with Mathews also signing there was optimism that the load would be eased?

Definitely. Not all of his moves were bad. I'm exaggerating because I just have such a dislike of his reign here.

The Bradford move was right because of the reason you stated. Foles wasn't gonna be the guy and there was the chance that Bradford was under ultilized in STL. Not mad at the move...although yeah that 2nd rounder...

I'll say this about DeMarco Murray. Although I'm just being lazy and rehashing my complaint from last year. The Murray move was completely unplanned. We traded Shady and the "plan" was to get Gore. But he backed out. Plan B was Ryan Mathews. And then suddenly Murray and Dallas couldn't reach a deal. So he traded Shady with no real plan for what's next. Just like he cut Mathis with no plan. Just like Maclin and Desean.

Anyway, this is 2015's complaint. Don't know why I'm writing paragraphs about it. I guess BronxEagle is right...the hate is infinite.

This is all about someone poking the bear for no reason.  If you really want to get into a troll fight, log on to Youtube and search "Why the UK hates the US".  There's a kid from the UK named Tony Nonce who loves to "poke the bear", and he loves to rile up Americans who come back with logical responses.  Except Tony Nonce isn't logical, he's just on that Youtube video to piss them off.  In fact I'll give you the link.  BronxEagle is needed elsewhere to defend America from the illogical idiots from across the pond!  Please save us brave one!  Only you think like them, you have this immaculate gift!  Do it for the good ol' USA!! 

Leave it to this thread to distort facts and come up with whatever conclusion results in "CK screwed us big time!"

I guess illegal NFL tampering, being given a superior contract, with the offer to play for his original HC in his home state CLEARLY = Us letting him walk

But I guess I shouldn't let these FACTS get in the way of storytime...

Leave it to this thread to distort facts and come up with whatever conclusion results in "CK screwed us big time!"

I guess illegal NFL tampering, being given a superior contract, with the offer to play for his original HC in his home state CLEARLY = Us letting him walk

There is this thing called a franchise tag. You should read about it.

Kelly could have easily prevented Maclin from walking.

But was it universally considered at the time that Murray was signed that it was a bad decision? I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Maybe there was hesitation given the heavy season he'd just had but with Mathews also signing there was optimism that the load would be eased?

Nothing is "universal" when it comes to trades/moves. There were those of us that wanted nothing to do Murray before the trade was even contemplated/made.

Nothing is "universal" when it comes to trades/moves. There were those of us that wanted nothing to do Murray before the trade was even contemplated/made.

That wasn't you though.

That wasn't you though.

It sure was. I wanted nothing to do with Murray and I will dig up the post if you are interested in being made a fool again.

OK universal is the wrong word but was the general view that it was a good move? He'd just had a great season in Dallas where he led the league in rushing yards. To pick him up with Mathews was surely seen by most as a coup?

OK universal is the wrong word but was the general view that it was a good move? He'd just had a great season in Dallas where he led the league in rushing yards. To pick him up with Mathews was surely seen by most as a coup?

Most wanted to ignore the number of carries he had and the fact that he was running behind one of the best OLs in the league. I knew for sure that 2015 was going to bad for him.

It sure was. I wanted nothing to do with Murray and I will dig up the post if you are interested in being made a fool again.

I haven't been made a fool yet.

Not by you anyway... so go ahead.

Dig up the post.

I haven't been made a fool yet.

Not by you anyway... so go ahead.

Dig up the post.

There are plenty more but just a quick search I found these:

He is an injury waiting to happen.  Way over used last year.

Yes, it is. I guarantee you if we add up their carries, they won't be the same.  I am certain they did not practice exactly the same amount. I am certain they both have not had identical injuries.

Wear and tear varies, period end of story. All 26 year old football players are not the same.

BTW, I think Murray is a bigger risk next year than McCoy given how much Dallas used him last year regardless of what he has done earlier in his career.

I hope not. I don't want to see us pay for Dallas overusing him last year.

There are plenty more but just a quick search I found these:

Very good... I stand corrected.

Now roll over and play dead.

And Chip's answer for that was to spend a 1st round pick replacing him, and Miles Austin. 

The facts are, Chip let Maclin walk despite having total control of the situation...and then our response was almost as if we were blindsided by it. "A rookie and Miles Austin...that should do the trick." 

.and then our response was almost as if we were blindsided by it. "A rookie and Miles Austin...that should do the trick." 

I don't think the plan was for Agholor to come in & be Maclin right away. I imagine Chip expected he would develop into his replacement over the course of 2 or 3 years, which he may still.

Austin though, yeah, that was crap.